PDA

View Full Version : Information on 225 VRS

doc1
07-04-2011, 09:55 PM
I would like to upgrade my boat in the next couple years. I currently have an 18'6" Larson Outboard. It is used for many purposes. Some of those include cruising, fishing, relaxin/partying but most importantly skiing and wakeboarding. My father used to be a competition skier and I am a young and learning wakeboarder. I am getting pretty comfortable behind heavily loaded down V-Drive wake specific boats. It absolutely MUST be good in rough waters up to 8' rollers even, our current boat can do it. I want to be in the $15,000 to $20,000 range.

CantRepeat
07-05-2011, 07:22 AM
I would like to upgrade my boat in the next couple years. I currently have an 18'6" Larson Outboard. It is used for many purposes. Some of those include cruising, fishing, relaxin/partying but most importantly skiing and wakeboarding. My father used to be a competition skier and I am a young and learning wakeboarder. I am getting pretty comfortable behind heavily loaded down V-Drive wake specific boats. It absolutely MUST be good in rough waters up to 8' rollers even, our current boat can do it. I want to be in the $15,000 to $20,000 range.

8 foot rollers? Wow, that's gonna be a tough task for just about any Mastercraft designed for wakeboarding. Other then the 300 I guess the CSX or X25 has the deepest V.

doc1
07-05-2011, 08:45 AM
What is the roughest water this boat can handle? Does anyone on here have experience with this? Also how is the wakeboard wake with some weight?

CantRepeat
07-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Well, I can only speak for my old 92 and my current X30. Two foot chop is rough on my boat. Sure it will do it, but for how long and do I really want to get banged around that much? Neaither of them were built for open ocean.

kskonn
07-05-2011, 10:24 AM
yea 8 foot chop is pretty extreme for any of these boats. I don't think you can get one large enough in a v drive for the price range you are looking at.

I mean 8 ft, that would be about 6 ft over the top of my boat.

ShamrockIV
07-05-2011, 10:36 AM
i would not want to be out in 3 or four foot chop in my X30

dreddy
07-05-2011, 11:02 AM
I was in 4' - 5' stuff at Lake Powell in my X30 for an afternoon. That height was way too dangerous for these boats in my opinion. That being said, I suppose that it would float over 8' swells if they were far enough apart.

Thrall
07-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Powell and Lake of the Ozarks has gotten scary before for me, probably 4' chop.
Best way I've found to handle it, in my old 190 or the X2 is get some weight in the back end. Keeps the nose high all the time, really helps.
8' seas, I don't think so.....................

doc1
07-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Thank you for experiences and opinions. So 4' to 5' is do able then? Now will this be a good crossover boat for wakeboarding and slalom skiing?