PDA

View Full Version : Because everyone likes pics!

Trig2275
07-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Just some shots from Sunday. My boys (8 & 9) are coming along.

scott023
07-04-2011, 04:34 PM
The kid in that last pic looks older than nine. Just sayin. ;):D

TXX9
07-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Nice pics. It's great watching them learn. Mine are starting to get some air 2.

Bert
07-05-2011, 12:30 AM
The kid in that last pic looks older than nine. Just sayin. ;):DThink that one might be the dad.

MC4SNETS
07-05-2011, 01:56 AM
Nice camera and lens. Nice to see folks that know how to use a camera......not too many people shoot on aperature priority. Very well composed.... f2.8 at 160mm......Can't do that with any of my cheap lenses.....another reason to spend more money!

TXX9
07-05-2011, 03:07 AM
Nice camera and lens. Nice to see folks that know how to use a camera......not too many people shoot on aperature priority. Very well composed.... f2.8 at 160mm......Can't do that with any of my cheap lenses.....another reason to spend more money!

uhhh, mine are taken with an iphone dude?!

agarabaghi
07-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Hes clearly not talking about your pictures. Great DOF in the first couple.

CantRepeat
07-05-2011, 08:56 AM
uhhh, mine are taken with an iphone dude?!

Which is why you have infinite focus in your photos.

Trig2275
07-05-2011, 08:57 AM
Canon 5D with this lens. Wife is a photographer. www.amandatreigerphotography.com Children's portraits. The full res pics really pop.

MC4SNETS
07-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Hes clearly not talking about your pictures. Great DOF in the first couple.

LOL, I wasn't going to say anything.

Nothing wrong with iPhone pics though, TXX9....I've done a lot of those too....like 2 weeks ago when I opened my camera bag, pulled out the D70 and found that I left the card at home.....

Trig2275
07-05-2011, 07:34 PM
This cracks me up. Who else got slammed?

agarabaghi
07-05-2011, 09:54 PM
f2.8 70-200 USM II ?

I got that lens a while back still havent taken it on the boat... im always driving!

TXX9
07-05-2011, 11:10 PM
I knew he was not talking about my pics, it was a joke. I mistook the thread to be about kids wakeboarding based on the OP (I know there is another thread "Lets see the Kids"), but see that it is now about cameras and photography, of which I know absolutely nothing about, so I'll bug out of this one.

Trig2275
07-05-2011, 11:43 PM
TXX9,

No you're right. The thread is about the kids foremost but like most threads it took a little twist. I know everyone likes pictures so I figured I would just post a few from the weekend. Never occured to me that anyone would actually notice the photo itself. Just goes to show how knowledgable the people on this forum actually are.

TXX9
07-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Agree. Lots of good info, cool pics, and nice folks.

MC4SNETS
07-06-2011, 02:26 AM
First, never meant to jack the thread into a photography topic.....definately the kids are the stars!

f2.8 70-200 USM II ?

I got that lens a while back still havent taken it on the boat... im always driving!

Yea, me too.....always driving and although my wife is teriffic, she can neither drive or take pictures. I still have the pics of the first time my daughter got up on double skis....I was driving and she was taking pics with my camera.....apparantly she did not notice that there was sunscreen smeared all over the lens (circular polarizer) so the pics are a bit....uh, fuzzy?.....Not that she would know what to do with the circular polarizer anyway....but at least wipe off the smudge you are looking through.

Can't wait until my son is driving full time. I'll buy my fast lens and take some awesome pics.

TXX9 - Your pics are great. Like I said, i have lotsa iPhone pics.....i just happened tp pick up on the quality of Ms. Trig's photos.....turns out I was right, she's a pro. Maybe we need a section on this forum for photography?

agarabaghi
07-06-2011, 08:57 AM
These were shot with a 7d and a 85 1.2L

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/7585/40114421.jpg

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/3852/24200413.jpg

absolutezero
07-06-2011, 09:45 AM
always driving and although my wife is teriffic, she can neither drive or take pictures. I still have the pics of the first time my daughter got up on double skis....I was driving and she was taking pics with my camera.....apparantly she did not notice that there was sunscreen smeared all over the lens (circular polarizer) so the pics are a bit....uh, fuzzy?.....Not that she would know what to do with the circular polarizer anyway....but at least wipe off the smudge you are looking through.

This sounds familiar... My wife is a reasonable driver, although she doesn't fully understand the concept of a straight line... She is a dreadfull photographer though. When she is taking pictures I get about 1 good one for every 30 or so bad pictures. I essentially put the camera on full auto (P) and set it to all points autofocus... still get lots of crap. She can't understand focus points, either overfills the frame (cuts off legs or heads) or doesn't zoom enough and the person on the back of the boat appears to be about a mile away... I've offered to get her photography lessons on many occasions, but she just gets irritated. When my 6yr old son can drive, I'll have MUCH better pictures to share.

gatorguy
07-06-2011, 11:46 AM
My 9 yr old is becoming quite the photographer. He loves our D70, and has taken quite a few good shots. If I set it up for him, he can compose some great photos.

GT500 MC
07-06-2011, 11:54 AM
My 9 yr old is becoming quite the photographer. He loves our D70, and has taken quite a few good shots. If I set it up for him, he can compose some great photos.

That's awesome. I truly believe kids have a much more open mind when it comes to taking photos and being "spur of the moment". My 8-year old will take our camera (just a point-shoot digital) and take 20 pics. 18 will be awful but the other two are better than any that I could ever shoot.

agarabaghi
07-06-2011, 12:19 PM
they have a better perspective being so short.

gatorguy
07-06-2011, 01:16 PM
That's awesome. I truly believe kids have a much more open mind when it comes to taking photos and being "spur of the moment". My 8-year old will take our camera (just a point-shoot digital) and take 20 pics. 18 will be awful but the other two are better than any that I could ever shoot.

He will take 100 picts in 20 min and fill the entire card if I don't keep him under control. It's like he is trying to make a movie with a still camera, like those cartoon flip books.

J NORRIS
07-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Got my boys off the tube and on a kneeboard.:dance:
River was glass all day, perfect day on the boat!
Sorry for the bad i-Phone pics.
Justin 7 first run on a knee board!:)
James 9 first run and was cutting back and forth across the wakes!:toast:
Should have seen the look I gave that jet skiier on the way by, and a very young kid was driving with an adult on the back.
Next trip we will try doubles again, James did it once last year for about 100yds.
Very exited that they are interested in something other than the tubes.

2001 prostar 209 1:1 tranny, and I'm not a hooker. I want to be one though8p
Went on the best run in a few years, thanks to my wife who drove the boat like a pro!
One would have thought I installed PP. She held speed the whole time, great driving.
I ski at different lengths all the time 15 off, skip 22, 28 off, 32 off. Feels like your in the back of the boat sometimes at shortline lengths.
ski wake at 34 mph.
at 36 mph