PDA

View Full Version : Upholstery coming unstitched on my 07 with 60hours

Baer
07-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Almost every seat in my boat has the stitching split open!!! Is this normal for this year? my boat only has 60hours on it and it just shocks me, i thought when i bought mastercraft i was buying a level of quality a bit higher then this. Is anyone else having the same issues?

TallRedRider
07-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Almost every seat in my boat has the stitching split open!!! Is this normal for this year? my boat only has 60hours on it and it just shocks me, i thought when i bought mastercraft i was buying a level of quality a bit higher then this. Is anyone else having the same issues?

Let us know more about it.

Are you the first owner?

What products do you use to clean it with?

Where is it sitting all year? If you leave it in the sun all summer, it's normal.

Not knowing you or anything else...A boat with 60 hours has 15 hours or less per summer on it and is probably neglected. At least I would not put much time or money into something I use that little.

Baer
07-04-2011, 04:38 PM
first owner, it spent one season, the first one on the lake from June to September but the trailer cover was put on every time after use and boat was on a lift under a roof. the boat is now stored in my garage and always has the trailer cover on it. to clean it we only use water and sometimes white vinegar and distilled water. I am supper anal about keeping this boat in great shape.

Baer
07-04-2011, 04:41 PM
the boat did sit for 3 seasons in the garage with the cover on with no use because we had moved and it took a while to get back to the boating deal.

Thrall
07-05-2011, 03:29 PM
No that's not normal at all and you're the orig owner, so you know the history.
Heck, my 06 (only 100+hrs, 48hrs by the orig owner in 3.5years) sat with the cover on it, no roof in the Las Vegas sun for 3 years (stoopid owner) and while it's shredded 2 covers from sun damage and a little gel coat oxidation, the seats are perfect, knock on wood.
Take it it to a dealer and explain the situation, seems you should be able to get some help with that.

scott023
07-05-2011, 03:30 PM
No that's not normal at all and you're the orig owner, so you know the history.
Heck, my 06 (only 100+hrs, 48hrs by the orig owner in 3.5years) sat with the cover on it, no roof in the Las Vegas sun for 3 years (stoopid owner) and while it's shredded 2 covers from sun damage and a little gel coat oxidation, the seats are perfect, knock on wood.
Take it it to a dealer and explain the situation, seems you should be able to get some help with that.

I would certainly hope so too.

soacj
07-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Got any pictures of the seams?

agarabaghi
07-05-2011, 03:32 PM
06 with 1000 hours left uncovered most of her life, only has ripped seats where fat people have jumped on the seats.

This does not seem normal.

JTNG
07-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Had it happen to a couple of seats on my 09 x14V, had 1.5 seasons on it, took it back to dealer and was replaced under warranty. Had to reorder the seats from factory so did it during the winter time, it took a few months. Your dealer should have the option of using a local upholstry shop to do some stitching though. Good Luck!

O2BESOHUGE
07-06-2011, 05:15 PM
I Have A 1991 And Only 1 Seam Coming Undone...mine Have Held Up Great! Id Be Pissed If It Were Mine On A New Boat!

REDX2
07-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Mastercraft replaced my two back seat bottoms three times on my 07 X2, last time they let me keep the old ones so I use those and keep the new ones for when i sell

JohnE
07-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Definitely not normal....contact your dealer.