PDA

View Full Version : How to wreck a Blower? leave the plug out

skierdan
07-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Hello all, stupid story to follow.......

I finally joined the drain plug club, yup stoopid me left it out and didn't realize until the kids started yelling the boat was sinking. Lucky I turned the bilge pump on and made it back to shore and the motor is ok but......... I had left my blower on when I left the dock. It appears my blower is designed to blow...well, air, not water. Hence my blower does not work. I asked my wife to take its place but she didn't think it was funny. ;)

SO how do I fix? A) did i just blow a fuse that need replacing? if so where is it? keep in mind I am not the most mechanically inclined. (couldn't find a drain plug with both hands)

B) if it is not a fuse, and I need to replace the blower, how hard is it, how expensive, part numbers etc?

boat is a 94 205 LT1

Thanks for all your help guys, I learn something every time I come here

erkoehler
07-04-2011, 07:06 AM
Its probably a 3" or 3.5" blower and won't take more than 30 minutes to change from start to finish. Probably 10 minutes.

rholmes
07-04-2011, 07:56 AM
I think yours has the accessory panel that has the fuses mounted on it. Pull it and check. Otherwise, it is a very simple replacement job.

skierdan
07-05-2011, 02:36 AM
thanks guys I will try that this weekend. any trick to pulling the fuses on the panel? would hate to make it worse