PDA

View Full Version : Guages problem...PLEASE HELP

Lennyp04
07-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Well first off let me say that this summer has not been too nice to my boat. About a month ago I hit a log and damaged the prop shaft, strut and prop. Then this morning we were out wakeboarding and we were trying to unfill the ballast and now I'm pretty sure the pump is shot. Well this morning it was raining and we came back into the dock thinking that it would clear up so we left it uncovered. Needless to say it did not clear up and it kept raining harder and harder. About an hour and a half ago we were finally able to take the boat out again and we went the length of the lake (13 miles) and then stopped by the dam. The display in the tach (2007 X-1) started blinking ENG MET so I called my dad to get the booklet out. I googled it and found out that it meant English and Metric. So I picked ENG and was on our way. Then as we were coming back, I noticed that one speedometer was reading 5mph while the other was reading 35mph when it felt like I was going about 15-20mph. To my knowledge, the speedo switches were not touched. So I slow down. Then we get going again and the guages are self testing by themselves. I did not hit the switch they just randomly started to self test. This is very frustrating because it's a boat, it's supposed to get wet. I just covered up the boat with a bunch of damp rid to hopefully get any moisture out.

Has anyone ever had this happen. Is it possible that the switch got wet and it is doing something weird? If the speedo's need to be recalculated, how hard is to do and how do you do it. Hopefully someone has an answer to this question!

Thanks
Lenny

Jerseydave
07-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Hey Lenny, just a guess but check to see if your Perfectpass module got wet under the dash. (I assume you have PP) Do you have one analog guage and the PP display?

Another thing to check is the wiring to the paddlewheel. When my boat was new, I had a bad connection at one of those wires @ the paddlewheel.

You could also try disconnecting the battery, wait 5-10 mins to clear everything and then try it.

Lennyp04
07-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Hey Lenny, just a guess but check to see if your Perfectpass module got wet under the dash. (I assume you have PP) Do you have one analog guage and the PP display?

Another thing to check is the wiring to the paddlewheel. When my boat was new, I had a bad connection at one of those wires @ the paddlewheel.

You could also try disconnecting the battery, wait 5-10 mins to clear everything and then try it.

No perfect pass on My boat. Guess ill check those wires tomorrow and see if they look bad. I did think maybe that could be the cause since its messing with the speedo and all the options on the multifunction display. Anyone else.

erkoehler
07-04-2011, 07:17 AM
Happens to quite a few boats. Step one is to get it uncovered and dried out. Put a fan in it to circulate some air under the dash. 75% of the time once its fully dry your fine.

Lennyp04
07-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Well I found out that all I had to do was recalibrate my speedometers. However now it is giving me a message across the multifunction display saying NO DATA. What do I look for to fix that? I was loosing my engine temp and my volts, then those would come back and I'd lose fuel and oil psi, and now it just says NO DATA with only the tachometer working.

agarabaghi
07-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Sounds like my issues ive had with my 2006 X1.

Here are some steps:

1) Check your ground wires. My dash would reset its self (all gauges would go to the left then back to normal postition) when i didnt have my 2nd battery grounded properly.

2) Check each individual gauge. Taking the dash off is easy, just unplug 1 gauge at a time and see if the rest respond. My gauges would die randomly and once i unplugged the oil gauge the rest started working.

3) Get your MDC box checked at your dealer.

As for the no data, i have no seen it since i unplugged my oil pressure gauge which was causing the rest to crap out. Ill let you know what happens today when we ride.

Lennyp04
07-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Thanks man. It's funny, I worked at the MasterCraft dealer where we bought our boat for 3 years and I never heard of anyone's saying NO DATA.

agarabaghi
07-06-2011, 12:53 PM
yea they had no clue what i was talking about either. What i am thinking is the oil pressure gauge killed all the gauges, but the MDC was still sending a signel but the lcd was just displaying no data as the boat ran fine.

For your speedo, get a gps and check then adjust your speedo switches. Mine were off by 10mph randomly.

agarabaghi
07-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Working at the dealer did you ever replace a gauge on our year boats, i mtrying to figure it out with out un screwing random stuff. Looks like the gauges screw in from the fornt behind the vanity plastic trim....?

Lennyp04
07-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Never had to do any work with gauges at the marina. Unfortunately, there is a new MC service tech this year and he isn't too knowledgeable yet. He didn't even know how to calibrate the speedos. That's why I need your guys help!

agarabaghi
07-07-2011, 07:49 AM
well here is an update.

My gauges worked fine (except the oil because it is unplugged). The Rpm and the LCD still said NO DATA. Im not sure what that is all about.

Lennyp04
07-07-2011, 05:33 PM
I read somewhere about fuses behind the kick panel that maybe causing problems. Looks like I'll try that before I have to go and take it back to the marina. I wish someone could tell me exactly what NO DATA means. My only guess would be that the paddle wheel plug in the bottom of the boat is bad causing NO DATA to go to the screens.

agarabaghi
07-07-2011, 05:36 PM
hmm could be maybe something stuck in it?

tcmercil
08-18-2011, 11:25 PM
I had the same issue tonight - 2006 x1 / installed GPS stargazer a couple weeks ago... but my garage that I keep it in, is far from dry.... it's very moist inside - almost damp.... anyways - was out tonight, and had been working fine - then no data - lost all gauges including RPM's - GPS Perfect Pass was fine - but nothing else? I disconnected battery for a while, and verified all fuses were good (i think) - but I'm torn.

I put a fan under the dash tonight, so we'll see if it dries out and what happens tomorrow.
any other ideas?

rgardjr1
08-18-2011, 11:54 PM
I have the same problem where I lose all gauges except the perfect pass when my battery gets drained. Now that
I have an onboard charger I haven't had this happen.

oshkarmeyer
05-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Anyone find a solution to the NO DATA mystery in their boats? I'm having the same issue...