PDA

View Full Version : BIG tannny leak. 1999Maristar 230 VRS Hurth 1.1 to 1 Tranny

Bruce
07-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Haven't been on here since my wife passed away a couple of years ago.
I have run the boat some but no nearly enough. First thing to go was water pump. Replaced it. Most of the running since then has been on a hose hanging in the straps. My kids used it in the water a few months bad and it ran like a charm! Kids were coming up for the 4th so I went to the slip to chase away a few spiders wipe of a little mold etc. Hooked up hose and let it idle for about 15 minutes. Came back turned on bilge and out came a bunch of tranny fluid. Did not see any leaks on top or side (Dip stick totally dry) all the fluid was under the tranny. Since I was in the straps and not used was it a slow leak? Don't know. When U warmed it up for 15minutes did it all blow out under pressure? Don't know. Fortunately I never engaged the tranny. Front seal? Big job on this model etc?
Oops my radio just went off for a residential structure fire catch u later.

JLeuck64
07-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Is that model equipped with a v-drive or direct drive? The reason I asked is I had a similar leak in my 98 direct drive with a 1:1 Hurth trans. What I found to be leaking was the cover plate over the filter screen (its on the bottom of the trans case and looks like a small rectangular flat plate with four bolts holding it in place) was driving me nuts and was very difficult to reseal with the trans still in the boat!

Bruce
07-03-2011, 10:22 PM
V drive thanks for info