PDA

View Full Version : 2001 X-Star Center Ballast hole

X-STAR25
07-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Hey guys,

I've recently purchased a 2001 X-Star and i've been coming to this site and getting all kinds of great help with small problems, so I would first like to say thank you soo much for all the great help this forum has been.

Down to business. I recently was filling my center ballest and realized it was taking very long of it to start squirting out the front overflow hole in the bow(this is how I know it's full)... I opened the center storage compartment and immediatly realized it was filling with water. To my dismay I discovered the problem. I dont know how the newer boats do it but the old ballast bag has a blue bladder that fill with water and this is inside a protective pressure cover with 2 zippers on the top, one on each end. This outside cover has a PVC pipe that is used as a spine to insert the bag into its spot in the ski locker. After taking out the bag I discovered the original owner did not zip up the front zipper (I know I should have checked). I'm guessing this caused to much pressure on the bladder and over time a rip formed along the seem under this zipper.

I writing this to simply ask:

A.) can I simply patch the inside bladder and go back to boarding?

or

B.)Do I need to buy a new bladder/bag?

if so

C.)Does anyone know where I can find these for cheap?

Thanks guys any advice will do.

X-STAR25

T-bone
07-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Hi X-STAR25 - I had the same ballast bag in my 2000 X-Star and last year the same thing happened, even though the outside cover was always zippered. I could not find an original replacement so I ordered a fly-high tube sac and new fittings. The fly high bag when filled though pushes open the ski locker, so it's kind of a pia vs. the original one.

http://www.fatsac.com/FATSACS.bifh

Jeff d
07-02-2011, 10:59 PM
This might work:
http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-mastercraft-xstar-center-sac.html

X-STAR25
07-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks guys I will definitely look into both of these!

swatguy
07-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Having had same issue I will try anlocate some of the posts for this. You are not going to find anything aftermarket that will fill the space completely. As mentioned the tube sac will push the floor up. The old filltings are just that. Old and out of date with new stuff. No matter what your are going to have to ds some hose n fittings.

The two beat solutions are
A) get a custom fly hi bag that has the 3 ports in same area as the original
B) get factory X1 bag

Those are really the onlyways to maximize that compartment and get factory fit. If u aren't concerned about maximum weight and don't mind keeping an eye on the floor the tube sac is the cheapest next best thing to get you rolling again. Still need some fittings tho

wakescene
07-03-2011, 11:04 PM
I had the same as the OP. Purchase a flyhigh sac and be done with it. Thicker, easier to maintain and provides the same amour of weight. You won't be disappointed.

mccobmd
07-04-2011, 08:24 AM
I put the fly high in my X1. Great bag.