PDA

View Full Version : Surf Tabs On A 03-11 X Star ???? Help ??

krutzmart
07-02-2011, 01:26 PM
So I have a set of lenco tabs,actuators,guages,everything to install a set of surf tabs on a x star. I have had the parts since March and I'm just scared to install them. I'm not scared of the installation process, just scared of what it's going to do with the best wakeboard wake money can buy.......just my opinion.

There is one other post on this web site with a 2010 x star with tabs. google( Mastercraft surf tabs ) it pops right up under team talk.

*** Does anyone out there have some experiance with surf tabs on the x star ? 03-11

*** Does it compermise the wakeboarding wake in any way ??

HELP ?? HELP ?? HELP ??

peettee79
07-02-2011, 08:52 PM
I dont think they damage the wake too much, they definaitley have some effect, but when loaded the wake is still full of punch.
If i had my time and $ again I wouldnt install, they do nothing for the wave. Ive a 09 X2 so a little different to the X*

krutzmart
07-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Thanks, think I might have a tab set to sell...

Holman J.B.F
07-05-2011, 03:59 AM
My buddy and i bought our boats at the same time,..both are 100% indentical.Same ballast set-up etc etc. He has the tabs and i do not.....there is a slight difference in wake,personally i think his wake was a little steeper.But you can install the Tabs in such a way that they come up higher than the stock ones.

krutzmart
07-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Even though they come up higher. They will still be sticking out from behind the tramson changing shape in some way.
So you think that with tabs it's a steeper (better) wakeboard wake ?
And I'm sure the surf wakes better....

Holman J.B.F
07-06-2011, 03:06 AM
i can not tell you if t is better,..if you like a somewhat steeper wake than it is better for you.
Our ballast set-up was 3500lbs in total,so it is actually neglecteble.you can,t go wrong with a X-star with some extra wieght...either with or without tabs.

krutzmart
07-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Cool.
Thanks for the input on the tab set up