PDA

View Full Version : New Boat New Questions

ryfly161
07-02-2011, 11:03 AM
I just upgraded my mastercraft yesterday to a brand new x-15, the old trusty ps190 got destroyed by a drunk driver. Anyone have a size of fenders that they like for the bigger boats the ones that we had for the 190 are way to small. The boat didnt have the navigation already on it and i was curious if anyone has added it with the new big system and how they like it..

thanks

ryan

Trig2275
07-02-2011, 11:24 AM
I use 5.5 x 20 for tying up to the dock. Got them from Gander Mountain. Pack of 4 with 5' lines and a mesh bag for $69. They work ok but I would probably get a little bigger ones if I was buying new ones. If you plan to tie up to other boats I would use hippity hop balls.

ryfly161
07-02-2011, 06:39 PM
trig thanks for the suggestions i will have to look at gander mountain it is up the road and it sounds like a good deal.

Trig2275
07-02-2011, 06:42 PM
don't buy them from the store as they will be a good bit more. Just order them online and do a google search for gander mountain coupons...you should be able to get a few more bucks off and free shipping that way. The prices in the store are WAY more.

ryfly161
07-02-2011, 06:54 PM
cool that is good to know that they are cheaper online

Trig2275
07-02-2011, 07:01 PM
good looking boat! You must be near Knoxville?

ryfly161
07-03-2011, 09:30 AM
I am actually near Charlotte NC, just moved up from charleston sc. still trying to get use to the new lake and trying to find some other mastercrafts to hang out with, where are you?

JohnE
07-03-2011, 09:48 AM
I am actually near Charlotte NC, just moved up from charleston sc. still trying to get use to the new lake and trying to find some other mastercrafts to hang out with, where are you?

Congrats on the new boat. Where did you buy it? Lots of MC's on lake Wylie.

ryfly161
07-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Thanks john we just bought the new boat friday from Lee at Charlotte Ski Boats, good people down there. I havent had a chance to go out down there we took the boat out on mountain island lake on friday and i think i am going to take it out a good bit there because it is really close to my house.

erkoehler
07-03-2011, 11:42 AM
8.5x20 fenders or 10x26 if its really rough where you dock.

FourFourty
07-03-2011, 11:59 AM
I just upgraded my mastercraft yesterday to a brand new x-15, the old trusty ps190 got destroyed by a drunk driver. Anyone have a size of fenders that they like for the bigger boats the ones that we had for the 190 are way to small. The boat didnt have the navigation already on it and i was curious if anyone has added it with the new big system and how they like it..

thanks

ryan

I have the chartplotter on my new X25. It is a P.O.S!! Do not get it.

The accuracy is not very good. I have seen it be up to 200' off on shorelines and obsticles. Also, every single time that I really wanted it to work, it didnt. The first problem was that the viper module kept fogetting the unlock code. The second time, the antenna failed. And this last weekend, it was telling me that I was 500 miles away from the lake that I was on.

So after replacing the viper module twice, and the antenna, I am going back to the chartplotter that I used to have.... A Garmin GPSMap 536. I should have never sold it before. I was trying to keep a cleaner look in the helm of the new boat.... So much for that.

My GPSMap 536 had unparralleled accuracy (+/- 10 feet on shorlines), a much higher resolution display, dead on accuracy on depths and obsticles, and it worked, every time.

ryfly161
07-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Four Forty Thanks for the heads up i have been looking at a navionics app for the iphone and everyone that i have talked to said it is the trick and it is only 12 dollars. sounds like the upgrade for the big sys is a waist of money.