PDA

View Full Version : MDC box... are they all the same (models & years)

timvan
06-30-2011, 09:37 AM
are the all compatable or do different models & years have different boxes?

agarabaghi
06-30-2011, 09:41 AM
no... http://www.waterskis.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=mdc&Search.x=0&Search.y=0

houtexX30
06-30-2011, 10:10 AM
are the all compatable or do different models & years have different boxes?

If you need one, let me know. I bought one for my 02 X-30 and it turns out that wasn't my problem.

timvan
06-30-2011, 03:06 PM
If you need one, let me know. I bought one for my 02 X-30 and it turns out that wasn't my problem.

not sure if its the issue..but im thinking it may likely be.
Ive lost my spedometer and my fuel gauge. Fuel issue is not sender or gauge.

How much do you want for it?

houtexX30
06-30-2011, 03:24 PM
not sure if its the issue..but im thinking it may likely be.
Ive lost my spedometer and my fuel gauge. Fuel issue is not sender or gauge.

How much do you want for it?

I'll take 250 shipped. Be sure to check for a grounding issue first. Thats what my problem was.

I've only had the MMDC for a couple months but I could not return it after I plugged it in. Bought it new from Midwest Mastercraft which is also waterskis.com and wakeboards.com.

timvan
06-30-2011, 03:34 PM
I'll take 250 shipped. Be sure to check for a grounding issue first. Thats what my problem was.

I've only had the MMDC for a couple months but I could not return it after I plugged it in. Bought it new from Midwest Mastercraft which is also waterskis.com and wakeboards.com.

Will check the grounding, was on my to do list anyways. Is the idea to run a seperate ground from bettery to distrbution block under dash?

agarabaghi
06-30-2011, 03:34 PM
how did they know you plugged it in?

houtexX30
06-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Will check the grounding, was on my to do list anyways. Is the idea to run a seperate ground from bettery to distrbution block under dash?

There should already be a grounding distribution block under the dash. I was told to just check all the connections at that block and go from there. My issue was the ground at the engine block.

Baghi, as far as them knowing if I plugged it in or not, there is a small diagnostic port on the MMDC that I would assume they could plug a computer into and see if it has been connected or not, therefor I did not bother trying to return it.

I have also heard that since gauges were a common issue around that time period, MC dealers were given a scan tool that they can hook up to the boat and isolate the problem to a ground issue, gauges etc. However, the new MC dealer in north Houston did not yet have this tool and the other dealer in town is too far away for me.

agarabaghi
06-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Fair enough. Im having issues with all of my gauges except the speed / rpm and pp ... i hope its not the MDC and just something to do with the moisture hehe... i can wish right!

wheelerd
07-01-2011, 03:44 AM
When I bought my 01 X5 it had issues with the speedos and tach. MDC was the problem. Replaced it and all was well. Water had gotten inside, likely from the speedo pitot tubes.

houtexX30
07-02-2011, 01:23 PM
When I bought my 01 X5 it had issues with the speedos and tach. MDC was the problem. Replaced it and all was well. Water had gotten inside, likely from the speedo pitot tubes.

Thats the same thing I was told over the phone by midwest mastercraft when I was deciding whether or not to buy a new MMDC. So, after I forked out the $350 for a new MMDC, I went to install it and realized that our boat uses a paddle wheel pickup for the speedo. Plugged the new MMDC in and viola!!!! Gauges did the exact same thing as before. Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed.