PDA

View Full Version : Calling all non towered boat owners!

jason95gt
06-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Would you love the better viewing point of a towered boat without the headache, look or inconvenience of a tower? Then this is your lucky day! We just got in the new Proview windshield mirror and it is AWESOME. We are taking orders and giving an amazing deal if ordered before July 9th! Retail price is $499 and discounted price is $375 shipped!

http://redlinewatersports.blogspot.com/2011/05/mastercrafts-new-pro-view-mirror.html

TxsRiverRat
06-29-2011, 01:06 PM
$375 for a mirror?

:popcorn:

east tx skier
06-29-2011, 01:12 PM
No, that's the discounted price. :o

I'm sure it's just what some folks out there have been looking for. But, for me, it doesn't really go with the low slung lines of my closed bow ski boat and would not fit under my bimini top anyway.

That said, I wish them all the good fortune in the world with this endeavor.

TxsRiverRat
06-29-2011, 01:16 PM
yep - good luck on the sales, but I guess I was thinkin that if someone was that hellbent on looking backwards, I would not want them driving my boat

:rolleyes:

east tx skier
06-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Jason, how high off the frame does that bracket get the mirror? My CIPA extreme with the stock bracket (same as on the two CIPA comp mirrors I just sold) will get it over the frame. What's the purpose of having it that high? Is it for seeing wake board aerials? Not trying to put it down. Just trying to get an idea of its functionality.

east tx skier
06-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Of course, as soon as I post this, I find this picture. Hope you'll still let me drive your boat. ;)

And yes, I still have that Rawley Vision Mirror sitting around the garage.

TxsRiverRat
06-29-2011, 01:29 PM
awesome mirror - East LA?

east tx skier
06-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Probably. But believe it or not, those (at least with the brackets that on there) used to be sold for ski boats. Yes, I know the mirror is whatever 5 pane truck mirrors were available at the time. A member of our club has one and I found this one several years ago. The view is pretty awesome. I might need to put it on my boat again just for kicks.

jason95gt
06-29-2011, 01:45 PM
The price is for the bracket and mirror and it help out significantly on viewing the world behind you. If you have been in a towered boat with one, it is easier to see forward and backwards with the higher mirrors. If you are a little taller and are looking over the windshield this will allow you to have better view both ways.

O2BESOHUGE
06-29-2011, 02:57 PM
I Wouldnt Pay That Much For A Mirror...price Is Way Too High

jimmies1
06-29-2011, 03:31 PM
I dont think his price is out of line. Looks to be a CNC Machined billet bracket. From my experience in dealing with CNC'd parts, unless you order a BIG NUMBER of them at one time, it is quite expensive to get this done. Hell, the Tower Cans for speakers from mastercraft are over $1k, and the mastercraft by design billet speaker grills are several hundred each. Billet CNC machined aluminium is not cheap. There will be alot more people looking for these now that the power tower is out and you dont have the 4 point tower anymore to mount the mirrors to.

agarabaghi
06-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Price seems fair, and probably cheaper than the mirror needed for those with the power tower.

east tx skier
06-29-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm sure it's an expensive piece of metal to produce. No question there.

jbkriss
06-29-2011, 05:12 PM
With all the two point towers that are out and MC discontinuing their 4 pt tower (according to previous posts), brackets like this will be the new alternative for higher placed mirrors.

tph
06-29-2011, 05:28 PM
I've had this mirror for over ten years. It's great to have an unobstructed view. It's not so fancy but it blends OK with the lines of the boat and cost $50. including CIPA mirror.

east tx skier
06-29-2011, 05:33 PM
I always liked "AirJunky" Bill's solution to the rearview issue. In fact, that's why, for years, I have had two extra CIPA comps lying around (until recently).

http://airjunky.com/temp/dual_mirrors.jpg

MIskier
06-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Price seems fair, and probably cheaper than the mirror needed for those with the power tower.

That is the mirror and mount you get with the power tower.

tph
06-29-2011, 05:40 PM
I always liked "AirJunky" Bill's solution to the rearview issue. In fact, that's why, for years, I have had two extra CIPA comps lying around (until recently).

http://airjunky.com/temp/dual_mirrors.jpg

I tried the drivers side only version of this but, at my height, the mirror acts like an oversized vanity mirror and blocked the view of way too much real estate.

east tx skier
06-29-2011, 05:42 PM
I tried the drivers side only version of this but, at my height, the mirror acts like an oversized vanity mirror and blocked the view of way too much real estate.

Those mounts are the ones that came on CCs in the late 90s. The aftermarket CIPA Comps have an adjustable mount that can get the mirror well above the windshield. Now, depending on your height, this might still be unworkable. But at 5'10" tall, my CIPA extreme mirror is well above my field of view.

From picture posted above.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=68080&stc=1&d=1309364460

jason95gt
06-29-2011, 05:45 PM
TXSriverrat, I will ship to the 48 contiguous states.

plunk77
06-29-2011, 07:08 PM
i just noticed that. just about every boat with a power tower i've seen i haven't noticed a mirror

ahhudgins
06-29-2011, 11:10 PM

I'm 6'1'' and I have my mirror mounted to the top of the walk thru windshield. The original owner had it on the drivers side but it really bothered me in that position. Funny that this was just posted because I was looking for a larger mirror. I don't "need" a CNC $375 mirror but check out the "Deal of the day"
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=37715&pdesc=Overtons_Panoramic_Boat_Mirror_4_x_14

JohnE
06-30-2011, 09:26 AM
Jason, how high off the frame does that bracket get the mirror? My CIPA extreme with the stock bracket (same as on the two CIPA comp mirrors I just sold) will get it over the frame. What's the purpose of having it that high? Is it for seeing wake board aerials? Not trying to put it down. Just trying to get an idea of its functionality.

The price is for the bracket and mirror and it help out significantly on viewing the world behind you. If you have been in a towered boat with one, it is easier to see forward and backwards with the higher mirrors. If you are a little taller and are looking over the windshield this will allow you to have better view both ways.

I have a CIPA extreme left over from when I had my tristar. I prefer that to the factory tower mounted mirror. There was a time when I had removed the tower mirror because I can see better using the windshield mounted mirror. This is probably the case more when driving slalom and looking through the windshield. For the rest of the time it might be more convenient with the higher mounted mirror which allows you to look over the windshield and under the mirror.