PDA

View Full Version : What would you ask for it?

02ProstarSammyD
06-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Have an 02 prostar sammy D 209. Overall its in good shape but far from excellent. The fiberglass swim deck has some chips on the edges, a few tiny cuts in the vinyl (sundeck, capts seat, one in motor cover, etc) all less than an 1" long. It has a non factory merc 350 tow sport motor with original hours (450). Just thinking about getting a v drive since I overestimated the size of a dd.

Extras:
2 clarion amps
aerial assult tower with polk speakers, racks, and mirror
spare prop
2 man tube
perfect pass (paddle wheel crapped out at the moment, would fix before selling)
cover
factory x9 ballast system with new sacs
nice bimini
08 MC trailer
new fuel pumps

The bad:
has a few bad spots on the hull
swim deck has some chips
perfect pass isn't perfect
non factory engine
malfunctioning oil pressure guage (works sometimes)
Front folding windshield clips are broken so it won't lock down.

located in raleigh, nc

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=500&pictureid=3228
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=500&pictureid=3230

agarabaghi
06-29-2011, 11:09 AM
thats one strange lookcing bimini.

No clue on pricing... have you looked ar what others are selling for?

02ProstarSammyD
06-29-2011, 11:39 AM
I actually think its one of the nicer looking bimini setups. Maybe I'm just strange but its super heavy duty. There have been 2 for sale in the area (same year, roundabout hours) for 27.9 and 29.9. I think that is out to lunch + not sure how much my aftermarket engine hurts me. I didn't pay near that and wouldn't expect someone else to. OnlyIn is short on 209's as of late to gauge off of and I think they are alil high normally too.

KnoxX2
06-29-2011, 11:45 AM
I would say with the aftermarket engine you should be in the low 20's till Aug. After that you might get 19 to 20. Hope this helps!

JeromeM
06-29-2011, 11:50 AM
I think he means it's strange because it's crooked in the picture.

TxsRiverRat
06-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Why is the engine after market?

blakehardesty
06-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Most sammy boats have mercs for some reason. Something to do with sponsorships I assume.

agarabaghi
06-29-2011, 12:12 PM
strange because it sits above the tower hehe

02ProstarSammyD
06-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Why is the engine after market?
Researching that still. Have found that alot of sammy d boats had merc's put in them also. Someone on here said something about a sponsorship issue as well. Its an 02' engine though same as boat and was reported to me to be the same hours.

I think he means it's strange because it's crooked in the picture. touche. Yea forgot I was crooked in that pic.

I would say with the aftermarket engine you should be in the low 20's till Aug. After that you might get 19 to 20. Hope this helps!

Yea I was thinking 21-22k. I paid less than that but have cleaned it up, spent some serious loot on fixing it up, and extras. They just seem to be selling for far more around here for some reason. I feel like throwing 24k out there and seeing if anyone bites.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-29-2011, 12:50 PM
I think you just shot yourself in the foot by telling you paid less thank 20k if your wanting 24k. Fixing things, clean up maintenance does not add $$$$ it just maintains where the values is... Nada has is between 18k and 22k, so your in the ballpark for a less than perfect boat. Note from nada: Vessels in exceptional condition can be worth a significantly higher value than the Average Retail Price shown.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Nada
http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/2002/Mastercraft-Boat-Co/209-SAMMY-DUVALL-21/Standard-Equipment

02ProstarSammyD
06-29-2011, 01:14 PM
I think you just shot yourself in the foot by telling you paid less thank 20k if your wanting 24k

Not really. I paid less than 20k for a boat that had no sacs, a dead fuel pump, bad starter, dead batteries, and didn't run. While I agree that extras don't add value I'm not claiming to have added value through additions. I bought the boat at a lesser value and spent weeks repairing issues along with my mechanic doing a full analysis to make the boat is now 100% mechanically sound. When I say I would throw it out there at 24k I did not mean on TT. I meant more for a craigslist ad where I would most certainly be lowballed from the get go. Not sure anyone can blame me for trying regardless. If a TT member was interested in purchasing it I would def come off the price quite a bit. By no means am I claiming to have added value by doing oil changes and routine maintinence. If I bought a car with a blown engine for 1000 bucks and spent 3500 bucks putting a new one you can't really throw "you only spent 1000 on it" out there.

Maybe I should have been more clear. Hope that clears up your thoughts on it

PS I would alter that nada to more like this which comes out to more of what I was thinking. Also someone told me that the nada does not in fact account for the trailer. Is that correct? Yes I know nada is poo poo anyways but just thinkiing out loud

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/2002/Mastercraft-Boat-Co/209-SAMMY-DUVALL-21/Standard-Equipment

agarabaghi
06-29-2011, 01:17 PM
ask what you want for it, and go from there. who cares what people think it is worth. Im sure no one expect an 06 X1 to sell for only $25k ... but it did. You should always start high and entertain offers.

02ProstarSammyD
06-29-2011, 01:21 PM
^yea I never seem to see those deals.

BWB-745-
06-29-2011, 01:25 PM
I think your boat looks damn good, love the tower too. Ask what you want, who knows, maybe you will get a wally who wants something that just looks cool.

GoneBoatN
06-29-2011, 02:05 PM
First, get that oil guage fixed. No one is going to want a boat that might have a major problem learking. Not much time, not much $ to do so. Fix the windshield clips - you could even make these yourself if you can not get replacements. Then fix whatever else you have time and inclination to do so.

Research some boats up for sale in your area. Remember it is an supply and demand issue. If your boat is nicer, you can ask for more $. If your boat is not as nice as others in the area then you are going to have to offer it for lower $. To me, NADA means just that ;^). It is all about supply and demand in your area.

Just sold my old I/O in the area. I compared against other boats in the area. I priced it per above but keeping in mind I wanted to move it quickly. I thought I priced it too high but turns out I did not. I got several interested in it right away. It was sold within the week. All in all, I think I did well and I hope the family who got the boat will get as much enjoyment out of it as ours did.

If it were me, I'd get it on the market now. Summer is here and gas prices are dropping. I decided to not sell it at the end of last season just because I knew it would get less at that time.

Best of luck!

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Not really. I paid less than 20k for a boat that had no sacs, a dead fuel pump, bad starter, dead batteries, and didn't run. While I agree that extras don't add value I'm not claiming to have added value through additions. I bought the boat at a lesser value and spent weeks repairing issues along with my mechanic doing a full analysis to make the boat is now 100% mechanically sound. When I say I would throw it out there at 24k I did not mean on TT. I meant more for a craigslist ad where I would most certainly be lowballed from the get go. Not sure anyone can blame me for trying regardless. If a TT member was interested in purchasing it I would def come off the price quite a bit. By no means am I claiming to have added value by doing oil changes and routine maintinence. If I bought a car with a blown engine for 1000 bucks and spent 3500 bucks putting a new one you can't really throw "you only spent 1000 on it" out there.

Maybe I should have been more clear. Hope that clears up your thoughts on it

PS I would alter that nada to more like this which comes out to more of what I was thinking. Also someone told me that the nada does not in fact account for the trailer. Is that correct? Yes I know nada is poo poo anyways but just thinkiing out loud

What I have found to be about accurate is add 30% to nada and that is a more realistic price point, dealers are almost always going to be high because because the buyer is going to negotiate them down
in price. Most of the time the trailer is included in the price on nada, just have to read the write up on a specific model. I'm in the car business and nada is what we use to price a car its a shame that boat dealers dont use the same courtesy. Nada uses reported selling prices to figures their values ...

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-29-2011, 03:00 PM
You asked for opinions and didnt like the answers it seems you want to give it away which is great for a buyer but not so much for any other seller whole wants to get a fair market value for their boat, its your boat sell it for what you want, it will sell fast...

J NORRIS
06-29-2011, 03:22 PM
I have a prestine 2001~209 rtp 1:1 tranny, and would not even entertain an offer less than 25k.

KnoxX2
06-29-2011, 03:44 PM
I have a prestine 2001~209 rtp 1:1 tranny, and would not even entertain an offer less than 25k.

And you shouldn't because it is prestine and I would think $25would be a fair price for a well cared for boat.

02ProstarSammyD
06-29-2011, 04:09 PM
You asked for opinions and didnt like the answers it seems you want to give it away which is great for a buyer but not so much for any other seller whole wants to get a fair market value for their boat, its your boat sell it for what you want, it will sell fast...

sorry actually seemed like you were flaming me for being so high. Not saying I don't like the answers. If I didn't want answers I wouldn't have asked the question. I'm not trying to sell anything cheap but wanted to see what everyone thought was fair. I got what I think was a great deal on it but have paid a great amount in parts/labor/sweat getting it back to good condition.

Looking back at it I read your response wrong and thought you were suggesting the nada price was in line not the 24k. My apologies