PDA

View Full Version : Any Maristar Wakesurfers???

Tuna Cowboy
06-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Hey guys, anyone here doing any wakesurfing with their MAristar?....I have a 2000 230 with a 330HP....just got it last fall and it just finally got nice here...bummer i know!..Anyway, I bought a new surf board to try this wakesurfing and this weekend I plan on going everyday and mastering this! Ha....anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any advice or help to offer. The boat seems to kick up a monster wake as is, probably because of the massive fuel tank!....I have 2 200 pound fat sacks also, should I put them both on the same side beside the motor?...and if I have a crew on, stack them on the same side also?....I have not had a chance to play with making a wake yet. I am assuming this will just build a big wake on whatever side I stack all the weight?...is this correct? And as for speed..I think that depends on the day, but somewhere around 8mph seemed to look good to me. I guess you just set the PP to the speed that keeps the nicest wave without it breaking on the top?.......
Thanks! There will be pics on Monday for sure!! Ha

Jeff d
06-29-2011, 10:51 AM
I have the same boat and surf on occasion but not regularly (I prefer wakeboarding). I use a lot more weight though. About 850 lbs in the port side engine compartment, 280 lbs on the port side on the floor in the corner and about 300 lbs in the bow (650 lb integrated bow sac 1/2 full).

I set the Perfect Pass (GPS) at 10 MPH and that works pretty well.

I wouldn't refer to the above setup as "dialed in" but definitely functional. Haven't done enough surfing to figure out what's totally ideal.

Jeff d
06-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Oh and I always keep the 61 gallon fuel tank topped off because I want the extra weight and it's supposedly better for the fuel pump.

My wakeboarding setup is 1,700 lbs in the engine compartments, 450ish in the ski locker and 550ish in the bow. The wake is pretty nice with that setup.

Here's some pics of the ballast system I just installed:
https://picasaweb.google.com/114167855439766620424/Ballast?authkey=Gv1sRgCISU_smm9bKfpwE&feat=directlink

Tuna Cowboy
06-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Wow!! That is a sick setup!!! That must make some wake!!! I have full intentions of doing the exact same as what you have done! It will however been not in my plans this summer. It is my first summer with the boat...or any boat...so I am just going to get used to it first...plus having a kid right away! But that kid is gonna need a ballast system like that!!! Hahaha.......I'm gonna add you as a friend on here and may look to you for some advise in the future....thanks for the reply and pictures...I may pick away at it too....get some wires ran and whatnot. I'm an electrician so I do enjoy these kinds of things.

Tuna Cowboy
06-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Are the switches a 3 way toggle? (Fill/Off/Empty)
Or do you swap the wire connection at the pump to reverse the polarity?

Jeff d
06-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Are the switches a 3 way toggle? (Fill/Off/Empty)
Or do you swap the wire connection at the pump to reverse the polarity?

They are 3 way switches. I used aerator pumps which are not reversible. I have dedicated intake pumps and dedicated drain pumps. Flip the switch up and it activates the appropriate intake pump. Flip it down and it activates the appropriate drain pump.

Tuna Cowboy
06-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Niiiice...