PDA

View Full Version : It's Alive!!!

Bobby
07-25-2005, 05:17 PM
So my dad and I are out trying to figure out what could possibly be done to save the boat. The idea of changing the plugs brings in interest so we do that, and since the marvel mystery oil has allowed for better cranking speeds- we figured, why not?? Can't screw up the motor any more than it is so it's worth a shot. Also, when I put the impeller housing back in, I missed a pulley with the belt :o Chalk that up in my bonehead moves scoreboard. Anyway, we took care of that, put in some starting fluid and cranked it over. After a little sputtering, it roared to life and ran at 160 degrees with no smoking from the exhaust :banana: We shut it off and let it cool down, went back out and it started right up with no problems. After I change the oil I will be back in business(hopefully) :woohoo: :toast:

jimmer2880
07-26-2005, 06:06 AM
SWEET! - glad it worked out for you! That marvel is some mysterious stuff, isn't it.

BriEOD
07-26-2005, 07:06 AM
Bobby...Bobby...Bobby!!

Workin' 4 Toys
07-26-2005, 10:01 AM
This is the same motor you thought you blew up, and you addes MMO and it started? Did I miss something???

Ric
07-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Uhh Bobby. I seem to remember you boasting of the hotties in your boat?????????? Time for some pics, Mr Goodwrench!!!

Leroy
07-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Good going! I'm not sure you really fixed anything yet, but glad it's running. Cheers to many more trouble free years on that engine!

Bobby
07-26-2005, 12:27 PM
This is the same motor you thought you blew up, and you addes MMO and it started? Did I miss something???

Well, the motor wouldn't crank over very fast, so my dad thought of putting marvel mystery oil in just in case there wasnt any lubrication for the pistons. When that stuff was put in there, the motor could crank a LOT faster, fast enough to put new plugs in and see if it would fire up and possibly run. After a little starting fluid for extra motivation, the motor fired up, sputtered a little bit and once the oil got into the cylinders it ran just fine :dance: . Now there is probably some damage somewhere in the motor but if it runs fine (I'll know on Thursday) I am not going to worry about it.

Aso for the hotties in the boat, I promise I'll put pics up, but I'll be the judge on whether or not you guys are ready for it.

BriEOD
07-26-2005, 02:17 PM
That still doesn't answer your question though: what caused the motor to be difficult to turn over? :confused:

bcampbe7
07-26-2005, 02:21 PM
Aso for the hotties in the boat, I promise I'll put pics up, but I'll be the judge on whether or not you guys are ready for it.

Maybe a test run through "The List" is in order...

Bobby
07-26-2005, 04:57 PM
That still doesn't answer your question though: what caused the motor to be difficult to turn over? :confused:

New starter + new cables = same problem
New starter + new cables + big a** battery = same problem
Marvel Mystery Oil + new plugs = working motor

whodathunkit? :confused:

6ballsisall
07-26-2005, 05:01 PM

Bobby you sound like a testimonial for MM! You outta send them this link and see if they'll send you some free stuff :D

In all seriousness though, I'll be interested to see how it works out long term for you!

JLeuck64
07-26-2005, 06:27 PM
It's starting (sorry no pun intended) to sound like the pistons were hurt a little bit. If you know of anyone who has a bore scope you could pull the plugs and take a look inside for any signs of scuffing on the cylinder walls.

Cloaked
07-26-2005, 07:42 PM
.....Aso for the hotties in the boat, I promise I'll put pics up, but I'll be the judge on whether or not you guys are ready for it.Oh he11 no! You post, we'll judge. That's the rules.... :D

Cloaked
07-26-2005, 07:44 PM

whodathunkit? :confused:Stop using the fiddy cent/gal. recycled sludge....

:D

Bobby
07-26-2005, 08:06 PM
I got whodathunkit from the comedian Ron White, not some talentless rapper

Bobby
07-26-2005, 08:07 PM
It's starting (sorry no pun intended) to sound like the pistons were hurt a little bit. If you know of anyone who has a bore scope you could pull the plugs and take a look inside for any signs of scuffing on the cylinder walls.

and uh, how much would a bore scope be?? that is one thing my dad doesn't have in his shop.

Cloaked
07-26-2005, 08:23 PM
I got whodathunkit from the comedian Ron White, not some talentless rapperAnd that's what really made the machine run better?? I see!! :steering:

"Fiddy" has nothing to do with a rapper... LMAO.... Dad will explain! :D :toast:

Bobby
07-26-2005, 08:49 PM
oh....ok :o

BriEOD
07-26-2005, 09:05 PM
and uh, how much would a bore scope be?? that is one thing my dad doesn't have in his shop.

Get a video probe, they are only a few grand. We used them all the time to look into suspicous packages etc. Everest VIT makes some sweet ones.

Bobby
07-27-2005, 01:00 PM
they are only a few grand.

uhhh, would a flashlight not do the trick??? :confused: :o

Workin' 4 Toys
07-27-2005, 02:49 PM
Not if you truely want to see the cylinder walls. With a flashlight you "may" see the top of the piston.

tpttool
07-27-2005, 03:13 PM

Dooker n me got new spotslight for when we go huntin at night we'll come down thar and help yu.

Ric
07-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Tool should be selling them