PDA

View Full Version : Excellent service at Charlotte Ski boats

vision
06-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Just wanted to recognize excellent customer service. Poor customer service often gets more press than good customer service.

I have an 08 X-star with an MCX that started giving a persistent check engine warning. Hooked up to a Diacom and it was the Catalytic convertor temp sensor. Called Lee at Charlotte Ski boats, on a Saturday no less, and he said he would order me new sensors on Monday. He called Indmar and found out the sensors are likely normal and the ECM needs to be reprogramed to accept the higher voltage. Known issue with this year/engine.

So Lee took the time to help me on a boat that was not purchased from him, and he received no sale (no parts needed).

That is excellent customer service. This will be remembered when we go to buy our next MC.

Thank you Lee.

KnoxX2
06-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Great job Lee. Good people.

mrhays9
06-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Since you started the thread I would to also recognize a dealer for outstanding service. American Boating Center in Knoxville saved my vacation last week. The belt on my X Star broke last week and they had my boat back on the water in less than 24 hours. Also fixed a perfect pass issue that others still have no answer for. I truely impressed with there service. Sorry for the tread jack.

agarabaghi
06-28-2011, 04:07 PM
I will thread jack you as well, and like to give props to Jim@BAWS who got me a started an a new fuel sender within 1 day. Ordered the part on Wed, shipped out Thursday, installed by friday 7pm!

He also contributes a lot to this forum.

east tx skier
06-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Agreed. Those guys at Charlotte Ski Boats are good people!

Kyle's_prostar205
06-28-2011, 04:51 PM
I'll do a threadjack as well...I will give a shout out to S&W Performance Marine who is the Mastercraft dealer here in Colorado. I have known Leif and the guys for 4-5 years and once you get to know them and see what makes S&W tick you will understand why I give them praise. Nick in service is probably one of the BEST boat mechanincs in Colorado. If it floats he can fix it! The entire delaership is great from a sales and service stand point. They are truly and boat dealer first that sells accessories second rather than others that are a accessory dealer first that sells boats second. If you are ever in the Denver area I encourage you to stop by and check them out. It is well worth your time!

-V-
04-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Not very happy with Charlotte Ski Boats as of right now, hopefully they will redeem themselves.

Found the part I need, Prop Shaft with coupler. Found it on thier website for $364.00. Called them earlier this week and talked to the parts guy about it. I searched a little more and after searching all over found that he was the cheapest.

Called this evning, and all of a sudden BAM!!!! website mysteriously changes the price to $451.84!!!! after talking to him, he stated that the prices originally on there were 2010 prices and they had to be marked up.

I left my name and number and told him that I wanted to pay the price that I read on the website before he had them changed. He is suppose to call me back with some information. We will see what happens. But really, raise the price almost $100??????

I will keep ya'll posted on the outcome.

SkiDog
04-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Just wanted to recognize excellent customer service. Poor customer service often gets more press than good customer service.

I have an 08 X-star with an MCX that started giving a persistent check engine warning. Hooked up to a Diacom and it was the Catalytic convertor temp sensor. Called Lee at Charlotte Ski boats, on a Saturday no less, and he said he would order me new sensors on Monday. He called Indmar and found out the sensors are likely normal and the ECM needs to be reprogramed to accept the higher voltage. Known issue with this year/engine.

So Lee took the time to help me on a boat that was not purchased from him, and he received no sale (no parts needed).

That is excellent customer service. This will be remembered when we go to buy our next MC.

Thank you Lee.

Lee is a great guy....................with a darn cute girlfriend!:D

mikeg205
04-19-2012, 09:37 PM
-V- so you're just going to cut the shaft at the coupling and pull the rest from the under the hull side?

-V-
04-19-2012, 09:46 PM
-V- so you're just going to cut the shaft at the coupling and pull the rest from the under the hull side?

I was told that if I can get it out, and able to press it out, that because the key was shredded in there, it would be off balance and would not run true. so because of this I am going to replace it. I was told to cut the shaft at the coupler and sand it down a little around the edges (to get rid of any metal shavings) then just pull the shaft out.

mikeg205
04-19-2012, 09:55 PM
at least it's a part that is only counted in the hundreds of dollars.... in the grand scheme of things not that much... I spent more than that refreshing my trailer... if that's any consolation...

-V-
04-19-2012, 10:10 PM
not a matter of money (has a big part though) it is more about principal. An advertised price mysteriously changes and they tell me "we'll see what we can do"? Sorry but that is not good buisness. I am going to be optimistic about it though. Everything I have read so far has been good things. Hopefully they come through with some good news. I will find out when they call me tomarrow, at least that is when he said he would call me back.

Heelgrad
04-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Lee is outstanding to do business with! My new boat purchase has been nothing but an excellent experience!! I've spent enough time over at his dealership and am amazed at the high level of work they put out. I'm proud to have such a solid dealer 5 miles from the house!!!

Heelgrad
04-19-2012, 10:17 PM
not a matter of money (has a big part though) it is more about principal. An advertised price mysteriously changes and they tell me "we'll see what we can do"? Sorry but that is not good buisness. I am going to be optimistic about it though. Everything I have read so far has been good things. Hopefully they come through with some good news. I will find out when they call me tomarrow, at least that is when he said he would call me back.

V, I'm sure that Lee will get this straightened out for you.

JohnE
04-19-2012, 10:50 PM

They probably put forth a huge effort to put the parts online in 2010. Prices went up and the website wasn't updated. Big deal. Find it someplace else and buy it there. In a perfect world the pricing would have been updated. Lee has done well by me. I bought three boats from him.

FourFourty
04-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Thank god this thread wasnt moved..... this is good info that I never would have seen :D

east tx skier
04-20-2012, 10:58 AM
They probably put forth a huge effort to put the parts online in 2010. Prices went up and the website wasn't updated. Big deal. Find it someplace else and buy it there. In a perfect world the pricing would have been updated. Lee has done well by me. I bought three boats from him.

I can understand the frustration, but JohnE is right. Name another dealership that puts the entire parts catalog online. There has been a huge price spike in the last year or so across parts and across brands. I guess that's why nobody else puts the catalog online. But I'd hate to see these guys ditch it for its being too much to keep up with the price fluctuations.

Chrisoswald
04-22-2012, 06:12 PM
if they had it in stock at the 2010 price then that means they own the item at the lower cost..if they jack the price up on an already purchased and in stock item...well then that is at the very least questionable...if they own it at the low then they should honor the price...if they have to order it and the cost has actually risen then that is another story all together...if it were me and it was a regular customer then i would honor it..but if its just some internet price shopper guy..you should be on your own..my 2 cents

-V-
04-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Just a quick update, Someone contacted me on Friday about the part. They are going to honor the first price. I paid for the part and shipping on Friday and they said it should be here by Tuesday. I was going to wait until the full deal was done prior to writing it up. I will be back to tell everyone more details when the time comes.

madcityskier
04-22-2012, 07:24 PM
That is over and above. Prices go up at any given moment. If you wanted the old price most places would have told you to buy it when you saw that price. Kudos to them. I kinda feel like flaming them was unfair, especially since they hadn't even said no yet.

Heelgrad
04-22-2012, 08:08 PM
Just a quick update, Someone contacted me on Friday about the part. They are going to honor the first price. I paid for the part and shipping on Friday and they said it should be here by Tuesday. I was going to wait until the full deal was done prior to writing it up. I will be back to tell everyone more details when the time comes.

I knew Lee would take care of the situation. I think you owe him an apology for coming on here initially criticizing his dealership before you even finalized a deal with them. Hopefully next time you'll consider your words a little differently...:confused:

-V-
04-24-2012, 10:24 AM
I knew Lee would take care of the situation. I think you owe him an apology for coming on here initially criticizing his dealership before you even finalized a deal with them. Hopefully next time you'll consider your words a little differently...:confused:

I do not know Lee, and if I offended him in some sort of way, then I opoligize to him. The original post was NOT about Lee. I am not downing Charlotte Ski Boats. I am in the process of being taken care of according to Desire at the company.

I was suprised of thier (parts department) actions after all of the good things I had read on the forum. I am glad that there are dealers like them that take care of folks.

CLTMC
04-25-2012, 12:01 AM
First of all I would like to thank Vision, KnoxX2, East TX Skier,John E, Heelgrad, Madcity Skier, for the nice comments. Our number one goal here at Charlotte Ski Boats is to provide every customer/friend with excellent customer service.
We have been going strong since we opened our doors May 28th 2010, and with the Full 2010 MasterCraft Catalog online the one decision I have been fighting with recently is to update to the 2012 MasterCraft Partís catalog and loose all of the Indmar Part#ís and the Older Recently listed NLA MasterCraft Part#ís. We sometimes have 3 sources for a part used on a MasterCraft and just because MasterCraft does not stock it does not always mean the part is not available.
MasterCraft separated from Indmar in 2011, when the companies split MasterCraft slowly started not carrying Indmar Partís and they started not stocking some of the older MasterCraft partís anymore. Our goal is to offer the most extensive MasterCraft Partís catalog and we all know there are more early model boats in service needing partís than brand new under warranty boats needing partís.
Also pricing changes contently, there were 4 price increases in lubricants last year alone. This creates a challenge in keeping partís pricing current.
Until a solution is figured out, we will add a ďPricing Subject to ChangeĒ disclaimer to our partís website to help resolve this issue.
-V- you will get what you are looking for.
Thanks for the support! Feel free to contact me anytime.
Lee Levandowski
Lee@charlotteskiboats.com

Heelgrad
04-25-2012, 01:09 AM
First of all I would like to thank Vision, KnoxX2, East TX Skier,John E, Heelgrad, Madcity Skier, for the nice comments. Our number one goal here at Charlotte Ski Boats is to provide every customer/friend with excellent customer service.
We have been going strong since we opened our doors May 28th 2010, and with the Full 2010 MasterCraft Catalog online the one decision I have been fighting with recently is to update to the 2012 MasterCraft Partís catalog and loose all of the Indmar Part#ís and the Older Recently listed NLA MasterCraft Part#ís. We sometimes have 3 sources for a part used on a MasterCraft and just because MasterCraft does not stock it does not always mean the part is not available.
MasterCraft separated from Indmar in 2011, when the companies split MasterCraft slowly started not carrying Indmar Partís and they started not stocking some of the older MasterCraft partís anymore. Our goal is to offer the most extensive MasterCraft Partís catalog and we all know there are more early model boats in service needing partís than brand new under warranty boats needing partís.
Also pricing changes contently, there were 4 price increases in lubricants last year alone. This creates a challenge in keeping partís pricing current.
Until a solution is figured out, we will add a ďPricing Subject to ChangeĒ disclaimer to our partís website to help resolve this issue.
Lee Levandowski

This is what excellent customer service is all about. Kudos to you Lee for running a stand up dealership!!

I look forward to seeing my X45 for the first time tomorrow!

-V-
04-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Lee Levandowski

Lee,

Thank you for your time. If I did offend you in any way, I apologize. I was not downing your buisness in general, it was just that after what I had read I thought I would get a little better service from your parts department. This will not stop me from doing more buisness through your company and sending buisness your way either. I thank you again and am glad that it is taken care of.

-V-

JohnE
04-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Glad it worked well for all involved. The simple disclaimer should solve the problem at hand at a small expense. Hope all is well down there Lee, we need to catch up soon.