PDA

View Full Version : Service Costs

UrbantuxTN
06-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Curious about the average costs for service, I just had my initial break in service done and it was around $331, $85 of which was for them to come to my marina. What are you guys seeing as far as fees.

Also would I lose anything by using the marina service dept?

-V-
06-28-2011, 11:58 AM
started doing my own service, it makes me learn and it a heck of a lot cheaper. A place here where i live wanted 100 just for me to bring it in for a "summer" checkup prior to me getting it summerized, then he wanted anther 300 for oil and plugs. I did it in my driveway for 60 bucks, and still have the old plugs in the moter because they are still good from last year!!

KnoxX2
06-28-2011, 12:00 PM
I have had work done with ABC and I can tell you that Ryan or his Dad are very fair. I had some work done last year that I thought would cost $300 to $400 and only paid $100. I would say that $245 for survice sounds about right for break in service.

UrbantuxTN
06-28-2011, 12:02 PM
I am not saying they aren't fair, just curious about comparisons.

-V-
06-28-2011, 12:05 PM
by the way, i have been a boat owner for less than a year, and i don't make 6 figures so i have to budget. Wife said i could buy something to play with, it was between a rat rod project, a bike or a boat. I think i made the right decision.

KnoxX2
06-28-2011, 12:09 PM
I am not saying they aren't fair, just curious about comparisons.

Sorry. I never ment for that to come across like that. What I was saying was that they are very fair in cost for service and from what I have seen from others is that they typicaly beat the cost of other dealers. :)

TxsRiverRat
06-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Summer-izing in Texas means attaching the hoses and putting in the plugs...

Both free...

Changing oil/filter, tranny oil and greasing steering cable is less than $50 DIY

MC