PDA

View Full Version : Lake Lanier (Georgia) - slalom course rules

bwill14
06-27-2011, 01:24 PM
We are renting a house on the north side of lake lanier. We are hoping to set up a portable slalom course for the week, probably Monday to Friday, when traffic will be light. Anyone know the rules / regulations? Do we have to take it down each day, etc.?

Duane D
06-27-2011, 01:29 PM
I boat on Lanier too, but I dont know if there are any rules specifically about slalom courses. There is a permanent slalom course on the south end of the lake in 5 Mile Cove as you're headed into Young Deer area. You could ask Jennie at Pull Watersports (the new pro shop in Cumming) because she lives near there and may know more me.

nleggett
07-14-2011, 03:33 PM
I don't know the rules for sure either. I know the guys at Bald Ridge take theirs down every day. They used to leave it up for weeks at a time, but one of the guys told me the DNR threatened a huge fine this year. Hey Duane - could you tell me how to find the course that you are talking about at Young Deer?

sp00ky
07-14-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm on the North end too near Nix Bridge park. Generally the Corp is not too swift when noticing issues I would take it down before the weekend though

TLR67
07-14-2011, 08:18 PM
I don't know the rules for sure either. I know the guys at Bald Ridge take theirs down every day. They used to leave it up for weeks at a time, but one of the guys told me the DNR threatened a huge fine this year. Hey Duane - could you tell me how to find the course that you are talking about at Young Deer?

Dont chance it and take it down after every use.. If the corp see's it they will take it..Otherwise the Bass Boaters will cut it up... The one in Young Deer is on the right in the second cove if I remember right.. I used to live off Chestatee Point up by Nix Bridge in the 90's... You could do anything you wanted up there then.. Hell we used to foot on the Chestatee almost to 400.. Since they developed so much especially that Chestatee Estates or whatever that part of the lake has gone to Hell... No Wake Zones ect.... Way too many Sea Doo's up there now too...

sp00ky
07-14-2011, 10:43 PM
I agree my parents have had a house off nix point rd. And before chestatee golf club chestatee and yellow river were much nicer