PDA

View Full Version : Weekend...what it's all about...

tideengineer
06-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Weekend family fun...sister-in-law learned to wakeboard...I footed three times...all around good except for my perforated ear drum!
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc392/tideengineer/goodday.jpg

madman
06-27-2011, 10:36 AM
I feel your pain, I perforated my left eardrum in 1998 for the third time and it never healed. I use doc's pro plugs to keep it protected from impacts and it keeps most of the water out of my head. Unless I go more than a couple of feet under water, then my head fills up and I can't hear for 2 weeks. Looks like you had a blast anyway!

tideengineer
06-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Had a great time....I was grounded yesterday because of my ear...sad thing was is I wasn't messin around when I hurt it, I was on someone elses wakeboard. I was outside wake looking at something on the shore when the front dipped....not paying attention and then the PAIN! What's sad is I barefooted three times that morning.....no crashes...

tideengineer
06-27-2011, 10:47 AM
definitely getting some ear plugs

madman
06-27-2011, 10:53 AM
We went out early saturday morning and the first thing my wife did was throw the keys to our truck into the boat while she was boarding the vessel. They promptly bounced off the motor box and went into the river about 10 feet deep. She has never thrown keys in before, she knows better. Every key I own was on that ring. So instead of boating we went diving. Didn't find them at that point, so we took a few runs and used our emergency key. Went home, came back sunday with the boat anchor for her, and beer for me. we dropped it where we thought the keys might be, my wife then pulled herself to the bottom with the rope over and over untill she found the keys. Took about 2 hours to find them. The coolest part of our adventure is that the electronic key for my toyota still works!!!! The dealer wanted $200 for the key and another $100 to program it. Got off lucky. Wife says she only wants 1 key with a floaty on it from now on.

madman
06-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Order doc's pro plugs, they are the best.

tideengineer
06-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Wow...good deal.

Definitely getting the plugs quickly. Thanks.

jbkriss
06-27-2011, 12:19 PM
I had a buddy of mine perforate his eardrum one day when we were boarding. He didn't really mention it until a day or two later when he had a massive headache and puss in his ear canal which had to be drained at the hospital... Sounds like fun.

kev88
06-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Well.....ROLL TIDE :D

tideengineer
06-27-2011, 12:37 PM
yep...Roll Tide...

stewvette
06-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Perforated my eardrum 2 weeks ago. Make sure you go see an ENT doc right away and get the drops so it doesn't get infected. I go back in to the doc tomorrow for my hearing test and see how it is healing. I just got my docs proplugs in the mail last week. Now I'm just waiting for the the ENT to give me the OK to ride again.

tideengineer
06-27-2011, 01:21 PM
2:45 this afternoon.....