PDA

View Full Version : Water leak thru exhaust

carlsonwa
06-27-2011, 09:20 AM
So recently I have noticed more than usual amount of water in the bilge on my 99' Sportstar after just dropping the boat in the water. So I started taking the back seat apart to look down near the rudder and exhaust and noticed a small amout of water bubbling throught the hull right where the the thick rubber hose is hose clamped to the plastic exhaust ports on the back of the boat.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww238/wayne_carlson/IMG_0303.jpg

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww238/wayne_carlson/IMG_0301.jpg

So after the weekend activities I pulled the boat out, and I unscrewed the plasic ports and loosed the hose clamps so everything can dry out. I am going to try some new hose clamps on the inside and going to appy some RTV Permatex Gasket maker on the backside of the ports before re-screwing them back in.

Anyone else ever experience a leak in this area?? Suggestions?

CMack225vrs
02-24-2014, 02:44 AM
I just found this post through a search. I have a '95 Maristar that is doing the same thing. How did your repair go? Did your plan work? I was thinking of applying silicone around the ports, both on the inside and outside, but your way might be better.

Curious to hear how it went. Thanks in advance.

Pinchas Zukerman
03-03-2014, 03:02 AM
. White smoke sometimes occurs when it is cold outside and/or when a vehicle is warming up. Continuous, thick, white smoke occurring after the car is warmed up may indicate a radiator coolant leak. The white smoke smells sweet. Also, check for a low coolant reservoir level under the hood.

madcityskier
03-08-2014, 08:11 AM
First post and you show up drunk?
Or did you mean to reply to a post from a different thread/forum?

CantRepeat
03-08-2014, 10:06 AM
. White smoke sometimes occurs when it is cold outside and/or when a vehicle is warming up. Continuous, thick, white smoke occurring after the car is warmed up may indicate a radiator coolant leak. The white smoke smells sweet. Also, check for a low coolant reservoir level under the hood.

You spammers are pretty creative these days.

mikeg205
03-08-2014, 10:09 AM
You spammers are pretty creative these days.

On the radar... for this one.

CantRepeat
03-08-2014, 01:41 PM
On the radar... for this one.

He's definitely a sig spammer. His bio/reg page is just rambled letters.