PDA

View Full Version : Electrical issues

emsfltops
06-26-2011, 10:14 PM
I have a 2008 X-2. Since I've put the boat back in the water this year, I've been having some electrical issues...equipment hooked up to the 12v outlets stop working, sound system sounds awfull, both inside and tower, when I turn on the battery power and the key ignition key is off, the VDIG flashes as well as the interior lights (that I can see) and the ballast pumps are acting up as well. I suspect I have hooked up something wrong on the batteries, but I have no idea what. None of those issues were present when I winterized the boat last year. I've read some great threads on this site and lots of help. If I could get pics of your batteries hook ups (dual batteries), explanations, ideas, etc. I'd hate to take the boat on a 500kms trek to find out it was something simple. please forward to fltops@hotmail.com.

thanks in advance

Thrall
06-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Bad batteries? Test them. Or a bad ground connection somewhere.

robin
06-27-2011, 03:42 AM
Like Thrall says, sounds like a ground issue. Check the ground terminals on the engine block and batteries, as well as the length of ground cable for corrosion or damage.....Ive seen some crazy critter damage done to wiring.

emsfltops
06-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the info. I changed the battery and it solved all the issues. I will have the 4 yr old battery load tested.

medicmoose
06-30-2011, 07:42 PM
A wise person once told you....check your batteries! 8p