PDA

View Full Version : Power Tower problems...

Just Havin Fun
06-26-2011, 05:25 PM
I have the new power tower and it really rocks. The tower has three positions, up, half way, and down.

I just came off the lake yesterday and I was prepping the boat for the short drive home on the trailer. I disconnected the front parts of the bimini and hit the button to lower the tower, it went mid way between up and half way when the starboard side stopped moving. I tried to raise it back up and nothing. I can hear the port side try to move but stop from what I suspect is tention for the other side not moving. I don't hear any sounds of the starboard side trying to move - no sound at all.

It's a new X-25 with only 8 hrs so far, but when I called the boat dealship in just norht of Houston, they said they have a three week wait for any service this time of year. I am planning on a long weekend on the lake starting Thrusday.

Anyone know how to maybe lock the tower in the up position so we can play this next week? anyone else have any problems like this?

I have included a picture taken from the center rear of the boat, you can see the bimini frame is off from the different height levels of the tower sides.

I am a very sad panda atm.

usually JHF

Just Havin Fun
06-26-2011, 05:27 PM
wrong pic.....

bbymgr
06-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Did you purchase the boat at that dealership? If so, you have a new boat with 8 hours and they are telling you 3 weeks? That is definitely NOT 5 star service.

MasterKraftS&S
06-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Beautiful boat! Unfortunately I cannot help BUT I have been wondering HOW LONG before those fancy power drives start acting up. Hopefully just a loose wire of fuse or something. There ought to be a manual override for just this reason. That would proly be mentioned in you Owners Man. Good luck. You always have that OLD SKI Pylon in the back. Enjoy!

absolutezero
06-26-2011, 06:00 PM
OUCH. That's rough. I'd be furious if I were you... Hopefully you can get someone here to help you out. I'd probably complain a LOT more to your local dealer. I'm not sure after that big of a purchase I'd except 3 weeks. Then again, you are probably competing with a bunch of other people who have made big purchases too...

Do you have any other dealers in the area? I'd drive a few hours to get it fixed right away if I had the opportunity.

André
06-26-2011, 06:49 PM
3 weeks?
That's a nonsense when just wrote them such a big check...
What can be more urgent then servicing a brand new boat that you just sold, broken with 8 hours on it?

Brian B
06-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Agreed. Put your foot down and dont take no for an answer!

TayMC197
06-26-2011, 08:32 PM
I'd take it to the dealership and tell them to eat SH!T if they don't give you immediate service. I would scream as loud as I could and tell them how big of a piece of SH!T you have and scare the new customers off. I would definately say thats ridiculous that you get a new boat of that caliper and price and your told you'll have to wait. I don't see how MC lets the dealers do this... I would say Lawsuit... Claim the tower failure has ruined 3 weeks worth of family time thats valued at 3 million bucks worth of memories... apparently thats the way to go these days...

Sucks to hear its not working.. hope it gets straigtened out but I would definately put my foot down with the dealer...

hbomb
06-26-2011, 08:42 PM
TAYMC190.......... could not have put it better myself............
with the utmost of respect to my close friends from the US - YOU are very very patient people........ downunder, we do it a little different.........
after spending a lot of money on a toy which really is only used for a very minimal time during the year so we really do wnat to make the best of it.............. to find that the new toy is not working properly, we take it back to the dealer who tries their utmost to help....... the overwhelming theme on the posts is that YOUR dealers are more than happy top take the money but when it comes to some service........."hey buddy - get in line - we are busy this time of year" well....... that is patient because I would rip,their ears off and give one to the manufacturer as well! - THEIR dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

willyt
06-26-2011, 09:19 PM
i've seen examples of the power tower not working correctly unless the boat is running. I would try running it in the driveway or taking it to the lake and seeing if it will work there.

jdhart73
06-26-2011, 09:25 PM
My local dealer has already replaced a few of the hydraulics on these. Get a new dealer, yours sucks hard if they make you wait 3 weeks. The correct answer should have been, "we are swamped this time of year but bring it down tomorrow and we will figure out a way to work you in over the next couples of days, sorry for the inconvenience".
The above response gets you back in a few years trading for the latest greatest, the one they gave you gets them someone thinking of another brand on the next go round.

FourFourty
06-26-2011, 09:47 PM
My local dealer has already replaced a few of the hydraulics on these.

Hydraulics?? There is no hydraulics on that tower.... They are electric actuators.

This tower would be so much better with some simple lift assist cylinders on it.... Pull two lock pins, lower the tower with one hand...POOF, perfect setup IMO.

Brian B
06-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Have you checked battery voltage?

absolutezero
06-26-2011, 10:34 PM
This tower would be so much better with some simple lift assist cylinders on it.... Pull two lock pins, lower the tower with one hand...POOF, perfect setup IMO.

I was told a manual version was coming in 2012. Seems like a great idea to me.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Since your central tx look up texas ski ranch ive heard good things about their service...

jdhart73
06-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Hydraulics?? There is no hydraulics on that tower.... They are electric actuators.

Ok, my dealer has changed out a few "actuators"..........

JLowder
06-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Call Mastercraft and tell them that due to the faulty tower, you don't feel safe having people sit in the back of the boat, and you will be forced to have all 12 people in the bow.

Just Havin Fun
06-26-2011, 11:37 PM
Thank you for all the feedback!! To be fair, I left a message for the owner of the dealer an hour before they closed on Sat, because they said he was busy when I called. He didn't call back. They are closed Sun and Mon, so I will try again on Tues and have the boat at thier door step when they open on Wed. I am really interested in what the owner tells me before I cast any judgments.

I live in Cypress, so Texas Ski Ranch is a bit of a haul. I am really hoping that my dealer stands by his boats.

I did try the tower with both batteries connected, so I doubt it is the power. I didn't hear even a sound out of the starboard side after it went partially down the first time.

I find it interesting...and sad that there is not a manual / pin set up for the different levels.

Your feedback has really made me feel better about insisting on the 30 min it will take the dealer service to fix the tower or order the parts. I don't care if I can't lower the tower this weekend, I just want to use it in the up config.

As a side note, my son just HAD to be in the picture..<<grin>>

JHF

gts-20
06-27-2011, 12:53 AM
Since your central tx look up texas ski ranch ive heard good things about their service...
+1 Texas Ski Ranch is the best! We trailer our boat from Houston to TSR for all service and maint. I have my own opinions about the local dealer here in Houston that I will keep to myself for now.

Call Josh @ TSR. I promise you they will bend over backwards to get you back on the water as soon as they can. We had problems with the old Houston Mastercraft and were directed to TSR by Mastercraft themselves.

kskonn
06-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Is it Dockside? If so good luck.

Save yourself the headache, call Josh at TSR as GTS-20 said. If you want to PM your phone number I will be at TSR tomorrow and I can ask either Josh or Neal to give you a call. If you are coming from Houston I know they will do everything in their power to take care of you guys and get you back on the water.

coz
06-27-2011, 10:34 AM
A while ago I asked the the manufacturer/distributor here what happens when you lose power to this tower and this is the answer I got http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA

Guess I know why now :D

aaron.
06-27-2011, 11:31 AM
first gen technology...a headache one should avoid

sorry to hear it man, hopefully she's fixed for the holiday weekend.

MIskier
06-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Thank you for all the feedback!! To be fair, I left a message for the owner of the dealer an hour before they closed on Sat, because they said he was busy when I called. He didn't call back. They are closed Sun and Mon, so I will try again on Tues and have the boat at thier door step when they open on Wed. I am really interested in what the owner tells me before I cast any judgments.

I live in Cypress, so Texas Ski Ranch is a bit of a haul. I am really hoping that my dealer stands by his boats.

I did try the tower with both batteries connected, so I doubt it is the power. I didn't hear even a sound out of the starboard side after it went partially down the first time.

I find it interesting...and sad that there is not a manual / pin set up for the different levels.

Your feedback has really made me feel better about insisting on the 30 min it will take the dealer service to fix the tower or order the parts. I don't care if I can't lower the tower this weekend, I just want to use it in the up config.

As a side note, my son just HAD to be in the picture..<<grin>>

JHF

If the dealer route doesn't pan out contact Gere Marie the mfg. of the tower directly and get a new actuator that way. Its a two person job to swap out the actuator, but its not difficult to do.

That particular dealers behavior is beyond reprehensible though, no way you should have been told that they cant fit you in for 3 weeks to swap an actuator.

Huskie05
06-27-2011, 11:52 AM
I have the Power Tower, they put heavy duty actuators on and a small thin spacer plate on each side. Also, there is a new module software they installed. When we first got it, had troubles going down and up, never cockeyed like I am seeing in your photo. We got home late last night from the lake, had trouble putting the tower down, remembered the guys at MasterCraft saying reset the batteries from on to off back to on. We did, it worked like a champ. I hope I am not jinxing my tower, but it has been working great ever since the first changes stated above.

Good Luck….

Prostar19
06-27-2011, 12:00 PM
I'd take it to the dealership and tell them to eat SH!T if they don't give you immediate service. I would scream as loud as I could and tell them how big of a piece of SH!T you have and scare the new customers off. I would definately say thats ridiculous that you get a new boat of that caliper and price and your told you'll have to wait. I don't see how MC lets the dealers do this... I would say Lawsuit... Claim the tower failure has ruined 3 weeks worth of family time thats valued at 3 million bucks worth of memories... apparently thats the way to go these days...

Sucks to hear its not working.. hope it gets straigtened out but I would definately put my foot down with the dealer...

So you have a dealer that sells probably 60 or more MC's a year and I think they sell Natique too lets sya 50 of those. So 110 boats a year in a part time season so you have to try to hire enough service people to cover the paek season and then fire most of them during the down time.... Have you ever tried to hire service people on a part time basis? I have not but it seems like a tough task. And your going to tell them to eat $h!t...Great approach. I do agree that the dealer should provide a better answer and get the customer taken care of as quick as possible and even move him up past some of the less critical issues. But you tell me how they can take care of everyone at the same time. Someone will always have to wait at any dealership no matter how much they spent on a boat nor the brand of boat and yes so dealers are betteer than others. Scare all the customers off, put them out of business...Great idea....see how good of service you get then

GT500 MC
06-27-2011, 12:18 PM
So you have a dealer that sells probably 60 or more MC's a year and I think they sell Natique too lets sya 50 of those. So 110 boats a year in a part time season so you have to try to hire enough service people to cover the paek season and then fire most of them during the down time.... Have you ever tried to hire service people on a part time basis? I have not but it seems like a tough task. And your going to tell them to eat $h!t...Great approach. I do agree that the dealer should provide a better answer and get the customer taken care of as quick as possible and even move him up past some of the less critical issues. But you tell me how they can take care of everyone at the same time. Someone will always have to wait at any dealership no matter how much they spent on a boat nor the brand of boat and yes so dealers are betteer than others. Scare all the customers off, put them out of business...Great idea....see how good of service you get then

I agree with some of the above. However, I have hired service people on a P/T basis--not easy but doable. The dealer cannot take care of everyone at the same time, but you need to TAKE CARE OF THE CUSTOMER. If it's busy, you simply ask (or demand, we usually ask for volunteers first) who wants to work a couple of hours of OT to take care of a customer who just bought a new boat. Also explain to them that keeping this customer means YOU, the employee, maintain a paycheck because they then become repeat customers, whether it's for service, trade-in on new, etc. None of this is difficult, just Customer Service 101, but I'm amazed at how many places do not instill this in their business. Anyway, hope you don't have to wait 3 more weeks...

Prostar19
06-27-2011, 12:21 PM
I agree they do need to take care of him ASAP as they need to do all of their customers. It just amazes me how some people fly off the cliff. I think the guy with the issue is handeling this better than a lot of the posters

erkoehler
06-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Tough situation with that tower, feel Especially bad if they make it manual over ride next season. Hopefully they don't leave all the buyers from this year behind in the upgrades. That's the tough part about buying a first year release product.

GT500 MC
06-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Agree completely. I just hear 3 weeks and about blow a gasket. I can get into the dentist quicker than that.

Huskie05
06-27-2011, 12:54 PM

We bought an 2011 X55, had a couple issues. They fixed the issues, then had the same problems return that they just fixed. I got a lot farther down the line with UWS here in SLC by being level headed and cool. These people really bent over backwards to fix and fit us in, and they had a line of boats in the service department. My suggestion is build a strong relationship with the service people, they will take better care of your boat and treat it as a friends boat, as they should. my 2 cents....
Also, all issues with the boat have been fixed, tower, new LSA engine overheating issues, and a couple smaller deals. New boat, new tower, new LSA engine, just have to tweak and make small adjustments.

kskonn
06-27-2011, 01:06 PM

I understand your point, and agree that flying off the handle is rarely a good way to invoke a positive outcome. However I am basing my responses to the Mastercraft dealership that I deal with. they would never say that to me or any other customer. I also know that during peak business season their mechanics are all working 60-70 hours per week mostly Monday through saturday, whatever they have to do to take care of the customer. they are paid based on the work they do so the more they knock out the more pay they get. They really ramp up their hours the week before a holiday week because they know that people are going to start their boats and have problems from them sitting the last few months.

customers can and always will be unreasonable, but you have to have a keep your head down and plug away mentality if you are in the seasonal boat industry. Like I said I know a number of people who were told that they could not get into this particular dealership for weeks who ended up driving 4 hours to another higher volume dealership to be able to get their boats done in a matter of hours or days. I also know that on a new boat the dealership I use would have most likely made a house call to fix this issue so the customer would not have to trailer the boat to them. Just two very different levels of service in my opinion.

Viktimize
06-27-2011, 01:11 PM
I thought this was brought up before they introduced the new tower?? And I thought I remembered someone from mastercraft saying there was a manual crank on these, in the event you lose power. Obviously OP is not a power problem and is a failed actuator. But the manual crank should still work(if there is one). That would at least get it in the raised position so it is useable for now.

blakehardesty
06-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Relationships are key. My MC is 27 years old with all warranty LONG gone but I can still get my boat in ASAP because of the relationship I have with the people there. Boardship manager is a good friend and throughout the years I have made good ties with the Service manager and sales manager and it works out great for me. If I have any problems with any of my boats, I get it to them I get them and they get it in FIRST opportunity. The downside to this is I cant fly off the handle due to established friendships I have made. Pros and Cons to everything.

kskonn
06-27-2011, 01:16 PM
I thought this was brought up before they introduced the new tower?? And I thought I remembered someone from mastercraft saying there was a manual crank on these, in the event you lose power. Obviously OP is not a power problem and is a failed actuator. But the manual crank should still work(if there is one). That would at least get it in the raised position so it is useable for now.

there is no manual crank/override. A slight design whole.

bobx1
06-27-2011, 01:25 PM
......They are closed Sun and Mon, so I will try again on Tues......

Maybe they should be open on Monday during the busy season. I think I would open up on a Monday for a guy that just dropped $100K on a new boat.

my x25
06-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Very suprising that they are closed on Monday in the middle of their busy season. If you bought the boat they, these guys need to get you in and out asap. I would be sitting there waiting when they open up tomorrow morning.

TayMC197
06-27-2011, 02:20 PM

The dealer could of atleast told them to go ahead and bring the boat it. Then they look at it to determine if its a 10 min fix or more complicated. Then if its more complicated they give him an accurate time frame. But to tell him its 3 weeks to look at it when it could just be an unplugged wire? Thats when I tell them to eat it. The dealer could at least show a little initiative to correct the problem.. Also part time help isn't hard to find... Hiring a trained tech is one thing but hiring someone to take apart and prep things for the tech is cheap and a dime a dosen.

Also that kind of answer from Malibu resulted in my dad getting a brand new boat from him raising that kind of hell... He bought a 89 Malibu Skier and it had a factory defected prop they new about and it through a blade through the hull.. Malibu didn't want to warranty or fix the problem.. finally they did and the boat still vibrated like crazy... Said it was out of their hands... Dad raised hell... he had the old boat lifted off and dropped in a pile with a new 91 set on the trailer... we still have the bill of sale saying zero dollars owed...

I agree, don't raise hell if they are helping or trying to help but to blow you off with some ball park number.. its time to raise hell.

TayMC197
06-27-2011, 02:27 PM
We bought an 2011 X55, had a couple issues. They fixed the issues, then had the same problems return that they just fixed. I got a lot farther down the line with UWS here in SLC by being level headed and cool. These people really bent over backwards to fix and fit us in, and they had a line of boats in the service department. My suggestion is build a strong relationship with the service people, they will take better care of your boat and treat it as a friends boat, as they should. my 2 cents....
Also, all issues with the boat have been fixed, tower, new LSA engine overheating issues, and a couple smaller deals. New boat, new tower, new LSA engine, just have to tweak and make small adjustments.

The difference here is that they worked with you to and bent over backwards. In that case you give them the benefit of the doubt...

I have just had terrible experiences with Houston MC and I know its new owners in a new location but I still haven't heard good things... I have turned friends to other dealers to buy boats... I have had great luck with Bennetts, and Texas MC.. who have gone out of there way to at least make me feel like I was being helped as best as they could.

Huskie05
06-27-2011, 02:49 PM
The difference here is that they worked with you to and bent over backwards. In that case you give them the benefit of the doubt...

I have just had terrible experiences with Houston MC and I know its new owners in a new location but I still haven't heard good things... I have turned friends to other dealers to buy boats... I have had great luck with Bennetts, and Texas MC.. who have gone out of there way to at least make me feel like I was being helped as best as they could.

Don't get me wrong, there is a time to fly off the handle. I can handle all kinds of issues in life, crap customer service is not one, especially after dropping $100,000 + on a boat…..

vision
06-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Love the new tower concept. But as others have said, I would prefer that it cam with a tension spring with a pin that you simply removed to lower and raise. It would be almost weightless with this set up and not dependent on an electric motor.

I hope they are able to repair it soon.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-27-2011, 03:24 PM
This dealer definatly is not that interested in mastercraft as compared to their other brands they sell. nautique, formula, harris floteboat, was up there recently only had 1 mc for sale but a bunch of the other brands, that is a lot of brands for a 4 bay workshop...

erkoehler
06-27-2011, 04:00 PM
This dealer definatly is not that interested in mastercraft as compared to their other brands they sell. nautique, formula, harris floteboat, was up there recently only had 1 mc for sale but a bunch of the other brands, that is a lot of brands for a 4 bay workshop...

Its not about the size of the shop, its about the people managing the shop. We have 2 bays, can fit three boats inside. We carry Hurricane deck boats, Sweetwater/Aqua Patio/AND San Pan pontoon boats, Carolina Skiff, and Nautique.

When we're slammed with boats and need to, we work OUTSIDE!

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Now I will say that they did tell me that they are going to be trying an appointment type thing to get oil changes out quicker, but its like MC is their red headed step child brand. Its just a shame that MC can't get a good service dealer in the fourth largest city that really cares about after the sale customers. MC dealer has changed hands 3 different times that I can remember in recent history...

kskonn
06-27-2011, 06:52 PM
Now I will say that they did tell me that they are going to be trying an appointment type thing to get oil changes out quicker, but its like MC is their red headed step child brand. Its just a shame that MC can't get a good service dealer in the fourth largest city that really cares about after the sale customers. MC dealer has changed hands 3 different times that I can remember in recent history...

they don't do appointments for Oil changes? that is bread and butter stuff, they should be knocking those out one after the other, drop off in the morning pick up in the evening. I usually just wait on mine when I take it in for an oil change if I don't do it myself.

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Where are all the guys telling us how good these towers were going to be??

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Does it sway??

thatsmrmastercraft
06-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Does it sway??

Does it sway??:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

sand2snow22
06-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Do you have to unclip the bimini to raise and lower the tower? Seem like you could get into trouble if you forget to do that......

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Do you have to unclip the bimini to raise and lower the tower? Seem like you could get into trouble if you forget to do that......

I got pretty good at un-clipping those dual and triple clasps when I was single.

Huskie05
06-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Where are all the guys telling us how good these towers were going to be??

We love the tower, have had no issues since the very first update, they put a new software in the module, they upgraded the electric actuator motors. Since then, nothing wrong, working like a champ. We have been in rough water, the tower is fine. we are not professional wake boarders, so we see no issues with the performance behind the boat. I love hitting the remote down and up from the truck, getting it beside the house is much easier now. I like not having the tower mounts in front of me, clear line of sight.
Truth be told, I almost bought last years tower, but no regrets yet. I was told they can always put the older tower on the new 55, same rear mounts as the power tower, just neet to add the drill mounts to the front, swith it out.

Huskie05
06-27-2011, 08:38 PM
I got pretty good at un-clipping those dual and triple clasps when I was single.

We did not go with MasterCrafts design, we had a local shop do our bimini top, very pleased.

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2011, 08:38 PM
We love the tower, have had no issues since the very first update, they put a new software in the module, they upgraded the electric actuator motors. Since then, nothing wrong, working like a champ. We have been in rough water, the tower is fine. we are not professional wake boarders, so we see no issues with the performance behind the boat. I love hitting the remote down and up from the truck, getting it beside the house is much easier now. I like not having the tower mounts in front of me, clear line of sight.
Truth be told, I almost bought last years tower, but no regrets yet. I was told they can always put the older tower on the new 55, same rear mounts as the power tower, just neet to add the drill mounts to the front, swith it out.

That is great, always little stuff with new designs but sounds like they are working through the issues.

Huskie05
06-27-2011, 08:42 PM
That is great, always little stuff with new designs but sounds like they are working through the issues.

I think so, the tower has been a non issue. Now getting the LSA to a lower temp was a pain, but they worked that out as well. Got more water going to the engine, and changed out the design of the super charger pump, no issues since, 15 hours of hard surfing and boarding, everything is clicking now. Man does this boat get out of the hole fast. Woof!

plunk77
06-27-2011, 09:03 PM

am I the only one who got this?

hbomb
06-27-2011, 09:22 PM
single biggest advancement was the quick release in the front!!
made life so much easier!!!!!

absolutezero
06-30-2011, 12:11 AM
... I would prefer that it cam with a tension spring with a pin that you simply removed to lower and raise. It would be almost weightless with this set up and not dependent on an electric motor.

I agree. Even if I had the money, I think I'd opt for the manual version of the tower in 2012...

Huskie05
06-30-2011, 01:16 AM
am I the only one who got this?

I got it Bra, I mean Bro. It was nice to think about, but reality hit home and I am no longer allowed around the Bra...not since the incident.

emsfltops
06-30-2011, 06:13 PM
I was at the dealership earlier this week and they told me about an issue with the new power tower. Apparently there is a pressure switch in the system that prevents the tower from folding if the boat has been in "rough" waters...no fix yet from MC.

Huskie05
06-30-2011, 06:17 PM
I was at the dealership earlier this week and they told me about an issue with the new power tower. Apparently there is a pressure switch in the system that prevents the tower from folding if the boat has been in "rough" waters...no fix yet from MC.

I have not seen this, and we have hit some really rough water, it has always worked right.

Just Havin Fun
07-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Ok.....I just got back from my early return (story for another thread I will get to later) off the lake so I thought I would update the Team on the story of the Power Tower.

I had my original trouble with my Power Tower on my X-25 late Sat last week, called my dealer an hour before they closed on a very busy weekend and left a message for the owner to call me back. They were closed Sun - Mon.

Tuesday mid-morning the dealership owner called me back and said I should try and get the boat to his shop as early as I could this week so that they could try and get me back on the water for this weekend. He indicated that this was a very busy week and he was working very hard to get a lot of new boats delivered this week (like 20 something). He even offered to send a tech out to me so that they could try an initial diagnosis to get parts ordered. My boat was locked up in storage so the best I could do was get the boat to him right at 6pm (closing time) on Tues.

Good news! The Service Manager called me on Wed late morning and said that the tower needed a new actuator so he ordered two of them for overnight delivery. He did not want to replace just one of them. Since it would take a few hours to install, he was trying to get my boat out the door late Thursday.

Bad news! The Service Manager called me just after noon on Thursday and said Mastercraft Parts made a mistake and sent the parts Ground so they didn't come in by noon like he expected. Knowing that I had plans for the lake on the big weekend, they ordered new parts again for next day delivery so that I could have my boat by late Friday.

4pm on Friday, the dealership owner gave me a call and said the news was a mixed bag. The parts did come in like he expected and they were exchanged. BUT.....they also discovered that the power tower switch was shorted. The new switch was ordered but the tower would have to stay in the up position until the new switch could be replaced. Bottom line was I could use the boat and the tower in the up position.

I went to the lake Friday evening very happy with my boat in tow. The tower did great and had many hours of pulling people all over the lake Saturday, sun up to sun down! The boat did great and is every thing I expected from a dream boat and then it continued to suprise me with even more wonders.

I feel truely blessed to have found a boat that matches me, my family, and my friends so well.

My thoughts on the tower is nothing but positive. I love the look, performance pulling people around the lake, the shade it provides, and the CONCEPT of how it will lower and raise to enhance shade while on the water as well as allow for towing without taking the binimi apart. The new tower design just needs to get a few bugs out and I am ok with that process. The only thing I wish the tower had was a manual over ride locking pin system if the power fails.

My thoughts on the Dealership is also very positive. The owner was responsive and offered a couple of options to help me. He also took proactive steps to get me back on the water quickly. The service team was very nice, professional, and worked hard to get me fixed and out the door. The Service Manager really knew his stuff and as I eluded to earlier, I plan to challenge him again tomorrow with a new set of problems that had absolutely nothing to do with the boat, but low lake water and an unlucky driver!

I love my Mastercraft!

Thank you, Team, for all of your responses and helpful information.

JHF

TallRedRider
07-04-2011, 02:25 PM
I got it Bra, I mean Bro. It was nice to think about, but reality hit home and I am no longer allowed around the Bra...not since the incident.

HAHAHAHAHA!

sugardaddy
08-01-2011, 04:30 PM
I have the same boat, and sounds like the same issue with the tower. I have not tried the trick of turning the boat on, but what I have done is switched the battery on then off, and it worked. Yesterday no tricks worked when I got it home in the garage, so I put a battery charger on and it worked later. I have a call in to my dealer, as well, and am awaiting reply. Will keep you posted. This is my first post, so I hope it ends up in the correct place!

jason95gt
08-01-2011, 05:12 PM
This tower draws some power so if the system reads less than 12.8v(i believe) it will not work or be very intermittent. Throw a 10amp charger on it or is possible, start it and it should be fine.

Just Havin Fun
08-01-2011, 11:26 PM
I have about 20 hours on mine now and no further trouble with the tower. One of the really nice benefits is lowering the tower towards the end of the day so you get more shade. I also really like the look of both tower and bimini. I am really glad I got a 2011 and didn't wait for the 2012!

JHF