PDA

View Full Version : Could all these issues be related?

Mgboyd25
06-26-2011, 11:51 AM
I purchased my first Mastercraft last November so this has been my first season with the boat. I have a few issues with the boat that I was wondering if could be related to a certain module of some sort.
Issue #1- The speedometer does not work. I have a perfect pass on the other side of the dash so this has not been an issue in regards to achieving the correct speed but I would like to get it working

Issue #2- The stock depth finder does not work. I did replace the transducer with a new one but still reads "BAD" on the dash.

Issue # 3- The gas gauge reads full and doesn't really fluctuate. I can see the tank has a half of a tank but the Gauge still reads full. I'm not sure if this is a sending unit issue but I figured I would check and see if it could be related to the above issues.

The boat is a 2004 X7 if that helps any.Thanks in advance to everyone..

73blue
06-26-2011, 12:54 PM
I believe each of those work independently of the other, so as long as everything's getting power, they are probably separate issues. The gas gauge float may be stuck if it doesnt move at all. Is speedo paddlewheel or pitot? Somethings probably either stuck or loose. (At this point, you're probably thinking, "Thanks, Captain Obvious)

Brian B
06-26-2011, 02:20 PM
My tank reads full until I've used about 3/4 of the tank....... Then it reads 3/4's as I'm running out of fuel......

Mgboyd25
06-26-2011, 04:32 PM
I believe each of those work independently of the other, so as long as everything's getting power, they are probably separate issues. The gas gauge float may be stuck if it doesnt move at all. Is speedo paddlewheel or pitot? Somethings probably either stuck or loose. (At this point, you're probably thinking, "Thanks, Captain Obvious)
I think it runs off the paddlewheel, so I will have to check that out

Mgboyd25
06-26-2011, 04:35 PM
My tank reads full until I've used about 3/4 of the tank....... Then it reads 3/4's as I'm running out of fuel......

Mine does the exact same thing. I wonder why....