PDA

View Full Version : MasterCraft Trailor Brake Actuator Cap

gkjeep
06-26-2011, 11:40 AM
I have a MasterCraft 2003 trailor and my reservoir cap is not the type that you can put a cresent wrench on. I have tried to turn it loose by using the slot but I only managed to put a hole in the top. Does anyone know how to remove this type of cap it already is at the point of needing to be replaced.

Skipper
06-26-2011, 12:06 PM
On my MC trailer there are two caps. The first simply pries off with a flat blade screw driver. It protects the UFP. The second cap is actually to the reservior and also just pries off.

gkjeep
06-26-2011, 12:11 PM
I added two pictures, this is what my brake actuator looks like or what is left of it

FrankSchwab
06-26-2011, 12:58 PM
If it's like mine (looks just like it), it's a plastic doohickey that is supposed to drop into the hole in the actuator, then rotate an 1/8 of a turn or so to lock it into place.

Looks like something got in between the plastic and the metal of the actuator and locked it into place - maybe brake fluid got in there, dissolved the paint, and when it resolidified glued everything in place. It looks like you're going to have to get in there with a pair of vise grips or something and get primeval to get it out.

georgea0731
09-05-2011, 10:38 PM
http://www.pacifictrailers.com/UFP-Outer-Member-Cap-for-brake-actuator-A-60-A-75-32547/

I assume its like yours. Good luck!