PDA

View Full Version : Boat Cover

redwings0921
06-25-2011, 10:29 PM
So I just got a 99 X-star and it doesnt have a cover with it. I have a cheap generic one over it now, and if it rains water will get in where the tower poles are. I notice there are spots for buttons under the side rail. Where can I get a cover/covers that use these buttons. I want to use this while the boat is in the water so something like sharkskin is out of the question. Any other suggestions? thanks

JPK
06-25-2011, 11:32 PM
Wow a Red Wings fan in Jersey......Only thing I can say is get a custom cover.

redwings0921
06-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Wow a Red Wings fan in Jersey......Only thing I can say is get a custom cover.

From where? I havnt found anywhere that uses the buttons under the side rail.

MC4SNETS
06-26-2011, 01:45 AM
Find a local upholstery shop that does boat work. They will be glad to make a custom cover for you. A good shop will use high quality materials (Like Sunbrella) and will fit it around the tower, snap fit under the rub rail and reinforcements everywhere it touches things like windshield edges, cleats, ski pylon, etc. Won't be cheap but will be the best cover you will ever own and will last for years if you take care of it.

Be sure to include a sopport pole (or two if necessary) to let that water drain if it sits outside.

Lotsa companies out there (like Westland) that make a custom fit cover for your boat for around $700 for Sunbrella......but it won't use those snaps it will have a drawstring and will fit around your tower.

You could start there also and have a local shop modify it to snap under the rail.

redwings0921
06-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Find a local upholstery shop that does boat work. They will be glad to make a custom cover for you. A good shop will use high quality materials (Like Sunbrella) and will fit it around the tower, snap fit under the rub rail and reinforcements everywhere it touches things like windshield edges, cleats, ski pylon, etc. Won't be cheap but will be the best cover you will ever own and will last for years if you take care of it.

Be sure to include a sopport pole (or two if necessary) to let that water drain if it sits outside.

Lotsa companies out there (like Westland) that make a custom fit cover for your boat for around $700 for Sunbrella......but it won't use those snaps it will have a drawstring and will fit around your tower.

You could start there also and have a local shop modify it to snap under the rail.

Can I use a Westland while it's being stored in the water?

MC4SNETS
06-28-2011, 02:05 AM
Can I use a Westland while it's being stored in the water?

Sure. My cover covers the platform. If I covered in the water all the time I would have bought the model that does not cover the platform. If I cover in the water my cover gets wet and is in the water. The one that does not cover the platform will not be in the water.

There are a lot of different covers out there. A custom made cover by your upholstery shop will fit perfect. A westalnd cover will fit well. A cheap cover will cover the boat.....so will a tarp.

Check out these links:

http://www.skiboatcovers.com/index.html (Best)

http://www.baldmikes.com/html/sharkskin_and_sunbrella_exact_.html (Very good, great price)