PDA

View Full Version : Check engine

mrhays9
06-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Check engine keeps coming on. Dealer said the code is coming back as 61. (Fuel pump voltage too high.) I just replaced fuel pump. This is a crusader engine if anyone has ideas.

kenk
06-24-2011, 02:59 PM
have same boat 2007 xstar ss with crusader 6.0l...same problem...fuel filter clogged...replaced it and worked fine...told to always add ethanol stabilier to gas to prevent this problem...

mrhays9
06-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks so much for the reply. I will start using the stabilizer. Do you have any perfect pass problems. Was just told that I need to send my engine computer into crusader to be fitted for perfect pass. Thing is I bought the boat with perfect pass on it. It's never worked for me but could have worked for PO.

kenk
06-25-2011, 10:28 PM
My perfect pass worked perfectly until three weeks ago...turns out that the paddle wheel/temp sensor was bad...had it replaced and PP worked perfect again....sensor cost about $100...

ORX-1
06-26-2011, 01:24 AM
My service engine light keeps coming on as well, everytime is comes on I plug the batteries in for an hour or so and it stays off.... Wonder if it has a battery issue or what. Orginal batteries so this would be the third season. taking it in wednesday to see if replacing them fixes the issue, maybe do fuel filter as well. Not sure if there is a connection but the day this first happened I put two things of fuel boast in... thoughts? I think it was GTS (Red bottle)

kenk
06-26-2011, 01:20 PM
check voltage of battery after sitting for a day or two...a battery with no charge left will read 12 volts...a fully charged battery will read 12.8 bolts