PDA

View Full Version : Trick out my new(old) boat

redwings0921
06-24-2011, 02:46 PM
So I am picking up a used 99 Xstar. The engine was re-manufactured and some of the upholsterey has been done. Other than finishing the upholsterey what else should I do to this guy? The guy is giving me 2 750lb fat bags. I was thinking of getting 2 handheld pumps and using those. How difficult and expensive would it be to add an auto-ballast system.

Check pics out here- http://bit.ly/jC9431

Details as given by him-

Re-manufacured Jasper motor including long block and heads
Spark Plugs replaced
New Oil and fuel filter
New belt tensioner
New Sea Water Pump, Impeller, and bracket - $600
New intake hoses
New Steering Cable - $400
New Alternator - $150
2 New Jensen High Power 4 Channel Amplifiers
New Clarion Head Unit w/ Ipod Jack installed - $350
6 interior speakers replaced and rewired - $550
Includes wired remote (drivers side) and wireless remote
Brand new 2011 PerfectPass Stargazer Wake Edition Installed
Includes new Perfect Pass Servo motor
New Perfect Pass gauge and main board
New Swim Platform brackets - $350 (swim platform stored indoors for winter)
All ballast bag fill and empty pumps replaced
Bilge pump replaced
Front passenger seat and rear seats including sundeck all freshly upholstered - $2,500
Brand new carpet - $500
2 Brand new batteries - $200
Replaced tires on trailer last year - $400
Includes two rear ballast bags for side of motors - $200

This is my first boat, so I am new to the forum. I hope to become an active member as I use this boat and make any modifications

edit- I should also point out my budget for changes is 4k. I figure 1k will go to upholstery for the rest of the boat which leaves me with 3k, I'll be wake boarding with this. What do you guys think of getting a new prop? If so, what should I get?

kskonn
06-24-2011, 05:19 PM
was that used in saltwater or does it just have some growth on it that you need to get rid of?

oxberger
06-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Cool boat red, welcome to the board!

redwings0921
06-24-2011, 06:07 PM
was that used in saltwater or does it just have some growth on it that you need to get rid of?

Yes, the boat was used in salt water but not since the re manufactured engine. I will be using it in salt water regardless. It has closed cooling. Is there any reason to not keep it in salt water? I'll be jumping in and cleaning the bottom of it every few days. It's hard to justify a 5k lift for a 20k boat. I have seen more recent pictures and the bottom is completely cleared up.

kskonn
06-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Yes, the boat was used in salt water but not since the re manufactured engine. I will be using it in salt water regardless. It has closed cooling. Is there any reason to not keep it in salt water? I'll be jumping in and cleaning the bottom of it every few days. It's hard to justify a 5k lift for a 20k boat. I have seen more recent pictures and the bottom is completely cleared up.

to be honest I am not sure I have never had any experience with salt water. My boat saw some saltwater before I owned it and besides causing some trailer issue as well as a few issues on some other parts it has been fine. Not sure about storing it in saltwater but I am sure there are some people who will give you some good advice on this sight.

kskonn
06-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Nice looking boat by the way!