PDA

View Full Version : Cool old pics

blakehardesty
06-24-2011, 12:29 PM
A buddy of mines dad was out fishing the other morning when a couple of us were footing off the boom. We stopped and talked to him on the way in and he wouldnt stop calling us pu$$ys and we weren't quite sure why but we figured it was just his mood and went about our way. Then I got an email from him on Tuesday morning with a subject that read "Tow Bars Are For Pu$$ys" and figured out why he was cursing us. The pic with the plate is from when they pushed an outboard onto the ice and pushed it till they hit open water. It says March 11 so I assume most of the ice in to middle of the lake was gone. Cool old pics. Enjoy!

blakehardesty
06-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Last one...

Kyle
06-24-2011, 01:02 PM
How funny. That old codger is right you know. I learned long line. Then got a boom to learn tricks. Have had my boom for 4 years and used it maybe 10 times and most of the 10 were training a kid to ski. Long line all the way!!!!!

mig
06-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Good reminder that we rarely really know where someone has been or what they have experienced. Thanks for the pics, wish I had a crew like that when I was 17!

TxsRiverRat
06-24-2011, 01:12 PM
How funny. That old codger is right you know. I learned long line. Then got a boom to learn tricks. Have had my boom for 4 years and used it maybe 10 times and most of the 10 were training a kid to ski. Long line all the way!!!!!

Kyle, some of the guys in those old pics look like a few we have in our club today with the 1960s wetsuits, skis and equipment

scott023
06-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Those pics are fantastic.

Slinkyredfoot
06-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Were these pics taken on Lake Manitou back in the day? I am from Indiana and the guy in the second pic on the far left looks very familiar. Brings back old memeories.

M-Funf
06-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Great pictures...

Nice old Merc, too...

Kyle
06-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Kyle, some of the guys in those old pics look like a few we have in our club today with the 1960s wetsuits, skis and equipment

Bwahahahahahahaha What's wrong with some 60's gear??? Isn't it worth more now because it's a classic??? Or does it make you ski better???

Kyle
06-24-2011, 01:53 PM
TRR I've got a footing suit less than 10 yrs old. Padding is worn out but the suit still looks like it's in great condition. That is why I have 2 footing suits. I let beginners wear the old one. They won't know any better.....

blakehardesty
06-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Were these pics taken on Lake Manitou back in the day? I am from Indiana and the guy in the second pic on the far left looks very familiar. Brings back old memeories.

Yea, Lake Manitou in Rochester, IN

His name is Buddy Pollock. He is the same one doing the deep water start in only a swim suit.

aaron.
06-24-2011, 02:11 PM
^who needs a proctologist when you can just do that!?! lol, ouch

TxsRiverRat
06-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Bwahahahahahahaha What's wrong with some 60's gear??? Isn't it worth more now because it's a classic??? Or does it make you ski better???

TRR I've got a footing suit less than 10 yrs old. Padding is worn out but the suit still looks like it's in great condition. That is why I have 2 footing suits. I let beginners wear the old one. They won't know any better.....

LMAO, well being that it's usually lookin antique, its usually a size or two too small!