PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Xstar on a Floe lift set-up measurements

atthelake
06-24-2011, 11:28 AM

Well it's done. When I finally figure out how to attach my pics I will but for now here are the measurements for my bunk height, bunk to top of tower height and bunk width setting for my lift and boat. I hope this helps somebody with their install. I am sure all the vets know this but I thought I would throw it out there.

Bunk width- middle of runner to middle of runner 49" (works out to be 46 inside to inside or 52" outside to outside). I may pinch in the front a bit but not necessary.

Height from bunk to top of tower - 99". Quite tall towers apparently going by what the canopy install guy said. They usually have to chop off anywhere from 4-10" on the main posts for the canopies, nothing on this one.

Bunk height from main beam (clearance) - I have my back bunks at 17.5", front an inch higher (I will be raising up the front some more) This appears to give me about 1.5" total clearance bewteen my lift and prop. When I am on my lift I have about a 5-8" margin of error from overshooting the lift to running into the prop. I used the "center of balance or gravity" as just in front of my back tower brace. This put me about 1" onto the back of the bunks (I have 1" of bunk showing). I know this seems high and I could get away with ~10.5" BUT, i am new to the whole lift thing (pontoon has Sea-Legs)so better to have my margin of terror in there.

One other "measurement" I will add onto here is the height of submersion I need to have my bunks in the water so the boat glides on and off easily*.
*Yep, my first attempt required my two sons and I having to muscle the boat off the lift, not an easy task with a 4300# boat.

Huskie05
06-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Jealous! I am jealous

Jim@BAWS
06-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Just think...it will be frozen again in 30 days and you won't have to worry about it till Next June

atthelake
07-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Bahahahaha.. You know what Jim, I just read this post. I would try and come up with a good smart *ss comment, but , alas, you are correct.
Good one!