PDA

View Full Version : Why!!!

76S&S
06-24-2011, 11:03 AM
The big C has struck again in my world.

Lost my Dad to cancer last August. He was in pretty good shape up until the point he got really sick. He!!, he was splitting firewood in June at the age of 77. He lived a good life and his only regret for leaving this world, was leaving Mom and not getting to see his grandkids grow up.

We have 3 boys, twins that are 15 and one that will be 4 next month. We also have a close friend that we like to call our adopted son. Our adopted sons girlfriend was diagnosed with Leukemia last fall at age 16. It is treatable and she is a fighter. I saw her back in April for the first time in a long time and wouldn't have recognized her if it weren't for the people around her.

Yesterday, one of my twins girlfriends, who is 15, was diagnosed with cancer. Stomach is completely eaten up and also has a spot on her liver. Not sure what type of cancer yet, but surgery is apparently out since it has attacked her entire stomach. Early indications are that she has a tough road ahead of her.

None of these three individuals live within 20 miles of each other, so it's not the water or something like that.

It just leaves me asking WHY!!!

east tx skier
06-24-2011, 11:04 AM
That's awful. I'm very sorry to read it. We lost a close family friend on Monday to it. Lost my dad to it almost 21 years ago.

scott023
06-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Best wishes to those close to you and everyone else who is battling with cancer.

plunk77
06-24-2011, 11:11 AM
I've known several people with Leukemia- one a younger player on my high school football team, one a girl who goes to my school who the football team kind of adopted, and one older man who wrote articles about our football team. Thankfully they all beat it, but it certainly was not a smooth path. I would read this girl's facebook statuses about spinal taps and all other sorts of nasty stuff and you really feel helpless. all you really can do is be there for support. Not to get super spiritual but God works in mysterious ways. No one really knows why stuff like this happens, its really all about how you react to it.

DemolitionMan
06-24-2011, 11:20 AM
I am sorry to hear this. Our thought's and prayer's are with you and your family.

oxberger
06-24-2011, 11:31 AM
Cancer has wreaked havoc on my family as well. It's a horrible thing to see happen. My prayers go out to all those that have it an the families and friends affected by it.

Cmpdman
06-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Sorry to hear this new. Our thought's and prayer's are with you. My father is battling with cancer.

chawk610
06-24-2011, 12:18 PM
definately a sad deal... as to your question why??? Not sure man... there are a lot of people that think Cancer is used to keep the population down, and that it is actually totally cureable. But that is a topic for a different forum.

I lost my mom when I was 12 to it... we all experience it for sure.

Sad for all the hardships you are going through.

funk
06-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Sorry to hear this and my prayers are with you, your family, and friends. We too have been effected by this horrible disease. Lost my mother last June(62) to ovarian and a friend(34) to testicular in July. My wifes good friend is suffering now too with pancreatic/liver with no treatment is sight. It's very painful to watch and the cases seem to be multiplying, I just pray some kind of prevention or cure for the near future.

I have also joined a walk the last few years locally to give to the support and help of the local women suffering from Ovarian and Breast Cancer in honor of my mother.
http://event.lbmmcf.org/patriciakay

Again, we'll keep the prayers flowing and hope alive!

76S&S
06-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone and I'm very sorry for those of you that have been effected by this desease.

Thrall
06-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Hang in there. I know what you're going through. Lost my dad to cancer 11yrs ago, Mom passed away 2yrs ago. Dad didn't even see his 60th birthday or any of his grandkids. Mom has only seen 2 of the 5 grandkids.
Regarding the kids with cancer, they can pull through it. My wife had Hodgkins disease when she was 15. (What is it with 15??) She was stage 4 and now has been in remission for over 20years.
Gives you a new perspective on life, like live every day to it's fullest. Keep your head up!

Ole Miss Rebels
06-24-2011, 03:43 PM
there is no answer why that i know of. all biological systems have imperfections that allow them to be targeted by bacteria, viruses, and diseases of all types. we just hope that we go through as unscathed as possible. there is no one or nothing to blame for our frailty. every thing that lives dies. that does nothing to diminish the pain it causes when we lose a loved one however. i love animals but hate to get a pet because i know one day it will die and i will be sad and cry like a baby. i am sorry for your loss. try to stay positive and enjoy yourself. my threory of life and living is that i am here to enjoy myself and take as many people along with me for the ride as i can. that is why i own a boat. i enjoy doing things with my family and friends. the boat is as much for them as it is me.

jimmies1
06-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Many cancers are treatable and some curable, Lost my Wife in 1994 at the age of 37 to one that was not treatable. The will to live and the right treatment plays a big roll. Give them support and help them research treatment. Good luck.

bigmac
06-24-2011, 05:46 PM
d... there are a lot of people that think Cancer is used to keep the population down, and that it is actually totally cureable. But that is a topic for a different forum.

Yes. The Idiot Conspiracy Theorist's Forum.

DooSPX
06-24-2011, 05:53 PM
I am so sorry to hear this... I hope they all make it through okay. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and theirs.

Jerseydave
06-24-2011, 07:49 PM
So sorry to hear about your daughter's friend....it's heartbreaking to hear when a young person has been diagnosed with cancer. My prayers go out to her and her family.

I lost my dad 10 years ago to cancer, he was tough as nails (a farmer). We even flew him to Chicago (Evanston) for an operation, which bought him some time (2 years). My 8 year old daughter never met him, and that's the hardest part.
My mom had cancer twice and beat it, she's 83 now.

To all who have lost loved ones to cancer, I feel your pain and I have to explanation why this happens to good people.