PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous Boaters!?!

MasterKraftS&S
06-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Anyone else been plagued by idiots following TOO close? Not paying attention? This guy had his 3yr Old at the helm and ALMOST hit a rider TWICE!!

02ProstarSammyD
06-23-2011, 10:32 AM
That would call for a salute and talking to

-V-
06-23-2011, 10:32 AM
when i was in Texas at Lake Austin, there used to be a bunch of idiotic boaters thinking they were stars on X-Games, it was crazy.

timvan
06-23-2011, 10:35 AM
There should be a manditory class for boaters... I cant drive a truck or motorcycle legally without a properly endorsed license

chawk610
YES... been there... had my nefew learning to ski and idiots were riding in our wake... we let them know in no uncertain terms to stand down... I was terrified he was gonna fall, and this was in a little area where people tube and ski... not in the middle of the lake.

chawk610
X2 on the license! Should definately be required.

TxsRiverRat
06-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Maybe the guy driving the boat is a 3-eventer :D

timvan
06-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Idiots are everywhere... I had a guy screaming at me to slow down because he couldnt tell the difference in a "no Ski" buoy from a "no wake" buoy

Funny thing is he was in a tow boat us without anyone in tow

Viper896
06-23-2011, 11:20 AM
There have been a few times where I have signaled my tubers / skiier to drop, and whipped my boat around to yell at the person following me.

I was out was one weekend and my skier fell, I was turning around to get her and a boat ran over my ski rope while I was turning around... I was so pissed, I boarded his boat.

chawk610
06-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Oh man... propp fowl!!! Did he pay for your rope???

thatsmrmastercraft
06-23-2011, 11:23 AM
I have had several occasions where I had to run directly at a personal watercraft that was heading for a fallen wakeboarder. The pwc operator was way too close and not paying attention to where they were going(other than my wake). Typical in many pwc operators.

Viper896
06-23-2011, 11:26 AM
I have had several occasions where I had to run directly at a personal watercraft that was heading for a fallen wakeboarder. The pwc operator was way too close and not paying attention to where they were going(other than my wake). Typical in many pwc operators.

X2 on this... and the operators look at me, like I did something wrong...

And oh yeah, he paid for my rope and gave me a case of beer.

TxsRiverRat
06-23-2011, 11:51 AM
There have been a few times where I have signaled my tubers / skiier to drop, and whipped my boat around to yell at the person following me.

I was out was one weekend and my skier fell, I was turning around to get her and a boat ran over my ski rope while I was turning around... I was so pissed, I boarded his boat.

very smart... great way to get shot...

On another note, no question, everyone loses all sense of responsibility when at the helm of a waverunner... Its like driving a mustang GT - automatic license to drive like a tool.

-V-
06-23-2011, 12:11 PM
i think what it is is that people all think that everyone should watch out for them. as in noone has respect for everyone else. lets just say that one time i actually had the water patrol pull me over because another boater narked on me, after i told him what happened, he went left me alone and went to find the other boat. As I passed his boat a little later, i seen it being towed in. Wonder what happened?

scott023
06-23-2011, 12:14 PM

Nicely done. Someone needs to make these SOB's understand the stupidity of their actions.

scott023
06-23-2011, 12:15 PM

There are too many places that rent those damn things out and don't teach the renters how to be safe on the darn things.

oldairboater
06-23-2011, 12:26 PM
You should have to pay for mine. Just what I want. Another tax to add to all my other taxes. Texas now has a mandatory boater class required for boaters born after 1992 or 93 now. They will have to pay for the class and carry a certificate. Will not make them safer ---just poorer. It will not change the way they act at the ramp. It will not correct their inattention. It will not make them more intelligent. What it will do is cost money and give enforcement something else to mess with me over.X2 on the license! Should definately be required.

oldairboater
06-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Texas also passed a law that requires spacing on the water. That should give the pwc people more attention. Tickets mean money in the coffers. Where I come from we are smart enough to pull over while maintaining speed when someone gets too close to us or make a slight course change. If my skier hits the water I throttle back and turn right then----not cruise the river. Most people see the boat but I never leave my skier in the water without the boat near. One of the reasons I bought this Mastercraft is how quick it will handle and turn around with minimal distance while slowing.

shepherd
06-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Anyone else been plagued by idiots following TOO close? Not paying attention? This guy had his 3yr Old at the helm and ALMOST hit a rider TWICE!!

Fender/bumper hanging from his port side. Bad form.

scott023
06-23-2011, 01:03 PM

It's hard to believe how many people leave fenders on when on the lake. I watched a guy (in line to launch yesterday) put 5 on each side of his Cobalt. Proceeded to make a mockery of launching the thing, then left his wife on the dock when he got her to push him out because he gave too much throttle. Then he started yelling at her (must've been her fault that he gunned it:confused::D), drove out of the marina to turn around and come back to get her. Left those 10 fenders on for the whole day on the lake.

Suppose it only makes sense, took him 35 minutes to tie them all on. :rolleyes:

plunk77
06-23-2011, 01:05 PM

hahahaha :purplaugh

thatsmrmastercraft
06-23-2011, 01:34 PM
It's hard to believe how many people leave fenders on when on the lake. I watched a guy (in line to launch yesterday) put 5 on each side of his Cobalt. Proceeded to make a mockery of launching the thing, then left his wife on the dock when he got her to push him out because he gave too much throttle. Then he started yelling at her (must've been her fault that he gunned it:confused::D), drove out of the marina to turn around and come back to get her. Left those 10 fenders on for the whole day on the lake.

It can make for some good entertainment.:popcorn:

jcb62
06-23-2011, 01:39 PM
I hate that! I cant tell you how many times I've been taking my kids tubing when teenagers or clueless adults start closely following us to use my wake to jump....right behind my kids on the tube. If they fell off, they'd get run over by the idiots. I let them have it when that crap starts. So many boaters ( and particularly jet skiers ) who have no business being on the water. And I loke Jet skis, I have one, but myself and my teens know the rules and follow them.

scott023
06-23-2011, 01:42 PM
It can make for some good entertainment.:popcorn:

No doubt about it. I felt bad for the wife though. She got bossed around by this guy, and he obviously had no idea what he was doing. 35 minutes to tie 10 fenders??? :confused:

aaron.
06-23-2011, 01:43 PM
i'm afraid my temper will get the best of me one of these days.

scott023
06-23-2011, 01:46 PM
i'm afraid my temper will get the best of me one of these days.

Mine nearly did last year. I held back and stopped at throwing a cookie at the other vessel. :D:D:D

MasterKraftS&S
06-23-2011, 01:52 PM

Hey, those come in handy - IF you're in the habit of NOT WATCHING WHERE YOU ARE GOING!!8p

scott023
06-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Hey, those come in handy - IF you're in the habit of NOT WATCHING WHERE YOU ARE GOING!!8p

Or if you don't give a rats behind about the gel coat.

MasterKraftS&S
06-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Mine nearly did last year. I held back and stopped at throwing a cookie at the other vessel. :D:D:D

Haaa! a COOKIE I love it! :worthy:

chawk610
06-23-2011, 04:12 PM
You should have to pay for mine. Just what I want. Another tax to add to all my other taxes. Texas now has a mandatory boater class required for boaters born after 1992 or 93 now. They will have to pay for the class and carry a certificate. Will not make them safer ---just poorer. It will not change the way they act at the ramp. It will not correct their inattention. It will not make them more intelligent. What it will do is cost money and give enforcement something else to mess with me over.

My point about the license is directed more at the "renters" of watercraft.. I think they are responsible for a lot of the problem. I realize that many owners are stoopid too!

pram
06-23-2011, 04:13 PM

Albertans :rolleyes:

pram
06-23-2011, 04:13 PM

peakfrean!!!!!!!!!!!!

scott023
06-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Albertans :rolleyes:

Had BC registration....

scott023
06-23-2011, 04:18 PM
peakfrean!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classic. Simply classic.:D:D:D

pram
06-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Had BC registration....

B U L L S H I T

pram
06-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Classic. Simply classic.:D:D:D

:lol:

classic moment

Thrall
06-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Had a waverunner guy darn near hit my boat broadside at Table Rock a couple years ago. Wide open water. Only boat within 1/4 mi was mine and we we're putting along and this guy is coming at a straight 90 deg angle to my starboard side. Watching him come in from 300yds out, he's not turning, I maintain course. As he gets closer, he's leading me a bit and I shut it down. Start waving at him from the boat.
He couldn't have been more than 40-50' away by teh time he saw us, swerves right around the bow.
I'm calling him every name in the book, he stops turns around and wants to fight about it, said I should have yielded to him. I WASN"T EVEN MOVING!
Tools!

WA has a licensing program now that every year it the age of requirement goes up by 5 years where in a couple more years everyone will need to have the operators card.
The test is a joke. I went through about 20% of the course online and them skipped to the exam. Passed it. Missed some questions about open water nav rules (ocean type stuff) and sailboats, like how many honks of the horn does a sailboat give when not underway in the dark or dense fog? Who cares? If I hear a horn, I'll know there's aboat there and if it's too dark or foggy to see in front of me I won't be going fast either!
Point being, it's like a drivers license. You can have a room temp IQ and still get a DL. Always going to be the idiots on the lake. I vote for paintball guns being legal for inboard tow boats only. He!!, put it in place of the orange flag requirement or something. Someone gets too close to your rider, up or down, don't wave the flag around like a dork, smack 'em with a paintball to get their attention! If they maintained proper distance you couldn't hit them, there's your proof officer the waverunner was too close!

scott023
06-23-2011, 04:39 PM
B U L L S H I T

Honest to God, it did.

Huskie05
06-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Had a waverunner guy darn near hit my boat broadside at Table Rock a couple years ago. Wide open water. Only boat within 1/4 mi was mine and we we're putting along and this guy is coming at a straight 90 deg angle to my starboard side. Watching him come in from 300yds out, he's not turning, I maintain course. As he gets closer, he's leading me a bit and I shut it down. Start waving at him from the boat.
He couldn't have been more than 40-50' away by teh time he saw us, swerves right around the bow.
I'm calling him every name in the book, he stops turns around and wants to fight about it, said I should have yielded to him. I WASN"T EVEN MOVING!
Tools!

WA has a licensing program now that every year it the age of requirement goes up by 5 years where in a couple more years everyone will need to have the operators card.
The test is a joke. I went through about 20% of the course online and them skipped to the exam. Passed it. Missed some questions about open water nav rules (ocean type stuff) and sailboats, like how many honks of the horn does a sailboat give when not underway in the dark or dense fog? Who cares? If I hear a horn, I'll know there's aboat there and if it's too dark or foggy to see in front of me I won't be going fast either!
Point being, it's like a drivers license. You can have a room temp IQ and still get a DL. Always going to be the idiots on the lake. I vote for paintball guns being legal for inboard tow boats only. He!!, put it in place of the orange flag requirement or something. Someone gets too close to your rider, up or down, don't wave the flag around like a dork, smack 'em with a paintball to get their attention! If they maintained proper distance you couldn't hit them, there's your proof officer the waverunner was too close!

I am for it as well, except we shoule be able to load up rock salt. I have had a close call or two with waverunners as well. Not all are dumb, but most lose their freaking minds when they are on them. If the rock salt does not work, then empty, load with buck shot. Kidding, or at least I am now. When you run into these idiots on the water, I could be serious. Unless you are a cop, judge, or someone that could bust me reading this, then totally kidding! :D

Huskie05
06-23-2011, 05:10 PM
:lol:

classic moment

Prambold, your picture of the clown scares the hell out of me... truly... yes, one of those people that fears clowns.:o

1redTA
06-23-2011, 05:10 PM
I was being pulled by my father one morning and could see what color eyes the idiot on the jet ski had. He and I both( me in tow ) were jumping the wake from my fathers 21' proline cuddy cabin almost on plane, that wake was sick! I told him in a normal voice, since we were so "close" , back the #u<{ off

scott023
06-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Prambold, your picture of the clown scares the hell out of me... truly... yes, one of those people that fears clowns.:o

The pic is better when it's bigger. :D

onejdgreen
06-23-2011, 05:21 PM
PWCs or Lake Lice as I refer to them are the biggest problem that I've encountered. There's been many a time that I wished I had the 30-06 or .270 high power to put a hole in the hull and sink them to the bottom of the lake. I think alot of parents at the lakes think of them as babysitters for their kids.

Huskie05
06-23-2011, 05:35 PM
The pic is better when it's bigger. :D

no!!!!! can't we just put a nice picture of a lab or small kitten instead

TxsRiverRat
06-23-2011, 05:37 PM
just hit the bikini thread - that's a good place to get your motorboat running

MasterKraftS&S
06-23-2011, 06:00 PM

Here's the Proof!:uglyhamme

TxsRiverRat
06-23-2011, 06:02 PM
i think 3 yr old is allowing his dad to drive ;)

robin
06-23-2011, 10:48 PM
very smart... great way to get shot...

On another note, no question, everyone loses all sense of responsibility when at the helm of a waverunner... Its like driving a mustang GT - automatic license to drive like a tool.

Hey! how did us Mustang GT owners get pulled into this driving like fools thread! I know you really mean Crapmaro drivers..........I drive very responsibly in the GT, the wife on the other hand......

TOO-TALL
06-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Few years ago had a boat wakesurfing out in front of us on the oppisite side of the river about 200 yards to are left.Going to pass us on are left.Comeing at us.
I was skiing dad driving.
I saw the boat and thought just hold your course we'll be fine.
Then the driver turns around with his back to the bow to watch the wakesurfer.Not being able to see he now cuts across are bow and across the river.
The rider falls I cut out next to the boat and yell "you better give your Driver some f***ing driving lesson.
He yells at me like its my fault??????????????
Some People turn there brains off on the water.

scott023
06-23-2011, 11:20 PM
no!!!!! can't we just put a nice picture of a lab or small kitten instead

No comment. Lol

scott023
06-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Here's the Proof!:uglyhamme

Need to throw a cookie at that SOB.

madman
06-24-2011, 09:56 AM
All tow boats need to have an EMP pulse weapon to discharge when jet skis/personal watercraft and boats with WALLYS at the helm get to close.(of course our electrical systems will be shielded)

CiscoStu
06-24-2011, 10:21 AM
In Canada, we are required to have a 'Pleasure Craft Operator Card', to operate ANY kind of watercraft, including PWC. Problem is, it's only a written test. One which can be done from the comfort of a friend's home, provided he follows the rules to be a test-giver.

Apparently there were complaints in recent years about how simple the test was, so for 2011 they changed it - now it's 50 questions, time limited to 90 seconds per question. You need 75% to pass, if you fail twice you have to take the course. Should make it better, but there it still no skill test or practice test...

It's mostly questions about navigation and right-of-way, but there's also maintenance, regulations, safety, etc. It's better than nothing, and with a $250 penalty for not having a card, it may mean that people will at least read the book once.

Not that it will help with idiots - NOTHING can cure that, except natural selection...!

On a side note, Smilies are back!

absolutezero
06-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Threads like this make me want to quit boating. I'm always worried my kids will get hurt by some idiot on the water. Last week I was skiing and my wife was driving. We were going through a fairly narrow section of lake when this idiot on a pontoon boat coming out of a no wake zone decides to just pull right in front of our boat. I just bailed. The guy never even seemed to notice us.

I'm lucky in that I can usually do my boating during the week or early or late on weekends when most people are off the lake, but it only takes one person to ruin a day.

JJMorris3
06-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Like any of us could quit. ;) We are so hooked on our MCs that we even spend our leisure and (don't tell, work) time collaborating about it. Let's continue to set the bar for how its done out there. It's really all we can do. That and be careful of the dopes. I wish I had a single lake full of just all of you guys.

MasterKraftS&S
06-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Threads like this make me want to quit boating. . . . but it only takes one person to ruin a day.

OR a LIFE!! BUT that's all the MORE reason to get OUT there and not Quit! We need to out number 'em :rant:! Lead by example! :uglyhamme As one of my favorite philosophers - John Belushi once said - "Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? . . the TOUGH get going! Who's with me!?! :headbang:

yah I like the smileys:D

ShawnB
06-26-2011, 09:15 PM
Two guys were drag racing on our 80 acre pond today. One in a jet boat the other in a 35 year old outboard. There's a 25 mph speed limit and they may have been running at twice that. The lake got the last laugh though and the outboard motor guy ran aground and tore off half of his motor. We offered to tow them but they declined and got towed by their jet boat buddies.

I hope they never come back.

absolutezero
06-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Two guys were drag racing on our 80 acre pond today. One in a jet boat the other in a 35 year old outboard. There's a 25 mph speed limit and they may have been running at twice that. The lake got the last laugh though and the outboard motor guy ran aground and tore off half of his motor. We offered to tow them but they declined and got towed by their jet boat buddies.

I hope they never come back.

You are nicer than me. I would have just offered to call the cops for them.

Lars
06-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Just was out skiing on the course on our lake and not 100 feet from the course was a wally on a Jetski going around in circles. So frustrating! By the time they went somewhere else I was pretty worn out on the course.

oumiller28
06-27-2011, 01:21 AM
This is the reason why I got a wetsounds amp with a PA. The PA is hooked into the tower speakers. I have only had to use it twice to wave off boats since I got it but a good "DO NOT FOLLOW ME!!! YOU ARE TOO CLOSE!!!", has worked like a charm.
I refuse to take my boat out on the weekends. The local lake gets to busy and there are sooo many damn WALLYS that come up from LA, with their just purchased deep see fishing boat. Only to drink beer and spin laps in this recreational lake (Max depth 10'). If you want a pull on the weekend from me... meet me at the dock at 0600 and be ready to go home by 10.

As for the PA, I have been known to use it to encourage/instruct my kids or first time wake boarders too. I absolutely love it and recommend it for everyone pulling skiers/boarders and even the occasional tubers.

vandit0022
06-27-2011, 02:18 AM
Today must have been drive like an a*# Hat day in Seattle. For anyone who isn't familiar with the Seattle area, the freshwater lake right near the base of the space needle is called Lake Union, and it is very crowded. The entire lake is generally a 7 knot speed limit except for one "speed lane" which is for testing boats. This lake is also where Kenmore Air flys in and out of regularly with various float planes.

Today some complete moron.........and I'm ashamed to say driving a 2004 Mastercraft X-30.........was not paying attention in any shape or form at all, and had a very large float plane coming in for landing behind him. Just completely oblivious which is hard to do on this particular lake due to the huge amount of boat and plane traffic. Just as the plane was coming in on final the MC hit the throttle hard and took off, and drove right parallel with the landing aircraft which I swear looked like it was almost on the tower of the boat. The boat driver finally saw the plane nearly on top of him and luckily the pilot saw the boat, hit the throttle and pulled back up again. Certainly everyone in that accident would have died or been seriously injured. It was unbelievable. Unfortunately there was also a sea ray driver flying WOT across the lake as well right into kayaks and what not. Just an irritating day overall there. Luckily this lake connects to both the Puget Sound and Lake Washington so we got outta there. Rant done.

plunk77
06-27-2011, 01:15 PM
This is the reason why I got a wetsounds amp with a PA. The PA is hooked into the tower speakers. I have only had to use it twice to wave off boats since I got it but a good "DO NOT FOLLOW ME!!! YOU ARE TOO CLOSE!!!", has worked like a charm.
I refuse to take my boat out on the weekends. The local lake gets to busy and there are sooo many damn WALLYS that come up from LA, with their just purchased deep see fishing boat. Only to drink beer and spin laps in this recreational lake (Max depth 10'). If you want a pull on the weekend from me... meet me at the dock at 0600 and be ready to go home by 10.

As for the PA, I have been known to use it to encourage/instruct my kids or first time wake boarders too. I absolutely love it and recommend it for everyone pulling skiers/boarders and even the occasional tubers.

can you only have the PA with the wetsounds amp? does anyone know if you could somehow hook up a PA to the stock system?

Thrall
06-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Hey Vandit, or anyone in Seattle area.
I know holiday weekends are a sh!t show most everywhere, but pulling the boat up there for the last leg of our move and WILL be out on the water this weekend. Haven't ahd it out since last Aug!
Any reccomendations where we might go that isn't a complete mad house or atleast some place to go hide with halfway decent water?
Planning on running over to Lake Sawyer at least one day, ony a 4hr window that's not no wake, but it's minuts from the house.
Also heard most lakes have fireworks shows. Never been out on hte water for the 4th fireworks. Again any reccomendations??
Thanks.

Forrest-X45
06-27-2011, 05:00 PM
I know holiday weekends are a sh!t show most everywhere, but pulling the boat up there for the last leg of our move and WILL be out on the water this weekend. Haven't ahd it out since last Aug!
Any reccomendations where we might go that isn't a complete mad house or atleast some place to go hide with halfway decent water?
Planning on running over to Lake Sawyer at least one day, ony a 4hr window that's not no wake, but it's minuts from the house.
Also heard most lakes have fireworks shows. Never been out on hte water for the 4th fireworks. Again any reccomendations??
Thanks.

It will be a mad house with the forecasted weather being nice. The big shows on the water are Gasworks/Lake Union and Elliot Bay. Elliot Bay is out as you would be in the Puget Sound but Lake Union will be very crowded with lots of drunks leaving the show. I attended a fireworks show years ago by boat, not mine, and it was crazy. The closest launch for you would be Coulon in Renton but it will be very busy. Get there early. Newport Shores just a few more miles north up 405 is supposedly less crowded and has a good rep from a good friend of mine that launches his I/O there all the time. If you are looking for a less crowded lake to enjoy the water over the weekend it will be very difficult in the Seattle area. Even Lake Tapps will be packed to the south of you. I think they have a smaller show down there, I just don't know of one on the water. Lots of homeowners have their own private shows from their docks. If you want to drive a hour I would suggest Lake Kachess up on Snoqualmie pass. I went up there a few years ago on the 4th holiday to escape the crowds and it is out enough people won't be bothered to go up there. It will be plenty high but dang cold. It was glass all day with hardy a boat, just stay in the middle of the lake and you should be fine. Lots of stumps along the shore and upper Kachess. Both of my neighbors go up there all the time in their I/O's and love it. They won't put up with the Wally's on Lk Washington and Sammamish.

oumiller28
06-27-2011, 06:18 PM
PLUNKK77
And everyone else, I apologize about the amp... its actually just an EQ... to be precise I am talking about the WS - 420 (Hmmm... pun intended??? ( yeah man I'll have the WS 420 and a bag of the snow cap)). You can find more info on it at wetsounds.com. I am sure there are other devices that can do the same thing.
So, I was thinking about this and I thought I don’t know the answer to this question, "What is the safe distance for following a skier/boarder/tuber?". So I googled it and got squat. Here is all I could find from Cal. boating safety:
"Stay well away from skiers, anglers, sail boaters or any other type of craft that may perceive your operation as annoying or dangerous to their safety." This is specifically for PWC.
So, what the hell is "well away" besides being obscure.
Other sites stated to NEVER follow another boat. I like that answer however it is not always practical. I sometimes have to follow another boarder just due the the shape of the lake and there being other boats as well. I know at what distance I am comfortable following someone but is there or should'nt there be a concrete distance rather than "well way"?
If there is please let me know.

brucemac
06-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks.

It will be a mad house with the forecasted weather being nice. The big shows on the water are Gasworks/Lake Union and Elliot Bay. Elliot Bay is out as you would be in the Puget Sound but Lake Union will be very crowded with lots of drunks leaving the show. I attended a fireworks show years ago by boat, not mine, and it was crazy. The closest launch for you would be Coulon in Renton but it will be very busy. Get there early. Newport Shores just a few more miles north up 405 is supposedly less crowded and has a good rep from a good friend of mine that launches his I/O there all the time. If you are looking for a less crowded lake to enjoy the water over the weekend it will be very difficult in the Seattle area. Even Lake Tapps will be packed to the south of you. I think they have a smaller show down there, I just don't know of one on the water. Lots of homeowners have their own private shows from their docks. If you want to drive a hour I would suggest Lake Kachess up on Snoqualmie pass. I went up there a few years ago on the 4th holiday to escape the crowds and it is out enough people won't be bothered to go up there. It will be plenty high but dang cold. It was glass all day with hardy a boat, just stay in the middle of the lake and you should be fine. Lots of stumps along the shore and upper Kachess. Both of my neighbors go up there all the time in their I/O's and love it. They won't put up with the Wally's on Lk Washington and Sammamish.

forrest is right, it's a zoo. this is the first year i'll be in town for the 4th in years and i've got ZERO interest in pulling my boat out of the garage monday. just not worth it imo. going to be a crazy weekend at the ramps for sure as it is.

GregS
06-27-2011, 07:01 PM
WE came across a few nuts this past weekend! I am sure all of the nuts and crazies will be out this coming weekend.

We go out around 7-7:30 and head in around 10:30/11.....and put the boat up for the day....too many people out not knowing what or how to drive a boat!

BE SAFE..hope all have a great weekend!

craig3972
06-27-2011, 07:06 PM
look at me I am a dangerous boater now too! http://www.globalnews.ca/Boaters+complying+with+operator+rules+Shuswap/5012236/story.html

vandit0022
06-27-2011, 07:15 PM
look at me I am a dangerous boater now too! http://www.globalnews.ca/Boaters+complying+with+operator+rules+Shuswap/5012236/story.html

I got asked if I would like a safety check this weekend at the ramp and I politely declined as I just had one. However, last year I got a mandatory safety check along with some kind of snail check on and in the hull.

vandit0022
06-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Thanks.

Yeah just to add to what they said, I have not yet been ON the water for the 4th yet in either Washington/Union. I watch every year from the shoreline and I must say watching all the nav lights scramble towards the cut immediately following the show it looks intense. I'm still undecided yet on this one. You can also do Bellevue Family 4th on the eastside of Washington but I don't know how close it is to the shore. I do SeaFair every year but thats daytime hours. Night brings a whole new element into it.

For the weekend though, my personal fav is Lake Sammamish in Issaquah. It's not nearly as choppy or crowded as Washington, there are some areas along shore that are fairly calm and the morning/evening glass is amazing, the water is warmer. Just make sure to get there early (like by 10 at the latest on this weekend) as there is limited parking and they stop letting people into the ramp area (there's only one public launch with I think 8 ramps) when the parking gets full. They put in two new docks but the rest are still old wood and rickety. CAREFUL to keep straight down the concrete block ramps as if you veer off the edge your trailer will get high centered or worse break an axle. I have a friend make sure I'm ON the ramp every time as with sun glare you can't see it sometimes. I have a big trailer and never have had an issue other than having to re-adjust once or twice on occasion.

My two cents worth.

Hoosier Bob
06-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Ha, I swear I had a thread about this at one time but it was from the PWC perspective. :D