PDA

View Full Version : July 4th Plans???

Huskie05
06-22-2011, 05:48 PM
We are headed with the boat to 1 of the 3 lakes.... Most likely Powell...
1. Lake Powell.
2. Jackson Hole (Jackson Lake, Colter Bay).
3. Lake Mead.

Role Call.....

plunk77
06-22-2011, 05:49 PM
I'll be on Norris Lake in TN (finally) looking to spend every hour on the water. probably will sleep on the dock too. its been too long

lanep82
06-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Where do you live?!

Those lakes are far apart from each other?

I will be on Lake Travis......

Huskie05
06-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Where do you live?!

Those lakes are far apart from each other?

I will be on Lake Travis......

Just outside SLC Utah.
Powell 5 hours
Mead 6 hours
Jackson 5 hours

taking a few days off, so its worth the drive.

DemolitionMan
06-22-2011, 05:53 PM
I will be on Clarks Hill.

rgardjr1
06-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Priest Lake Idaho-Keeping my fingers crossed for the weather.

RMUDBUGS
06-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Lake Claiborne in NW Louisiana. We will have a boat parade and then a pefessional fireworks display shoot from the dam.

lanep82
06-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Just outside SLC Utah.
Powell 5 hours
Mead 6 hours
Jackson 5 hours

taking a few days off, so its worth the drive.

I've never been to any of those lakes (Skiied Jackson Hole Resort this past January, however). I would really like to take a trip to one of them sometime. Just a long haul from TX

chawk610
06-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Will be at Lake Lewisville... EARLY to "steak" out our place on the beach with a grill!!!

Gofast
06-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Heading North of DFW this year. Lake Euafala, Willie Nelson is playing at the cove on Saturday, Fireworks on Sunday.

Rob

Huskie05
06-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Heading North of DFW this year. Lake Euafala, Willie Nelson is playing at the cove on Saturday, Fireworks on Sunday.

Rob

That sounds awesome!

ahhudgins
06-22-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm planning to take the 5th and 6th off as well. I'm expecting to have my two sons, a niece and nephew, and several cousins coming in at different times over the weekend. All of them will want to ski so I just worked out a deal with "Wheeler" on his bimini for my boat. I'm not sitting in the driver's seat, in the heat, for hours at a time like I did last year.

The 5th and the 6th are for me and the family to have some quiet time after the relatives have gone home. That's my plan any way.

Footin
06-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Goin to Lake Cumberland for the week.

Just Havin Fun
06-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Headed to Lake Somerville with the family for a long weekend of camping and water fun!

JHF

tex
06-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Granbury if there is enough water!

lanep82
06-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Granbury if there is enough water!

Navigate those stumps! :)

tex
06-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Navigate those stumps! :)

Grew up spending my summers there!

mtajpa
06-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Heading to Lake of the Ozark's Missouri on our annual trip a little early this year. Leaving Vegas on July 1st arriving in the Gentel Slopes Community 26 hours later. Leaving July 9th. This year taking the F350 last years Expedition trip was expensive only 9-10 mpg. If ya see us give us wave. Red and White F350 and red and white Maristar 230.

FourFourty
06-22-2011, 08:53 PM
I'll Be on Lake George NY all next week and weekend. Camping out on an island, totally detached from the outside world. Except when fueling the boat...

Slinkyredfoot
06-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Got a house full of kids and grand kids coming to the lake, I can hardly wait. Fireworks on the lake, floatilla, general fun and hyjynx, most festive time of the year if you are a laker. Cool, since there are no smilies anymore....??

fstaslp
06-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Goin to Lake Cumberland for the week.

I saw a BF200 over memorial day weekend on the state dock ramp. Was that you? I will be there as well. We are staying in a cabin at Jamestown.

brat
06-22-2011, 10:01 PM
We'll be up at Lake Greeson in south west Arkansas.

seth25
06-23-2011, 06:55 AM
Beach camping at Powell for me.

03geetee
06-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Weekend and the week after at Lake Redstone in LaValle WI and I cannot wait. Boating, fishing, drinking, grilling and fun with my family. Buddy and his wife are coming up with thier daughter as well so the ol Stars and Stripes will be busy!

JTR

76S&S
06-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Bankhead lake, starting on the 30th and staying until the 10th. Will limit water time while all of the crazies are out though.

Hanse1
06-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Camping and skiing all weekend on Lake Nokomis in northern Wisconsin. Usually 4 -8 ski boats (6 MC's) at the site. I hope the weather cooperates.

Viper896
06-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Will be at Lake Lewisville... EARLY to "steak" out our place on the beach with a grill!!!

In Texas? I'm not a huge fan of that lake. Used to go to hidden cove park a lot until I went to Texoma... now I only go to Texoma

KnoxX2
06-23-2011, 10:30 AM
We will be on Norris Lake in TN for the week.

ctjahn
06-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Will be at Autobahn Country Club (no not a member - too rich for my blood; our club is racing there) http://www.autobahncc.com/

cj

Huskie05
06-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Will be at Autobahn Country Club (no not a member - too rich for my blood; our club is racing there) http://www.autobahncc.com/

cj

Dat looks like a rich guys link.... are you racing Audi's, Jag's, or BMW's? Rich Boy.... :D

ShamrockIV
06-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Chl!!!!!!!!

oldairboater
06-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Going to be on the river enjoying the day while dodging the ignorant. Being a holiday weekend pretty sure we will get pulled over and checked at least once. Hope it is a beautiful weekend.

ctjahn
06-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Dat looks like a rich guys link.... are you racing Audi's, Jag's, or BMW's? Rich Boy.... :D

yea, right! I wish!!!. I wish I could just be a member but the fees are insane!!! Corporate membership is $112,xxx up front? Personal is $40k? (dont remember)

My racing budget is less than other guys beer budget for the weekend. I do everything myself (including motors, transmissions, fiberglass, carbon, rebuilds, repairs, aluminum, etc...)

Part of the fun is trying to beat the big dogs with 1/10 the budget... They arrive with Semi's and Prevost motorhomes not to mention all the toys. I arrive with an old pickup truck and a "small" (its relative) trailer.

Here is our web site: http://www.jahnautosport.com/ Check out the images. (Been racing with Dad since 94; Dad has been racing since 72 -my car is the 1970 Hemi Cuda Green car)...

Always looking for sponsors! (and will whore myself out for any funding!)

cj

onejdgreen
06-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Lost Island Lake in NW Iowa. Up early to ski/wakeboard/barefoot before the idiots hit the water and then "crappy beer" party... :toast:

Huskie05
06-23-2011, 06:36 PM
yea, right! I wish!!!. I wish I could just be a member but the fees are insane!!! Corporate membership is $112,xxx up front? Personal is $40k? (dont remember)

My racing budget is less than other guys beer budget for the weekend. I do everything myself (including motors, transmissions, fiberglass, carbon, rebuilds, repairs, aluminum, etc...)

Part of the fun is trying to beat the big dogs with 1/10 the budget... They arrive with Semi's and Prevost motorhomes not to mention all the toys. I arrive with an old pickup truck and a "small" (its relative) trailer.

Here is our web site: http://www.jahnautosport.com/ Check out the images. (Been racing with Dad since 94; Dad has been racing since 72 -my car is the 1970 Hemi Cuda Green car)...

cj

Very cool, very cool. I always cheer for the under dog.

Huskie05
06-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Lost Island Lake in NW Iowa. Up early to ski/wakeboard/barefoot before the idiots hit the water and then "crappy beer" party... :toast:

Nonthing wrong with PBR, as long as its cold, really cold

capnkirk52
06-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Just havin Fun: Nice boat man. I wanna trade my 07 Star for an X25 pretty bad. I like your setup.

As for 4th of July? Working. Lake the next weekend when all the vacationers are home!

ctjahn
06-23-2011, 06:53 PM

Your missing a few! (Lots of experience!!)

"Milwaukee's Best, Keystone, and Red White and Blue"

Dont get me wrong, I still drink em but prefer Bells...

Cj

X5 Owner
06-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Dont forget to hit up Pecan Lake when your on Somerville! I grew up 5 miles from there at Rocky Creek.

GoneBoatN
06-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Lake Don Pedro in Nor Cal. They shoot fireworks over the lake on the 4th. Expect clear skies, hot, and dry weather :^)

03geetee
06-23-2011, 07:52 PM

cj

That's near where I live! It's awesome....good luck bro!

JTR

ctjahn
06-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Thx 03!

I have a 2nd, a 5th and two fourths this year (I can only afford a partial season)... We will see how it goes.
cj

Just Havin Fun
06-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Pecan Lake? I am not familiar with it.... =(

Anyone else going to Somerville? I will be there this weekend and next. We might be able to share a cook out!

JHF

gatorguy
06-24-2011, 03:39 AM
Husky, just saw your x55 at the shop today. Great looking boat. Hope they get it ready for you in time for your trip.

My wife thinks our 205 is too small for our 5 kids. I was really drawn to the 55, but it was a little massive for me I think the x35 is a little more my style. My kids came out of UWS calling them MonsterCrafts.

UrbantuxTN
06-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Hitting Rockin the Docks at Lenoir City Park (Ft. Loudon Dam) on July 2nd and hopefully spending the rest of the weekend hanging at Prater Flats.

madman
06-24-2011, 10:37 AM
I'll be at Green Peter Reservoir, near Sweet Home Oregon. Taking boat up this wednsday to play till friday, then leaving it in the water while I go to the Portland Blues Festival for the weekend. Then a quick stop to pick up 2 kegs of Rogue ale monday morning the 4th on the way back up to the lake for a 4 day party to celebrate my 50th day on earth. Anyone in the area feel free to come on up and have a blast.

blakehardesty
06-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Lake Manitou all weekend. I love vacationing at home. Watersports in the AM. Pontoon for the PM. I took June 30th and July 1 off to extend the weekend.

Huskie05
06-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Husky, just saw your x55 at the shop today. Great looking boat. Hope they get it ready for you in time for your trip.

My wife thinks our 205 is too small for our 5 kids. I was really drawn to the 55, but it was a little massive for me I think the x35 is a little more my style. My kids came out of UWS calling them MonsterCrafts.

Thanks Gator. We love the boat, I think they will have the axle ready. The surf wake on the 55 is great, we have been loving it. Couple trips to mead and one to Powell so far. I really like te x35. Have Brett or Corey take you to Utah Lake, test drive the 55, it does not feel so huge in the water.

SS LS1
06-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Lake Manitou all weekend. I love vacationing at home. Watersports in the AM. Pontoon for the PM. I took June 30th and July 1 off to extend the weekend.

Ah, sounds nice. My wife and I have the MC and my folks on the same lake have the pontoon so we will be doing the same thing I think.

I can feel the pain and frustration of others when dealing with weekend wallies and jet skiers tearing up the lake as we grew up on a public lake. Luckily now we are on a small private lake with a gate to the boat launch so only property owners can use the lake. It keeps it sane out there on a holiday weekend. The best part (and one of the reasons we built there) is that there are no jet skis allowed on the lake which makes for a much better boating experience for all. :D

But for the 4th we are having our 3rd annual 4th of July party with the Western Michigan Camaro Club members at the lake. Last 2 years we have had about 30 people hanging out for the day just relaxing and enjoying the fireworks. Always neat to see 20+Camaros parked in the side yard. :cool: Plus it always leads to some smokey burn outs when they leave. :steering:

BoulderX45
06-24-2011, 04:43 PM
If we get some decent weather in the Pacific Northwest (West of the mountains) we will be on Lake Tapps.

blakehardesty
06-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Ah, sounds nice. My wife and I have the MC and my folks on the same lake have the pontoon so we will be doing the same thing I think.

I can feel the pain and frustration of others when dealing with weekend wallies and jet skiers tearing up the lake as we grew up on a public lake. Luckily now we are on a small private lake with a gate to the boat launch so only property owners can use the lake. It keeps it sane out there on a holiday weekend. The best part (and one of the reasons we built there) is that there are no jet skis allowed on the lake which makes for a much better boating experience for all. :D

But for the 4th we are having our 3rd annual 4th of July party with the Western Michigan Camaro Club members at the lake. Last 2 years we have had about 30 people hanging out for the day just relaxing and enjoying the fireworks. Always neat to see 20+Camaros parked in the side yard. :cool: Plus it always leads to some smokey burn outs when they leave. :steering:

I might fit in there.

2RLAKE
06-24-2011, 05:13 PM
I'll be on Norris Lake in TN (finally) looking to spend every hour on the water. probably will sleep on the dock too. its been too long

can't wait to have you back down ... we will have an official beer together!

Ohhhh .... it was Plunk77's 21st birthday two weeks ago!

Huskie05
06-24-2011, 05:17 PM

Boat is done and in the driveway, thinking about Deer Creek this weekend. Get the kids all cold and once we hit Powell next week they will love the water temp. I thnk Deer Creek will be upper 50's low 60's water temp.

Forrest-X45
06-24-2011, 06:26 PM
No boating for us this year. Taking the family to Disneyland for the week, kids are pretty excited.

CruisinGA
06-25-2011, 06:51 AM
Lake Blue Ridge, GA

Traditional tube trip down the Toccoa, BBQ and karaoke with all the neighbors, fireworks on the dam and maybe even a little boat time.

Jerseydave
06-25-2011, 09:31 AM
June 27-28- Josh Palma is coming here to coach 10 of my friends behind my X-star.

July 1st- I'm taking my son & 9 of his friends out wakeboarding (most of them just graduated from high school)

July 2nd- another day of wakeboarding with my friends this time

July 4th- family picnic at my house

A busy week coming up!

rjracin240
06-25-2011, 02:07 PM

cj

Right there with you on the racing scene, gotta get that Race Face On once in a while! Nice looking rides on youur web site

rjracin240
06-25-2011, 02:16 PM
got my daughter and son flying in from Puerto Rico on Saturday into Orlando at 6 in the morning, then off to Daytona for the race, then home and all day Sunday on the lake, have one neighbor getting a live band and another neighbor has fireworks that last a crazy long time.

On the 4th will go to the little town next to mine (Middleburg) and watch their 4th of July parade, definitely what America is all about, good people participating in a parade paying tribute to what America was founded on.

Hope everyone has a great fourth and be safe!

davidstan
06-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Lake Wedowee in Ala!

X45fun
06-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Lake Havafew, I mean Haveascrew I mean Havasu (whew):D

Iskidaily
06-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Lake Gaston. Check out the new stereo when we get there, then new board for my daughter (her first) on Friday, then Fireworks Saturday. Can't wait to see my 14 yo son give lessons to his little sister!

X5 Owner
06-26-2011, 02:21 PM

Anyone else going to Somerville? I will be there this weekend and next. We might be able to share a cook out!

JHF

Yea dude its a nice little cove on somerville. Its where people anchor their boats and party. early in the morning or evening its a nice ski/wakeboard cove. Where are you putting in at and i can give you direction from there! Have Fun!

Just Havin Fun
06-26-2011, 05:01 PM
I put in at Overlook Park on Somerville and head out from there normally. Camping at Birch Creek starting this Thursday thru Monday. There is a little island close to Birch where peeps teather and hang, even more now that the lower water line makes a nice beach. Is this that what you are talking about?

TayMC197
06-26-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm leaving out Thursday morning for Brunswick, Ga to deliver the good ol' 190... Spending the weekend then headed Monday to Atlanta to pick up my newer 197... Here I come SkiDog

aarosurf
06-27-2011, 01:40 AM

JHF

I've been going to Lake Bryan pretty much every weekend since I got my boat. How is Somerville? I assumed there were a lot of submerged stumps and shallow areas. I should probably talk to you about things to watch out for before I head out there.

oumiller28
06-27-2011, 01:53 AM
What am I doing for the 4th??? $#!% I would like to know too!!
Either I will be camping at the lake with a bunch of friends.... or pulling the boat up to Sac and hanging with the wifes family. The boat will be going no matter what so I really cant go wrong.

onejdgreen
06-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Lake Havafew, I mean Haveascrew I mean Havasu (whew):D

HA!!!:purplaugh

norris_ps205
06-27-2011, 11:12 AM
We'll be at Norris in TN having a beer (or few) and watching fireworks with 2RLake, Plunk77, and the rest of the neighborhood.

tideengineer
06-27-2011, 11:21 AM
In Destin from 1st til morning of the 4th....checking out and driving stright to the lake for boating and fireworks!

tex
06-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Plans have been changed-Granbury is down so low that we can't get in our canal. Quit pulling water out of our lake!!!!

Brian B
06-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Navajo Reservoir in Colorado! Taking my son and my dad and Colorado friends!

2RLAKE
06-27-2011, 10:05 PM
We'll be at Norris in TN having a beer (or few) and watching fireworks with 2RLake, Plunk77, and the rest of the neighborhood.

... without the waverunner ....

norris_ps205
06-28-2011, 09:52 AM
... without the waverunner ....

goes without saying. but I will have some bottle rockets to launch out of my hand.

2RLAKE
06-30-2011, 08:01 PM
... new plans for me ... heading to Qatar tomorrow for work

do you think they celebrate the 4th as well???

Happy 4th of July everyone