PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Rankin Boat cover?

Tuna Cowboy
06-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Hey guys, anyone here have a Rankin boat cover? I'm sure a few do...I just have a question...I read on here about some covers staining boats and whatnot...I leave my boat stored outdoors all summer (first summer with boat)...its a maristar 230...I put the 2 covers on it that snap all the way around, and then I put the big Rankin cover on it...I dunno, I feel it covers more, so it should help protect the boat more from the sun/rain...but then I read on here where some covers where staining the cushions and seats on the boat...I surly don't want to get caught up in that mess..I have been keeping an eye on it and it seems to be fine. It also hasn't even got hot here yet (Alberta, Canada)....so anyone with some experience in this please feel free to pass some advice on...thanks a lot guys!!

east tx skier
06-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Should be fine. They are sunbrella. No longer in business though.

Hollywood
06-22-2011, 09:42 AM
You are trapping in the moisture by using both covers, simply use the outer Rankin.

davomaddo
06-24-2011, 01:00 AM
I live by Seattle WA - lots of Rain. The Rankin cover works great. Never had a problem with staining. I wouldn't bother putting 2 covers on - at least not every single time. I actually had a Rankin cover on my last boat too - so about 8 years with them now. I did hear they went out of business. That is a bummer - they made excellent covers.