PDA

View Full Version : Best vinyl cleaning and protection products?

morphis
06-21-2011, 11:44 AM
I am sure this topic has been beaten to death here but I don’t see too much in the appearance forum about it. Please forgive me if this has been repeated too often. But, what is the best product for cleaning my vinyl without using bleach that could eat up the threads holding it all together? Some of the spray on sun screens have really stained up my boat and my bimini is starting to get a little mildew on it. I have tried a number of ‘no bleach’ products at this point and the vinyl just isn’t coming clean. Even magic erasers are not really doing the trick for the stains that the sun block has left behind…

rjracin240
06-21-2011, 01:15 PM
That little icon at the top worked wonders when I clicked on it and typed in Vinyl cleaners POW out came all these hits of threads where this subject has been beaten to death!!!

But nothing like kicking a dead horse.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/search.php?searchid=3737619

Trig2275
06-21-2011, 01:28 PM
I like vinylex by lexol.

HDAVIS
06-26-2011, 05:29 PM
I use Fantask as a cleaner, then hit it with lots of 303 for UV protection.

MasterKraftS&S
06-26-2011, 07:34 PM
That little icon at the top worked wonders when I clicked on it and typed in Vinyl cleaners POW out came all these hits of threads where this subject has been beaten to death!!!

Like your point BUT When you click that link it says - NO Matches! just sayin'

bret
06-27-2011, 08:17 AM
Most cleaners, household, need to be watered down; 409, Fantastik. Water downed Wesley Bleach white and Castrol Super Clean work well but immediately wipe down with water soaked rag and dry - this is for the thread in the stitches, not the vinyl. Hard spots - toothpaste, Foaming Scrubbing bubbles - soft brush, again water wipe down and dry.

Vinylex by Lexol is all that I use on my interior(s) period. It actually penetrates and keeps the vinyl soft. Very light sheen and will also clean some minor imperfections.

http://gallery.rennlist.com/albums/Ski/IMGP0008.jpg

cf_koch
06-27-2011, 08:39 AM
I use 303 vinal and carpet cleaner and 303 protectant.

Thrall
06-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Ck out the "cover stains...?" thread in the genreal section.
Malco Leather and Plastic cleaner works awesome. It's not cheap, but it's not needed for everyday cleaning either. Also not supposed to be harmful to the vinyl or threads.
By accident I found that liquid wax (like Meguirs or whatever for your paint/gel) will take out stainsquite well if you jsut pour some on and let it sit. I spilled some on the vinyl and didn't see it. Wiped it off after it had already dried and those were the cleanest spots on the seats! Tried using it sparingly and wiping it on a larger area, did not work.

rhythm720
06-27-2011, 06:51 PM
The best stuff I have found is to use Spray Nine Marine and some Spot Shot Carpet Cleaner and use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on my vinyl. I spray both of them on together and use the magic eraser to scrub and wipe it off with a towel. I swear it works and I have 200 hours and my boat looks brand new. Even the guys at Mastercraft ask me how I keep it so clean.

73blue
06-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Ck out the "cover stains...?" thread in the genreal section.
Malco Leather and Plastic cleaner works awesome. It's not cheap, but it's not needed for everyday cleaning either. Also not supposed to be harmful to the vinyl or threads.

"Totally Awesome" from the dollar store is very similiar to Malco (I've used both, can't tell a difference) and it is cheap. Follow with 303

91.Maristar.240
06-28-2011, 01:14 AM
to restore old brittle interior buy a brush like those 3"X6" ones wood with white bristles.
and a huge tub of orange hand cleaner "the kind that's fluffy you scoop out with your hand"

the pumice in it will scrub the old interior and brighten it like color safe bleach i swear.
the lanolin in it turns it from hard and brittle to soft and supple.

if your interior just needs a good deep clean it will work good for that as well it really is amazing how it softens it up.

morphis
06-28-2011, 04:52 PM

I did try the search before posting this and got back no results. It is entirely possible that the issue was between the keyboard and chair though so, I do appreciate you guys humoring me on this. Thanks for all the replies as I will be trying them out this up coming week. :)