PDA

View Full Version : B.I.G Issues

jstewart319
06-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Iím having issues with the B.I.G. on my 2010 X25. When I go to the user list screen and select LIST to select one of the user profiles the screen locks up and then just restarts. Turning off the stereo and the B.I.G. but the engine still runs. Anyone have any ideas I have no problems with taking it to the dealer except he is 4 hours away and Iím getting ready to head out on a 3 week vacation with the boat.

X45fun
06-21-2011, 06:15 PM
The only thing I can add is that I have a new 2010 x45 and it has shut down on me twice. Screen went blue. Once I cant figure out why. The other time it happened as soon as I flipped the ballast tank switch. Very odd but might be from noise created or something. Of course when looked at by the dealer they could not re-produce so no resolution at this time.

Desert eagle
06-21-2011, 09:30 PM
I have a 2011 X25 and I'm having problems with the perfect pass settings on the B.I.G. I had to do a default rest for the PP, seems like to me the computer is just that "a computer on water" I called the dealer and they don't have a whole lot of advice for me as well. So if you find out anything let me know because I would like to know how you get your problem solved, and I will do the same.

X45fun
06-21-2011, 11:57 PM
What worries me is that I only have 11 hours on my boat and it has happened twice :confused:

erkoehler
06-22-2011, 12:34 AM
Voltage drop triggering a reboot when ballast cycles???

X45fun
06-22-2011, 12:42 AM
I thought the same thing but the boat was running. Would not expect a voltage drop to to this. If so there is a design problem.

X45fun
06-22-2011, 12:45 AM
Anyone else with blue screens on the new B.I.G???

GoneBoatN
06-22-2011, 03:12 AM
No Blue Screen but I've had some wierd stuff happeining. I have a rider setting that has 50% for the KGB tank; other tanks set to 0%. When I select that rider it fills the KGB tank to 100%.

I manually change the KGB tank back to 50% and do a "Save Current". Works fine until I go to another rider and come back. Then I have the same problem again.

This past weekend I just set the tank manually. I'll try to repeat the problem again next time I go out. I spoke with the dealer and they want me to get the SW/FW version so that they can report to mastercraft to see what they recommend.

In the past I've also had weird stuff happen when I created a rider by edited a text file and imported it. It's been a while so I forget what exactly it was that it did, but the problem went away when I reset to defaults and only created riders via the BIG itself.

GoneBoatN
06-22-2011, 03:17 AM
Now that I read jstewart319's first post, that was exactly the problem I had after I imported a rider via editing riders.txt file. If you did this then try resetting to default and then only creating riders via the BIG. See if that fixes the problem.

jstewart319
06-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Well I reset to default and it seems to be working now and I will wait and see how long it lasts. Thanks for the help one less thing to worry about during my vacation to Nebraska now all I got to do is prep for the long drive.

hragsarkissian
08-01-2011, 07:39 AM
just got a blue screen yesterday on the water. Wasn't able to bring it. Will check it out today and keep you guys update. I would think it might be a loose connection with the viper box (video or power).

hragsarkissian
08-09-2011, 02:54 AM
Help! my dealer has been backed up for weeks. I'd like to get my display fixed before the weekend. Anyone have any idea what the problem might be? I've had a blue screen for 2 weeks now, so that means no rider settings, no ballast, no zero off...

hragsarkissian
09-12-2011, 06:04 AM
Dealer replaced the viper unit and now things are working fine. Although weird thing happens: whenever i turn on my navigation lights, the BIG screen starts to flicker and eventually disappears. When i turn them off, the screen comes back on.

any ideas?

willyt
09-12-2011, 01:15 PM
check your voltage before turning on the lights: try putting the boat in neutral and reving to to 1500 rpm then turn on the lights... that'd eliminate the voltage drop from consideration.

if that doesnt work i'd say you got some crossed wires...

gerbzguy
09-12-2011, 09:42 PM
my 2011 X-45 BIG has had a few issues but nothing major. My port-side ballast gauge was not on the picture when I first picked it up. After a few cycles and filling it up to ride, it appeared. It has since left me again and no sign of it coming back up... I haven't had the blue screen unless I switch to the media option, but that's just because I dont have anything hooked up to the input. My Perfect Pass had an issue with speed control. It would not stop at the set speed, but it only happened twice on the same day. I'm sure what the deal was, but it has been good ever since.