PDA

View Full Version : Travel Assistance

dihrdskir
06-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Hi team. I hope to travel to Southern California next month. My plans take me to Lake Elsinore but what I have read on this forum and elsewhere is hardly what could be described as a glowing endorsement of the place. I have read everything from green smelly water to the 'crack head capital of the world'. I do not intend to offend anybody, just repeated how others have described the area. I was hoping to do a little business and perhaps do a little skiing in my downtime, so any feedback , good, bad or indifferent would be appreciated.

CantRepeat
06-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Hi team. I hope to travel to Southern California next month. My plans take me to Lake Elsinore but what I have read on this forum and elsewhere is hardly what could be described as a glowing endorsement of the place. I have read everything from green smelly water to the 'crack head capital of the world'. I do not intend to offend anybody, just repeated how others have described the area. I was hoping to do a little business and perhaps do a little skiing in my downtime, so any feedback , good, bad or indifferent would be appreciated.

The lake is gross and smelly. It seems like there's dead fish everywhere. As for the locals I can't speak of them. I lived in Riverside for a while and went Elisnore a few times. The good news is there were very few people on the water so if you want to do some footing you'd be ok.

I'll add that I've not been there in 20 years.

dihrdskir
06-20-2011, 10:29 PM
It's looking like a quick visit is on the cards. Was hoping for some down time and a bit of fun too, just doesn't seem to be the place to do it.

funk
06-21-2011, 12:33 AM
The water is green-ish, yes the city is known for having it's share of speedfreaks and I'm not talking about fast boats, all that being said it's much better today than 10-20 years ago. We do go there occasionally and have a good time. Any day on the water is a good day in my eyes. They have also put in air regulator pumps throughout the lake so you might see bubbling trails in certain areas, my first sight of this and I thought a boat had went down in front of us. I would give it a 3-4 out of 10. Early you get good water, afternoon is rough, usually very warm during summer, and there is a cove that people hang out and party. Never had a bad day there but it does have the reputation to the contrary. A little peroxide bath when you get home won't hurt either. See lots of dead fish and i would stay out of the water, i'm good with 1 or 2.

dihrdskir
06-22-2011, 02:35 AM
Thanks Funk. I was hoping for a positive perspective and things are looking up for some time on Canyon Lake, which I'm told is a pretty good option.