PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Bullards Bar Reservoir?

g-Dog
06-20-2011, 07:02 PM
We were thinking of maybe camping there this year. It's one of the few lakes around here that have boat-in only campsites...but the shoreline looks a little steep in some areas. Water looks nice though.

tph
06-20-2011, 07:52 PM
I hear Bullards Bar is Excellent. We have boat camped at nearby Elglebright and it is great as well. The Boston Bar area has the best beach. But, it's First come/First served so we used to get there Sunday afternoon and wait for people to leave.

g-Dog
06-20-2011, 08:14 PM
I hear Bullards Bar is Excellent. We have boat camped at nearby Elglebright and it is great as well. The Boston Bar area has the best beach. But, it's First come/First served so we used to get there Sunday afternoon and wait for people to leave.

The campsites at Englebright seam to be a little more like what we're looking for...close to the water...beach like. Are all the sites first-come first-serve? Any restrooms? Would you recommend any sites or coves? Thanks.

tph
06-20-2011, 09:51 PM
It's been a long time since we've been there. The sites used to all be First come/First serve to my knowledge. Back then they had no running water and outhouses that were pumped out weekly. Some had gradual shorelines and some were somewhat steep. I think there may have also been limited RV sites but I don't think they were very near the shoreline. There was a store near the launch ramp for ice and some food items. A little primitive, but beautiful starry nights and great skiing.

madman
06-20-2011, 10:28 PM
I used to go there years ago, never did camp there, my brother owns a house overlooking rollins reservoir but they used to go to bullards bar to ski back when he was able to. It is one of the best lakes in the area for skiing for sure.

auburn buck
06-21-2011, 11:37 AM
There are two separate boat-in camping facilities. The other camp sites vary:; some permit tents only and others permit trailer/RV's. Boat launching is great and the water is usually warm. Plenty of places to pull on shore during day to pop up a sunshade. Go online and get reservations, though...