PDA

View Full Version : Mastercraft dealer Fort Worth

chawk610
06-20-2011, 08:34 AM
I have lived near this dealership for over 5 years in Fort Worth, TX. The dealership has about 10 boats out there at all times... baking in the Texas sun. This seems weird to me as the teak decks are faded... and you can see sun damage to some of the exposed areas of the gel coat. Seems to me these boats would be stored OUT of the hot Texas sun. I can't see paying top dollar to have to do some restoration as soon as I get it home!!!!!! Is this done at your local dealer as well???

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-20-2011, 10:11 AM
You should go around back behind the lumber store that is where they store the other boats on a old tennis court

chawk610
06-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Yea... seen it... just thinking they should be covered under an awning or something... not wanting to pay top dollar for something that kinda looks used.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-20-2011, 10:21 AM
And yes the old houston mastercraft did the same thing gravel, dirt lot, 2 bay workshop small pro store, guess thats why they went under. Nautique boat dealer took over mastercraft and built a new building ...

Kyle
06-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Jimmy has a fine facility over at txmc.

The shop is a few blocks away in the complex and has like 8 stalls. Lots of boats over there too.

Supositly they had a good year over there. Spring was crazy busy and Like 6 or 7 were sold at Dallas show and like 4 or 5 were sold at ft w show. Many were sold inbetween shows. The yard was full of boats at the beginning if the year so if they are low then they are prolly waiting on the '12s.

They don't sell a faded boat to a customer. They will bring in Ted to polish the boat and they also have a full detail crew there to sell the boat as a new boat bc that's what it is. Brand new.

Don't see anything wrong with Jimmys set up.
Storage for 50+ new boats and up to 50 used would be too costly for the dealer. Maybe they should put up a tarp awning like some car dealerships have.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-20-2011, 12:35 PM
I think thats what chawk was getting at, just needing an awning for most of the new boats on the lot

Kyle
06-20-2011, 12:42 PM
I think thats what chawk was getting at, just needing an awning for most of the new boats on the lot

I think that would be hard to do bc of how the lots set up. You never know with Jimmy though. You could drive by next week and everythings changed again.

Legend marine in carrolton has all of the new inventory inside a huge shop. Beautiful fountains, donzi, baja, and cigarettes, lined up. All the used is outside.

TxsRiverRat
06-20-2011, 12:54 PM

-V-
06-20-2011, 01:04 PM
The best dealership I was at when I was in texas was Texas Ski Ranch, big pro shop, good mechanics, knowledgable sales people, they moved a lot of product. The one guy I spoke to their was very helpful, and didn't pressure me. I bought a MC off of craigslist, brought it to him and he told me I got one hell of a deal. Good guys there, kid friendly as well.

TxsRiverRat
06-20-2011, 01:15 PM

HMF007
06-20-2011, 01:24 PM
From my experience TXMC is one of the best Mastercraft Dealers. That's where I bought my x-star. Their facility is awesome and they host the tour stop. Their service is amazing and honest as well as their new boat prices. My second favorite dealer is the ski ranch now that I live in Austin. As far as them leaving boats out I didn't notice any damaged by the sun. They move boats quickly. Mine was luckily still in shrink wrap from the factory when I bought it. A Buddy of mine is getting a new 2011 xstar delivered friday with the new tower and everything. I'll try and get some pics us running down lake travis together.

TxsRiverRat
06-20-2011, 01:29 PM

Kyle
06-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Personally, I like to do my business at Waterski America (The local Malibu dealer), who I bought my PS205 from. Tim the owner is a great guy and always has provided great service.

MC

Seriously you should be "BAN"

TxsRiverRat
06-20-2011, 01:38 PM

Kyle
06-20-2011, 01:43 PM
Ted does work for Ws A, buxtons, Txmc, and Ws B of Dallas supra dealer.

Call Him your gel colors are very hard to match. You may see the repair. I think you should put a tribal wrap on your boat.

east tx skier
06-20-2011, 06:45 PM
The best dealership I was at when I was in texas was Texas Ski Ranch, big pro shop, good mechanics, knowledgable sales people, they moved a lot of product. The one guy I spoke to their was very helpful, and didn't pressure me. I bought a MC off of craigslist, brought it to him and he told me I got one hell of a deal. Good guys there, kid friendly as well.

These guys run a great dealership. Been in there several times.

east tx skier
06-20-2011, 06:46 PM
It's a matter of where i have received better treatment and service. Theres a reason i asked you to send me Ted's info - TXMC is ignoring me.

MC

I have Ted's info if you need it.

TxsRiverRat
06-20-2011, 06:51 PM

gts-20
06-20-2011, 07:05 PM

+1. TSR is great! By far the best service I have ever received. We drive from Houston to have our PS214 serviced there (bought new from the now closed Houston Mastercraft). Josh in service has helped us out more times than I can count, and Joe in parts keeps us well stocked with Babes products. The owner makes it a point to come talk to us/shake hands every time we are there, and remembers our names. Needless to say, we will be buying our next MC from TSR.

kskonn
06-20-2011, 07:29 PM
TSR is the only dealer I go to, they have gone above and beyond a number of times for me when they did not have to. Phenominal service and parts department, tons of inventory and very honest and knowledgable sales reps.

Just Havin Fun
06-20-2011, 07:57 PM
I just got my first MC (X-25) from the new dealer just north of Houston (Dockside Marine) and they seem nice. Only been two weeks so I am still breaking it in. I have just under 7 hours so far. The boat was stored off thier main lot under a covered lean to. No real complaints so far.

I didn't get any real pressure and they gave me what I think is very fair pricing. When I called the Austin dealer to compare, he said he couldn't touch it, great deal.

I haven't had any services yet, they said to come in between 20-30 hours and said it would be about $450 - if I remember right.

Anyone have any dealings with them? Is this in line with I should expect?

btw, I absolutely LOVE the boat and as I trailer it, already start to count the hours til I get to hit the lake again!

JHF

ps. I tried to post a picture, but I guess I need remedial training. Keeps asking me for my pics URL.......I don't have the pic posted anywhere else.

TXX9
06-20-2011, 09:11 PM
TXMC has always done me a great service. I bought my 06 X9 their last summer, it was their on consignment and had 72 hrs on it. The sale was better than any car buying experience I have ever had. I felt like I got a great deal on the boat and Todd and Russ did a great job making the deal simple and seamless. Not to mention the test drive on their private lake was a great experience, where we functioned all of the ballast system and PP and I got to drive the boat around as long as I wanted to. After I bought it, they sent it to the service department for a full detail, including sanding and oiling the teak. The pro shop guys were great in helping my young boys pick out wake boards and stuff that fit them correctly. I have bought quite a bit of stuff from the service department, where they have been knowledgeable and helpful. I support them 100% and don't plan to do business anywhere else.

kskonn
06-20-2011, 11:52 PM
I just got my first MC (X-25) from the new dealer just north of Houston (Dockside Marine) and they seem nice. Only been two weeks so I am still breaking it in. I have just under 7 hours so far. The boat was stored off thier main lot under a covered lean to. No real complaints so far.

I didn't get any real pressure and they gave me what I think is very fair pricing. When I called the Austin dealer to compare, he said he couldn't touch it, great deal.

I haven't had any services yet, they said to come in between 20-30 hours and said it would be about $450 - if I remember right.

Anyone have any dealings with them? Is this in line with I should expect?

btw, I absolutely LOVE the boat and as I trailer it, already start to count the hours til I get to hit the lake again!

JHF

ps. I tried to post a picture, but I guess I need remedial training. Keeps asking me for my pics URL.......I don't have the pic posted anywhere else.

I have not heard a lot about their sales department etc... I have heard a number of complaints about their service department from people I know fairly well. I also know that Mastercraft has had to pay to send service guys from another texas dealer to help them fix a boat under warranty because they could not diagnose the problem. This is all second hand info so I would judge for yourself and see how they do for you.

I also know that a large number of people in Houston trailer their boats to Texas ski ranch in New Braunfels for repairs and service.

Let us know how they do for you.

osuwaterboy
06-21-2011, 12:39 AM
Sounds like you have some pretty good dealers in Texas. I wish I could say the same for Oklahoma. I love my 2010 X-25, buy I'm actually thinking about trading my MC for another boat just so I can get good service.

kskonn
06-21-2011, 01:09 AM
Sounds like you have some pretty good dealers in Texas. I wish I could say the same for Oklahoma. I love my 2010 X-25, buy I'm actually thinking about trading my MC for another boat just so I can get good service.

That is frustrating, hopefully some mastercraft guys see this and address the issue so you don't have to go to extreme measures.

tex
06-21-2011, 08:37 AM
It's a matter of where i have received better treatment and service. Theres a reason i asked you to send me Ted's info - TXMC is ignoring me.

MC

I would too!

chawk610
06-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Well... having started all this I must say, I have been to their service dept. twice now and been treated very well! Absolutely NO complaints. I was just asking as to the boats out in the sun as I know most of us go to great lengths to keep ours out of direct sunlight. But to my ignorance, I should have figured they would shine them up before they leave the lot!!!!!

Gjones
06-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Well, I will say that my first experience with said dealer wasn't stellar. I bought a bought from them last year late spring and had several issues from the start. I understand that a used boat will have issues and I am not afraid to work on my own stuff, but when two of the three ballast pumps have to be replaced before I ever had the boat on the water myself (and this was within two weeks of purchase), that isn't cool. I gave the dealership several opportunities to do right and correct the problem but got the "not my problem" story. After spending that kind of coin on a used boat and have to drop several hundred more for something that should be a no brainer for the dealer to take care of it kind of left a bad taste. Shame on me for not bringing a toolkit and breaking everything down to verify that everything is functioning on the demo! Lesson learned, next time I will. In addition several other things weren't right....
Trailer lights not working
Trailer brakes locked up due to kinked flex hose in the tongue
Boat not clean / detailed
Financing was a zoo - had to do this myself
I won't buy another boat from these folks nor would I recommend anyone to them for boat sales.

That being said, the guys in the proshop and the service department are second to none. These guys have bent over backwards for me since the initial issues, sometimes at the risk of putting themselves in a bad situation to make it right. The service dept and proshop are the only reason I continue to do business there, those guys know what customer service mean

Good news is that I finally have my boat exactly like I want it, perfect! This site has been huge as far as technical knowledge. Thanks to all for that.

TXX9
06-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Well, I will say that my first experience with said dealer wasn't stellar. I bought a bought from them last year late spring and had several issues from the start. I understand that a used boat will have issues and I am not afraid to work on my own stuff, but when two of the three ballast pumps have to be replaced before I ever had the boat on the water myself (and this was within two weeks of purchase), that isn't cool. I gave the dealership several opportunities to do right and correct the problem but got the "not my problem" story. After spending that kind of coin on a used boat and have to drop several hundred more for something that should be a no brainer for the dealer to take care of it kind of left a bad taste. Shame on me for not bringing a toolkit and breaking everything down to verify that everything is functioning on the demo! Lesson learned, next time I will. In addition several other things weren't right....
Trailer lights not working
Trailer brakes locked up due to kinked flex hose in the tongue
Boat not clean / detailed
Financing was a zoo - had to do this myself
I won't buy another boat from these folks nor would I recommend anyone to them for boat sales.

That being said, the guys in the proshop and the service department are second to none. These guys have bent over backwards for me since the initial issues, sometimes at the risk of putting themselves in a bad situation to make it right. The service dept and proshop are the only reason I continue to do business there, those guys know what customer service mean

Good news is that I finally have my boat exactly like I want it, perfect! This site has been huge as far as technical knowledge. Thanks to all for that.

I am not sure why bad ballast pumps on a used boat are the responsibility of the dealer. Just like in cars, it is an "As Is, No Warranty" situation. When I purchased my used boat there, we found a bad ballast pump on the test drive. The service department fixed that along with a few other things I found and wanted before I picked up the boat, at my cost. Now I have another ballast pump out, but it is not there responsibility. If you want a brand new boat where everything works, pony up the dough for one off the show room, then you have a legitimate beef about the ballast pumps not working before you put it in the water, and the trailer lights, and the brakes. Russ had the financing done for me by the time I got back from the test drive, at the terms I wanted. And they detailed mine before I took delivery, without me requesting it. It's to bad you didn't have a good experience there, but I think some of it may be unrealistic expectations.

Gjones
06-23-2011, 12:11 AM
TXX9,
I don't dispute the fact that buying a used piece of equipment typically is on an "As is No Warranty" basis but when the salesman assures you multiple times throughout the course of the sale that everything on the unit is fully functional, verified by the service dept. and it turns out that it is not; that is were I have my beef. Agreed my fault for not verifying what the salesperson assured me, but like I said lesson learned. I just felt like my inexperience / lack of knowledge at the time was taken advantage of.
No worries, as I have the boat in better condition than when I bought it thanks to the help of this site and the service folks at said dealer. I guess its one of life's lessons, some you just have to learn the hard way.....