PDA

View Full Version : Well, too shallow again

DooSPX
06-19-2011, 07:58 PM
My lake is once again too shallow to launch my boat and the City won't do a damn thing to dig the channel again. Great! Get to carry my boat to the next nearest lake deep enough which is 45 minutes away and the lake sucks for any slalom sets! GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DemolitionMan
06-19-2011, 08:00 PM
My lake is once again too shallow to launch my boat and the City won't do a damn thing to dig the channel again. Great! Get to carry my boat to the next nearest lake deep enough which is 45 minutes away and the lake sucks for any slalom sets! GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that Florida had been getting a lot of rain?

DooSPX
06-19-2011, 09:00 PM
South FL gets more. We get a little shower for 10 minutes and thats it. The rain we do get cannot keep up with the lakes drying up. Our lake has dropped 1.5 feet in 4 weeks.

I love living on a lake that I cannot use... The ramp is run by the city and the lazy and cheap POS's will not fix the one side of the ramp where the sand has gotten 3 feet deep on the ramp and you get suck as soon as you load your boat. (Been there, Done that!) other side is too shallow to even walk your boat into the "channel" which is now only 1.8 feet deep till you get 600ft out.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-19-2011, 09:04 PM
I feel your pain...

snork
06-19-2011, 11:22 PM
South FL gets more. We get a little shower for 10 minutes and thats it. The rain we do get cannot keep up with the lakes drying up. Our lake has dropped 1.5 feet in 4 weeks.

I love living on a lake that I cannot use... The ramp is run by the city and the lazy and cheap POS's will not fix the one side of the ramp where the sand has gotten 3 feet deep on the ramp and you get suck as soon as you load your boat. (Been there, Done that!) other side is too shallow to even walk your boat into the "channel" which is now only 1.8 feet deep till you get 600ft out.

you better get started, looks like you have a lot of work to do

Covi
06-20-2011, 06:43 AM

Man so sorry to hear that. I wish I could give you some of the water from the NE. I have too much water the ramps are flooded. You can't see them and the truck would be way to far in the water to get to the steep of the ramp. Sucks big time!

DooSPX
06-20-2011, 08:37 AM
you better get started, looks like you have a lot of work to do

We can't touch the ramp or sand, it's the city deal and I would get a fine! Go figure... (insert non existed rolleyes smilie)

scott023
06-20-2011, 09:22 AM
South FL gets more. We get a little shower for 10 minutes and thats it. The rain we do get cannot keep up with the lakes drying up. Our lake has dropped 1.5 feet in 4 weeks.I love living on a lake that I cannot use... The ramp is run by the city and the lazy and cheap POS's will not fix the one side of the ramp where the sand has gotten 3 feet deep on the ramp and you get suck as soon as you load your boat. (Been there, Done that!) other side is too shallow to even walk your boat into the "channel" which is now only 1.8 feet deep till you get 600ft out.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ours has risen 3 inches in the last 4 days.

thatsmrmastercraft
06-20-2011, 09:42 AM
We can't touch the ramp or sand, it's the city deal and I would get a fine! Go figure... (insert non existed rolleyes smilie)

Nice touch.

snork
06-20-2011, 06:52 PM

Get yourself a pos malibu and prop wash the sand and soot out of the way (insert rock and roll)

SunCoast 83
06-20-2011, 09:52 PM

Sebring right?......
What lake (Jackson I assume)

DooSPX
06-20-2011, 10:21 PM
correct. where are you?

SunCoast 83
06-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Oviedo, but I have a sister that lives out in Highlands County...

coz
06-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Great! Get to carry my boat to the next nearest lake deep enough which is 45 minutes away and the lake sucks for any slalom sets! GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's gotta be a helluva lot better than sitting at home posting on TT....at least you're on the water :D

kskonn
06-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Did you get enough rain to get you get back out on the water?

agarabaghi
06-24-2011, 11:00 AM
where in central fl do you live?

JohnE
06-24-2011, 11:19 AM

:rolleyes:...............................

agarabaghi
06-24-2011, 11:20 AM

havent seen you on the chain recently... did we scare you off ;)

DooSPX
06-24-2011, 04:38 PM
:rolleyes:...............................

HEY!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: I'll be damned! They got them working!

Thanks for pointing it JohnE. They must have fixed them.

DooSPX
06-24-2011, 04:39 PM
where in central fl do you live?

Sebring :D

DooSPX
06-24-2011, 04:39 PM

Where at? PM me if you want. Do you ever come down to Highlands?

DooSPX
06-24-2011, 04:41 PM
They are supposed to come out this weekend with a boom bucket. We will see. Too bad I will be leaving for 3 weeks starting next week. Go figure...

SunCoast 83
06-26-2011, 09:22 AM
havent seen you on the chain recently... did we scare you off ;)

Nope:)
new position at work. Been working lots of hours
I did get out for a bit on my friends boat the other day

SunCoast 83
06-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Where at? PM me if you want. Do you ever come down to Highlands?

Yea sometimes I do.
She lives down the road in Lake Placid
I know there are great ski lakes there.
We will have to meet up

DooSPX
06-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Jay, We do have to meet up! Let me know in advance when you are going to be down this way! Maybe we can hit the lake.

PM me, and I can give you my number!