PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Pump not pumping

medicmoose
06-19-2011, 04:54 PM
I just had some work done on my ballast system...plumbed in the rear fat sacs with their own pumps. Now, my factory port ballast pump is not working. The light on the switch comes on and will periodically flash. No sound comes from the pump and it does nothing on either the fill setting or the empty setting.

I don't think there were any wiring changes other than new wiring for the new pumps. The 4 other pumps are working just fine and the fuses seem to be alright. I checked the wiring to the port pump and it appeared to be good but I have yet to use an electrical tester on it.

Any ideas??? Is this a clear sign that the pump is shot?

Any help is appreciated!

StrangeLuv
06-19-2011, 06:08 PM
If it is shot, an auto electric starter shop should be able to fix... much cheaper thean buying a new one.

Good luck.

BoulderX45
06-20-2011, 07:18 PM
I would try the pump with the boat motor running. It takes a little for those pumps to start.

Thrall
06-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Did you check the breaker on the relay box?

medicmoose
06-21-2011, 02:48 PM
I would try the pump with the boat motor running. It takes a little for those pumps to start.

Yeah I have tried both with motor running and with it not running...no go.

Did you check the breaker on the relay box?

Are you talking about the area in the port side rear locker area? There appears to be 3 fuses...one each for the port, starboard and KGB ballast. They all seem to be in place still (no popped)...do they come out? I tried unscrewing the ring around the "switch" on that panel but it didn't seem to make a fuse come out/loose.