PDA

View Full Version : I love my Mastercraft!

Brian B
06-19-2011, 02:46 PM
I love my boat more and more every time I take it out! I've had it for 2.5 months and put 35 hours on it. Generally go out 2 times a week. We finally got the surf wave dialed, and it's as nice as I've seen behind any boat. (video soon).....Got the stereo in and dialed. All thats left is PP and this 10 year old boat is set!

Love it! Happy fathers day, and big thanks to all the helpful and informative folks on TT!

03geetee
06-19-2011, 02:50 PM
High five!

JTR

skongolf
06-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Nice!! How are you weighting it for surfing? Also what board are you riding? I am starting to look for one. I definately want to get out with you guys one afternoon to learn wakesurfing.

prostar205
06-19-2011, 08:42 PM
I love my boat more and more every time I take it out! I've had it for 2.5 months and put 35 hours on it. Generally go out 2 times a week. We finally got the surf wave dialed, and it's as nice as I've seen behind any boat. (video soon).....Got the stereo in and dialed. All thats left is PP and this 10 year old boat is set!

Love it! Happy fathers day, and big thanks to all the helpful and informative folks on TT!

Is that color Red Metal Flake? Is the MASTERCRAFT sticker on the side the chrome drip-molded version?

Very nice looking boat.

DemolitionMan
06-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Looks great. You will love PP.

Brian B
06-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Nice!! How are you weighting it for surfing? Also what board are you riding? I am starting to look for one. I definately want to get out with you guys one afternoon to learn wakesurfing.

Keep in touch! You're more than welcome!

I'm running forward, port, and starboard oem tanks full. 1 540 pound sack in port locker, and 1 200 pound sack on the port seat on the bow...... It's way nice now! The only thing left to try is removing the platform as it cuts into the wave quite a bit......

Brian B
06-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Is that color Red Metal Flake? Is the MASTERCRAFT sticker on the side the chrome drip-molded version?

Very nice looking boat.

Thanks! It's bright red. No metal flake...... Not sure what MC calls it.

The MC sticker looks like diamond plate. Not chrome. Chrome might look awesome though! Got a link?

Ole Miss Rebels
06-19-2011, 09:22 PM
i wouldn't remove the platform. that seems to me as if you could possibly get a little too close to the prop for comfort. maybe you could get a couple of extra platform brackets and make a raised and dwarfed platform that would not drag when the boat is listing and running. when we were learning to surf i can't copunt the number of times i plowed into the back of the boat. hadd the platform not been there i would have fallen right at the transome and the vacuum/hole at the back of the boat could concievably have pulled me down towards the prop. just something to think about since you will be training a lot of newbies. btw, your boat is gorgeous. i am very happy for you and hope you have many years of enjoyment. gthlsu.

MC4SNETS
06-20-2011, 01:55 AM
BrianB keep us updated on your purchase and install of PP. I am in the same boat as you (pun intended) and would like to have PP if the price is right and I can do the install myself.

As of now I don't even know where to start besides dropping it off at the MC dealer and telling them to install it....which I won't do because I know I can do it cheaper.....way cheaper.

Any help would be appreciated.

V-man
06-20-2011, 02:13 AM
BB. I feel you brother. Great job and keep surfing! I guarantee that you will keep tweeking the surf setup, because I do. That looks like an Arizona lake (Saguaro maybe)? If you're interested in a trip to Lake Pleasant let me know.

Brian B
06-20-2011, 09:29 PM
i wouldn't remove the platform. that seems to me as if you could possibly get a little too close to the prop for comfort. maybe you could get a couple of extra platform brackets and make a raised and dwarfed platform that would not drag when the boat is listing and running. when we were learning to surf i can't copunt the number of times i plowed into the back of the boat. hadd the platform not been there i would have fallen right at the transome and the vacuum/hole at the back of the boat could concievably have pulled me down towards the prop. just something to think about since you will be training a lot of newbies. btw, your boat is gorgeous. i am very happy for you and hope you have many years of enjoyment. gthlsu.

Good point OMR. I think I'll get the brackets and have a billet deck machined up!

And thanks so much for the kind words! I absolutely LOVE this boat!

Brian B
06-20-2011, 09:30 PM
BrianB keep us updated on your purchase and install of PP. I am in the same boat as you (pun intended) and would like to have PP if the price is right and I can do the install myself.

As of now I don't even know where to start besides dropping it off at the MC dealer and telling them to install it....which I won't do because I know I can do it cheaper.....way cheaper.

Any help would be appreciated.

I will certainly post about it here. Could be a few months befor I can swing it though.

Brian B
06-20-2011, 09:32 PM
BB. I feel you brother. Great job and keep surfing! I guarantee that you will keep tweeking the surf setup, because I do. That looks like an Arizona lake (Saguaro maybe)? If you're interested in a trip to Lake Pleasant let me know.

V-man! You need to get your account setup man! Welcome to the club!

The pic was from Canyon lake. I generally go there and weekends, and Saguaro on weekdays. Prolly venture over to Pleasant when I get my toy hauler fixed!

In the mean time, keep in touch. I go out once during the week, either tue or thur for the afternoon! You and your are welcome to come along if you can put up with loud music and non stop surfing! :)

onejdgreen
06-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Put the hours on!!! Justify the payments, that what I say!!!

Brian B
06-21-2011, 01:05 AM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=764290#post764290