PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive Tower Speaker Ideas

tex
06-19-2011, 01:47 PM
I'm in the market for some new tower speakers. I don't need crazy @$$ expensive rock the lake speakers...just 2 cans to mount with or without speakers. Any ideas on where to buy? My computer is in the shop and it has all my connections on it. Any help is appreciated...Happy Father's Day!!!!

tex
06-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Damn...A little help from my MC bruthas!

Jerseydave
06-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Try to find some used Wetsounds or NVS speakers. They seem to be the favorites with a lot of owners. (you get what you pay for with speakers)

My buddy has Bazooka Tubbies (sp?) that sound pretty good and are less expensive than most speakers.

Jerseydave
06-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Here's a link

http://www.bazooka.com/products/marine/Tubbies-C18/Single-Ended-S89

Jerseydave
06-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Some used wetsounds

http://www.wakeworld.com/classifields/viewlisting.php?view=1731

Panda Cub
06-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Ever thought of using outdoor speakers. I know a guy who did that and they sound great.

I don't have a tower, so no need for tower speakers

Gofast
06-21-2011, 05:50 PM
I sold a pair of used Infinity tower speakers and amp for $300 last year. Speakers worked great plus had an amp and microphone included in the deal. New Retail was right at $1k. The microphone worked great for teaching, helping beginners etc. Also used to get Wally's off my six on occasion.

I went to a pair of Wetsound Pro 485's that can rock the lake. Price is closer to $2K for this set-up.

I would look at used if you want to stay on the cheap side, some TT memeber might be looking to upgrade from thier current speakers.

Good luck.

Rob

73blue
06-21-2011, 10:06 PM
I bought some enclosures from audioformz.com and put some cheap car audio speakers in them. Enclosures were like $180/pair and speakers like $120/pair. Not the greatest sound, but cheap, and they've held up like 4 seasons.

Yellow X9
06-21-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm in the market for some new tower speakers. I don't need crazy @$$ expensive rock the lake speakers...just 2 cans to mount with or without speakers. Any ideas on where to buy? My computer is in the shop and it has all my connections on it. Any help is appreciated...Happy Father's Day!!!!

Being your in Ft.Worth, Stop by and see one of my stores I sell to: Car Sounds-NRH, He''s located on Rufe Snow Dr. 817-849-1070. Ask for John, I know he has some cans there already loaded