PDA

View Full Version : 2006 X9 Ballast Pump Location

OHpage21
06-19-2011, 09:10 AM
So, I was woring on the boat yesterday, and couldnt find wheren the pumps are located for the front and rear. Can anyone help me out with the location of the pumps?

Lakeside09
06-19-2011, 10:17 AM
I have an 03' and both pumps are located behind the wall in your rear locker. So if your standing in your boat looking at the rear locker it is the wall facing you. Once you get to them the are fairly easy to take out... What issues are you having?

OHpage21
06-19-2011, 10:30 AM
I am getting alot of air in the rear tank. Also, the pumps sound really loud, not sure if it has to to with the pump or impeller. I want to get in and check them and replace. Or just have a few spares on hand just in case.

Lakeside09
06-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Take out the impellers... If they are in good shape apply vaseline to them... reinstall... You will stll get some air in the bags when filling them normally... Fill them all the way to where water will be coming out of your overfill ports. Then you should be good to go... Once you get water flowing nicely the pump should not be loud anymore.

OHpage21
06-19-2011, 02:53 PM
You were dead on with the location. I have the yellow impellers but they were is good shape. No kicks or tears. Thank you for the info. I greatly appreciate it!