PDA

View Full Version : Dash issue?

agarabaghi
06-19-2011, 06:46 AM
So i finally got around to installing my Battery Doctor Isolator, and im very happy with how simple it was. I hooked everything up to the AUX battery, except for the negative from the boat harness because the wire would not reach. I noticed yesterday while running that every once in a while the gauges would reset. The PP and engine would remain fine but the gauges would zero out. Is this because im grounding off a different battery. Im going to move the positive back to the main battery and see if that helps at all.

bturner2
06-19-2011, 07:46 AM
The ground for both batteries should be connected together. It's kind of hard to see in these pictures but all the grounds need to be connected together so there is no ground loop or voltage difference.

bturner2
06-19-2011, 07:51 AM
On my set up I split the load for start and house loads. The battery on the right is used for starting and the electric motor on my boat lift. The battery on the left runs the stereo and all the other accessories on the boat. In the bottom of the last picture you can see my Blue Seas "add a battery" kit which includes the isolator (right) and the battery switch (left).

This is what it looked like when I picked it up form the PO.....

agarabaghi
06-19-2011, 11:36 AM
ha yea i think i found my issue. I have nothing grounding the AUX battery for some reason. Must have missed that.

agarabaghi
06-19-2011, 01:18 PM
That was it ... Everything seems to be working fine now. I did touch a black to red for a second but I think it's ok