PDA

View Full Version : Sad to say goodby

Wake2004
06-18-2011, 01:12 PM
The time has come that I am not able keep my Mastercraft due to money issues. I have or will be posting my beloved 2004 205V in the Marketplace for $33,500. If anyone knows someone that might be interested please send me a message. It has everything: MCX, Stargazer, Custom Automated Ballast, Huge Sound System sponsered by Rockford Fosgate, Tower with all the goodies 4 Mastercraft cans all have the docking lights, to rear facing Mastercraft docking lights, LED interior lighting, Heater, tandom trailer, only 350hrs.

DemolitionMan
06-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Sorry to hear that.

Thrall
06-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Wow, nice boat. Sorry to hear you have to sell it. Someone is going to get an awesome boat.

JLowder
06-18-2011, 05:22 PM
I sold my boat 3 weeks ago for similar reasons. Only way I could do it was that I told myself I would buy another one when times were better.

SkiDog
06-18-2011, 07:33 PM
I sold my boat 3 weeks ago for similar reasons. Only way I could do it was that I told myself I would buy another one when times were better.

Thats what I did. Now times are better, and I'm taking delivery week after next! hang in there!

TOO-TALL
06-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Sorry to hear this...hang in there.
Very nice boat.

Skidog,
What ya get'n?

Maristar210
06-19-2011, 12:41 AM
Good luck with the sale of a boat that you paid 45k new 8 years ago .....25-28k is a real number for that boat

dpolen
06-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Where is your boat located? I see Minnesota tags on it in the pictures, but your profiles says the Rockies. Great looking boat!!!

MNWild
06-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Where is your boat located? I see Minnesota tags on it in the pictures, but your profiles says the Rockies. Great looking boat!!!

Assuming all the photos were taken together, that second photo certainly doesn't appear to be MN. we don't have a hill that big anywhere in the state!! Agreed, sweet looking MC.

Jerseydave
06-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Sorry to see another boat owner selling, but hopefully you'll be back with a nice MC again.

It looks like you took great care of that boat, plus added lots of goodies to her so IMHO she is worth more than the typical 205V of that year. Some people try to get top dollar for boats that are abused so it's nice to see a pristine 7 year old boat!

G.L. with the sale!

SkiDog
06-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Sorry to hear this...hang in there.
Very nice boat.

Skidog,
What ya get'n?

92 Prostar.

Wake2004
06-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Thanks for all of the nice responses, I hope that this will be only about a 2 year break from boating (if it doesn't take that long to sell mine). I learned a lot on this forum and I can't imagine owning anything but a Mastercraft!

I purchased the boat 2 years ago, the previous owner lived in MN but the boat the boat is in CO now.

I could be wrong on the price but I guess I will find out soon. I am open to offers as well.

02ProstarSammyD
06-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Don't feel bad man. I've only had my new MC for 3 mo and looks like I might have to sell her for similar reasons. My kids have been hooked this year and the irony is they will love going to their moms more now.............even though all of this is her fault.

Contemplating the "Kids your mommy is making daddy sell the boat because she doesn't like daddy and her new b/f is a sorry excuse of a man who wants daddy's money" play. That pouty lip may be the last play I can make haha

Jerseydave
06-20-2011, 11:05 AM
92 Prostar.

Nice looking '92! The tower looks good on it.

Aren't you on Lake Anna.....you had a red stars & stripes right? That boat was sweet too!

Wake2004
07-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Well it is gone, the new owner in Washington picked up the boat on Saturday. I wish it well with it's new owner. I do hope there will be another day when I get to own a mastercraft again. My goal would be 2 years but that might be a stretch.

On a positive note I had overwelming response to the boat with 4 serious buyers. I even managed to turn down a cash offer that was within a grand or so of my min. I think the lack of supply in my price range help bring up the value of the boat.

I will still be lurking around dreaming of the day that I to will be the owner of one these magnificent boats.

Thrall
07-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Glad you got what you wanted $$ wise out of it. Used boat market (at least for MC's) appears to be strong right now.
For comparison's sake, my 06 NADA showed $36k+ w/o trailer 2 years ago when I bought it. Now shows $46k, same options. Not that NADA is accurate, but there aren't many used MC's out there like a cpl years ago and prices are up.

Wake2004
07-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Yea, I almost think that I might have under priced it.

Thrall
07-05-2011, 04:49 PM
I'll keep an eye out for it up here. Just moved from CO to WA. You know, make sure they're treating it properly!:rolleyes:

aaron.
07-05-2011, 04:54 PM
hope you get back on the horse again someday. good luck to you sir!

Wake2004
07-05-2011, 09:40 PM
I'll keep an eye out for it up here. Just moved from CO to WA. You know, make sure they're treating it properly!:rolleyes:

Please do!!

What part of Washington did you move to?

Thrall
07-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Seattle area, Auburn/Black Diamond.
It's nice here, but miss CO even though there's more water here.

TayMC197
07-06-2011, 02:39 PM
92 Prostar.

I need to change my name to TayMC197 now that you bought the 190... speaking of which I need to PM sporty.

onejdgreen
07-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Sharp looking boat, too bad you have to sell her...

DeVrieski
07-07-2011, 02:00 AM
I am pretty sure my brother bought your boat. I can assure you that he will take great care of it and will get a lot of use out of it. It will be the second Mastercraft in the family and we are very particular about how we care for our boats. We will actually both have PS205's but mine is a 2000 DD and is is the 04' 205V. I live about 3 hours away from him so I haven't seen it yet but my brother said he took it out on the fourth and it was great. I am looking forward to getting behind in in a couple of weeks. Sorry you had to sell it, but my brother is grateful. This is the boat he has wanted for a while. He had a much larger supra 22v but after skiing and surfing behind my 205DD he knew he needed a 205V. Thanks for giving her up to us. We will take care of her!

Wake2004
07-11-2011, 12:49 PM
I am pretty sure my brother bought your boat. I can assure you that he will take great care of it and will get a lot of use out of it. It will be the second Mastercraft in the family and we are very particular about how we care for our boats. We will actually both have PS205's but mine is a 2000 DD and is is the 04' 205V. I live about 3 hours away from him so I haven't seen it yet but my brother said he took it out on the fourth and it was great. I am looking forward to getting behind in in a couple of weeks. Sorry you had to sell it, but my brother is grateful. This is the boat he has wanted for a while. He had a much larger supra 22v but after skiing and surfing behind my 205DD he knew he needed a 205V. Thanks for giving her up to us. We will take care of her!

Yes you are correct, tell your brother that I hope that he and the rest of your family enjoy the boat as much as my family did. Also I must say that the transaction went very smooth considering that it was an out of state deal. Maybe some day I will look you guys up when I am visitng my dad in bellingham. I told Sean he owes me a pull:) Have a great time on the water!!