PDA

View Full Version : ATVs

ctjahn
06-17-2011, 11:19 PM
I know this is an MC forum but I dont belong to any ATV forums at this time...

Anyone know if using a 2UP seat on an ATV is legal in Wisconsin? I have read a lot about them and some bad stuff; Often labeled "for resting only" but not really sure....

SO....in our recent trip we left it at home... (it would have been just on smooth trails and around some hunting land, nothing crazy). Didnt have time to get a 2Up seat or confirm that it was indeed illegal? AND I didnt need any more trouble from the law this year.)

cj

epnault
06-18-2011, 07:43 AM
You can operate with 2 people on an ATV in most states as long as it was manufactured for 2 people. This would include the state of Wisconsin. Polaris, Arctic Cat, and CanAm are the only manufacturers that engineer and build ATVs like this. If you are adding one of those boxes that have a pseudo extra seat then it is technically not legal. Hope this helps

ctjahn
06-18-2011, 08:20 AM
I have a Cat 400 and was considering getting a psudo second seat....

cj

epnault
06-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Then the answer is that is technically not legal

Thrall
06-18-2011, 03:47 PM
epnault is right. Gov't saving us from ourselves again. Out west I don't think anyone cares. I've stopepd to talk with the fish cops during hunting season multiple times with 2 poeple on a 1 up atv and the subject was never even brought up.
Bet the WI DNR would love the revenue from ticketing you though.

ctjahn
06-18-2011, 06:10 PM
And we will see what JonnyLaw says...

C

SkiDog
06-18-2011, 07:21 PM
I know this is an MC forum but I dont belong to any ATV forums at this time...

Anyone know if using a 2UP seat on an ATV is legal in Wisconsin? I have read a lot about them and some bad stuff; Often labeled "for resting only" but not really sure....

SO....in our recent trip we left it at home... (it would have been just on smooth trails and around some hunting land, nothing crazy). Didnt have time to get a 2Up seat or confirm that it was indeed illegal? AND I didnt need any more trouble from the law this year.)

cj

You need to join Highlifter.com