PDA

View Full Version : Alternator Replacement with LQ9 Engine

stockjr99
06-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Does anyone know what the replacement part # is for the alternator for the 6.0L Cadillac LQ9 engine or where I could find a replacement that will bolt up exactly ? Can be the same Amps but prefer larger amp. Went to autozone and couldnt find an exact fit.. some insight and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Make sure you use a marine grade alternator...

stockjr99
06-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Where would I get that?? .. an extact bolt on.. ?

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Search on here lots of threads and companys that sells marine alternators, you could always just have yours rebuilt locally and save some cash the rebuild shop could even increase them amps for you...

JimN
06-18-2011, 12:29 AM
Does anyone know what the replacement part # is for the alternator for the 6.0L Cadillac LQ9 engine or where I could find a replacement that will bolt up exactly ? Can be the same Amps but prefer larger amp. Went to autozone and couldnt find an exact fit.. some insight and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If you would do a search for similar threads, you'll see that the general recommendation is to have the existing one rebuilt locally. Also, I would have to ask what caused it to go bad- did you discharge the battery, jump start it and run it? That and giving a jump to a dead battery when your engine is running are the easiest ways to kill an alternator.