PDA

View Full Version : gas line problem??

kpmasterc
06-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Any thoughts would be apprectiated. I have a 93' prostar. LTI corvette engine. On tight turns that are fast it loses power then gets it back, now also on takeoffs it will do the same thing. It loses gas it seems for a moment then it's fine. At pulling speeds it runs fine. Just seems to be when the boat is in an angle (turning or starting off). Could it be the gas????
I'm a rookie, this is my first inboard I owned an outboard for 25 years. Thanks

Thrall
06-18-2011, 04:59 PM
My lt1 would only do that in a real hard turn if the fuel level was low. After changing the filter(s) (my lt1 had the canister filter near the fuel pump and another inline filter on top of the tank that I didn't see for years) look at the fuel pressure. Hook up a guage to the schrader valve on the fuel rail and ck pressure when it looses power compared to running fine.
Another suggestion could be something wrong with the fuel pickup in the tank, but that's more of a chore to get to, so I'd eliminate filters or fuel pump as the problem first.

kpmasterc
06-19-2011, 02:21 PM
thanks. I'm heading to the lake tomorrow and hoping there is a mechanic at the marina who can hop in and check it out while it's on the lake.

kpmasterc
06-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Put premium gas in it. Running very good, but still doing it on the hard turns!! What's up?