PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Mastercraft Prostar 190 Blower Issue

fenceman
06-17-2011, 11:38 PM
I own a 1987 Mastercraft Prostar 190. When the boat is in idle position and the blower is on, does an alarm (high pitched chirping noise) sound? When the blower is on, the noise for my boat is continuous. Even when the blower is off, the noise continues when the boat is put into idle, but when I engage the transmission, the noise ceases.

cbryan70
06-18-2011, 03:41 AM
Did you check all of your grounds? Do you have a radio amp in the boat? Does the noise go away instantly when you put the boat in gear? If it takes a min check your impeller?

woobiedmd
06-19-2011, 09:44 AM
When you say "alarm" do you when the high temp alarm or something else? It is normal when first restarting to have "heat soak" and that will happen. A few seconds of pulling in fresh cooling water and it will lower the temp(alarm goes away). Hope this helps, if not we need more info. Good luck!

fenceman
06-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Today we removed the tachometer and found a Piezo Mini Siren Sound Generator ( Buzzer by Murata) and then removed it. The buzzing stopped. Should we have left it on there for a specific purpose?