PDA

View Full Version : Truck Shopping

Kyle
06-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Man o man truck shopping sucks. I have no clue what I want but it's time to replace my current truck.

Salesmen suck and talk more than they listen. They want to sell me what they think I want vs what I want in a vehicle. Told a guy yesterday I wanted only "leather". We started looking at trucks and the third cloth truck he showed me in a row I snapped. Told him to pull his head out of his ars and listen to what his possible buyers are saying. Turned around left his fat donut piano legged ars standing at the truck, walked across the dealership, got in my truck and drove off. What an idiot.

personally I would rather scratch a tigers jewels with a wire brush than deal with buying a new vehicle.

That or swim with hungry sharks.

Or play in the highway.

Those 3 things would be much less stressful.

Now I'm online shopping and have no clue still what I want. I'm pissed off needed to vent and need help. I'm lost.

pram
06-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Maybe this in a year or two newer model

http://image.minitruckinweb.com/f/9739823/0808mt_04_z+custom_trucks+1972_chevy_luv.jpg

Kyle
06-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Pram I would rather drive the A-team van......

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-17-2011, 06:36 PM
New or used? We just took in a 08 tahoe with 8k miles looks to be loaded ...

DooSPX
06-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Good luck Kyle! I proved the dealer wrong about every option I wanted on a certain trim level. After an hour of them looking through the there black options book, they found the exact truck in Miami, and had it shipped to the dealer. BTW, this was a brand new truck I am referring too.

Rockman
06-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Kyle,

When I was shopping for my Silverado at the time (2001), I was treated the same way. A few friends of mine sent me to dealers where they "knew" somebody. What a freakin nightmare.

I already knew what I wanted, but gave everyone a fair chance and it was fun checking out all the different brands.

So I was at the 2nd to last delaer before I bought my truck. It was a GMC dealer. Ok, I wanted a Chevy, but if they could get me the same truck, what the hell. So the sales guys give me the "family" price which is ok, but nothing spectacular. I told him it was still too high and to talk to his manager to come down. 15 minutes later he comes back to the desk and tells my wife and I that he got us a better price. Great! We start filling out the paperwork and notice the truck is gonna be financed for 6 years instead of 5...What the hell!!!??

Picked up our check, walked out.

Next day, went to a guy I knew, 30 minutes later, truck was located at another dealer. Picked it up 2 days later and 190k miles later...

Worst is price haggle with most salepeople...my guy was close to my what I wanted to pay by $30! I couldn't have been happier.

Kyle
06-17-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm unsure about chevy 1500 looks wise Texas edition 4 full door navigation back up cam etc.

Like f150 king ranch 4x4 and f250 KR as well. Love the interior. I love Texas styling and the king ranch leather is bad to the bone.

Like a tahoe ltz

If I get a truck then mine goes. If I get a Hoe then my avalanche has got to stay. I haul dirty equipment sometimes that would never work out without trashing the Hoe.

Not another avalanche as you add very little weight to the bed and they squat.

Kyle
06-17-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm a salesman and listen very carefully to my clients. They freaking tell you what they want to buy if you listen. Anyway when it comes to arguing over price and trim package, wheels, upholstery, etc. I know what I want and what is fair. I can't stand some cheese ball trying to scam me. I can't stand the half untucked shirt because mr car salesman sits down all day and snacks. Geese go outside and smoke at least that will give the dude more exercise than playing cell phone games all day.

Can't stand a non professional car salesman. Had this colored kid about 24 try his luck with an 09 KR 250. The little bastard has is slacks and shirt tucked in around his legs. Like a gangster. This was at 5star ford.

Another thing is I am not walking these dealerships lots in 102 deg heat sweating my ars off for my health. I sure don't like getting into an even hotter sun baked truck. If I am walking the lots the donut boy salesman needs to get his fat ars up and the gangster needs to pull up his drawers and walk around and sweat with me.

Non of my family or friends will shop with me. They all say they feel sorry for the poor salesman as they think I run them through the ringer. Although when they are buying a new vehicle I'm the first person they call. Weird how that works.

I just don't know what to buy or what I like.

pram
06-17-2011, 07:17 PM

LOL

that is funny

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Have you heard of jerry reynolds he used to own Prestige Ford in dallas he now does a radio show. He gives the ins and outs of buying a new or used vehicle he tells you where to go with what brand and puts you in touch with the 'right' person to make the deal stress free and you get what you want. His show is on saturday heres his website link http://www.carproshow.com/

georgea0731
06-17-2011, 10:25 PM
My father in law, made a point, he said a decent trailer can haul anything the back of a truck can and you can pull it with a lot of different vehicles. Food for thought. This might get you by until you know what you really, really want.
I too get very frustrated with the game, cause that's all it is. I've read where there goal is to take as long as possible, because you'll get tired and give in. Remember, the sales person has a script to follow, his boss is watching him and their job depends on it. Doesn't make it right, but I try to do my job to the best of my ability.
Decide what you want, find it on the internet (at least the invoice price) and go tell them what you want then walk if they don't. It's near the end of the model year, incentives are normally out there, selection may be slightly smaller. Remember to look ahead and see what's coming out in 2012. You don't want to buy 2011 and find out there's a new ??? that you'd rather had.
Good luck!

ps205
06-18-2011, 08:48 AM
Kyle,

I completely understand that its you hard earned money and you must do what you thing is best but....

I just wanted to ask anyone why they would ever buy vehicles new? What is the point? You take a nasty financial hit the second you sign the papers and drive away and then it becomes a used car.... With the economic unrest and gas prices up and down people have brand new trucks and SUV's for sale everyday. Buy a one year old vehicle with low miles from a one owner private individual not a dealer. Take the vehicle you are interested in to a dealer service center and have them check it out. In addition (and this is very important) take the vehicle to a body shop and have them inspect it for paintwork as Carfax does not show anything that was paid for out of pocket.

Trust me when I tell you that humans are impatient by nature and the longer a private individual sits on a vehicle they want to sell the better deal you will get. Why do you think trade-ins happen every day... its not because you get a good deal (some people lose in excess of 7000.00) its because its a quick out for the individual.

As for the vehicle you want... if you can afford it only buy LOADED Trucks and SUV's because thats what most people are shopping for and when its time to sell your vehicle it will be what people are looking for. (TAHOE LTZ, FORD KR, TUNDRA LIMITED)

Quick search here in INDY - 2011 Tahoe LTZ from local dealer $65000 plus sticker. 2010 Tahoe LTZ one owner 13,000 miles asking $45000 probably could be bought for 43ish. take the difference and invest in College fund, Stocks (maybe), home improvement etc...

GregS
06-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Check out the new F150 with the new Ecoboost engine.....sweet truck!

I went out and test drove everything made my mind up then started calling dealers...figure out what invoice or what you are willing to pay...and tell them to make the deal over the phone...I purchased the last 3 vehicles that way.

Good luck.

2RLAKE
06-18-2011, 10:20 AM
I have am '05 dodge ram quad cab 1500, SLT, red with black cloth, 86k gentle miles that I'm giving away .....

plunk77
06-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Kyle,

I completely understand that its you hard earned money and you must do what you thing is best but....

I just wanted to ask anyone why they would ever buy vehicles new? What is the point? You take a nasty financial hit the second you sign the papers and drive away and then it becomes a used car.... With the economic unrest and gas prices up and down people have brand new trucks and SUV's for sale everyday. Buy a one year old vehicle with low miles from a one owner private individual not a dealer. Take the vehicle you are interested in to a dealer service center and have them check it out. In addition (and this is very important) take the vehicle to a body shop and have them inspect it for paintwork as Carfax does not show anything that was paid for out of pocket.

Trust me when I tell you that humans are impatient by nature and the longer a private individual sits on a vehicle they want to sell the better deal you will get. Why do you think trade-ins happen every day... its not because you get a good deal (some people lose in excess of 7000.00) its because its a quick out for the individual.

As for the vehicle you want... if you can afford it only buy LOADED Trucks and SUV's because thats what most people are shopping for and when its time to sell your vehicle it will be what people are looking for. (TAHOE LTZ, FORD KR, TUNDRA LIMITED)

Quick search here in INDY - 2011 Tahoe LTZ from local dealer $65000 plus sticker. 2010 Tahoe LTZ one owner 13,000 miles asking $45000 probably could be bought for 43ish. take the difference and invest in College fund, Stocks (maybe), home improvement etc...

I just picked up a 2010 GMC Sierra that was pretty loaded...leather interior, towing packages, the whole bit, that was used and had 21,000 miles for $25,000. the original sticker price was i think $36,000. a good slightly used truck is the way to go

Kyle
06-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Notice new ment new to me.

Kyle
06-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Ok I called an old friend of mine up that used to work with me for several years then got into the car biz. He's been the finance director for 3+ years at his dealership. He's said find out what you want and he will get it. No salesmen, no bs, no hastle. Everything would be run through him. It's all ars backwards but it will work via phone and Internet.

BrianM
06-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Why not a new Avalanche LTZ. I have an '07 and couldn't be happier. Love the flexibility of the thing. The new LTZs are awful nice.

Kyle
06-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Why not a new Avalanche LTZ. I have an '07 and couldn't be happier. Love the flexibility of the thing. The new LTZs are awful nice.

Does yours squat to the bump stops when you put 300lbs in the bed. Mine does. What about your boat. Squats like it's overloaded with fat chicks.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Ok I called an old friend of mine up that used to work with me for several years then got into the car biz. He's been the finance director for 3+ years at his dealership. He's said find out what you want and he will get it. No salesmen, no bs, no hastle. Everything would be run through him. It's all ars backwards but it will work via phone and Internet.

Glad you found someone that can help you out locally...

BrianM
06-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Does yours squat to the bump stops when you put 300lbs in the bed. Mine does. What about your boat. Squats like it's overloaded with fat chicks.

Nope. LTZ has Autoride with load leveling. Sits perfectly level with the boat. Haven't had 3000lbs in the bed but have had around 2k and it still sat level. Rides great both loaded and unloaded. What year is yours?

Thrall
06-18-2011, 04:34 PM
New(er) F150's have really light rear springs as well. I've run overloads on my last 3 company trucks because they wouldn't hold up an 80gal transfer tank and a tool box, combined weight less than 1000lbs and all ahead of the rear axle.
My new 2011 company F150 is even softer I swear. Had maybe 500lbs of traffic control gear in the back and it looked like I lowered it. The new 5.0 and 6sp auto is bad ars though. Ferd finally got it right with that setup I think!
Don't let that stop you with any leaf sprung truck though (not sure if the Avy is leafs or coils). A cheap set of helper springs will make all the difference in the world. Coils are easy to beef up with a set of airbags for a couple hundo as well.
If you're looking used, why not just look private party? You're never going to get a better deal thru a dealer. Factory warranty is factory warranty regardless of who you buy it from if you're looking new enuff to have a warranty. No salesman bs, find the one you like, phone the guy up and go check it out. Alot easier to cut down on how much sales tax you have to pay if you buy private party too (if you catch my drift) unless you're financing a big chunk of it of course.
Plus you're in TX, there should be good used private party trucks coming our your @ss down there, right? Especially with gas prices up again.

Iskidaily
06-18-2011, 11:12 PM
I spent 2 weeks working at a dealership in Dallas. Oh my, what a bunch of sleaze bags. I was 20 years old and one day after a rant from the sales manager, I just handed him my badge and left. Find what you want and let them work for you. Good luck. I love my 2009 Suburban LTZ

Maristar210
06-19-2011, 01:55 AM

Well they are only for gay cops and Camerons dad refuses to pay for one. Besides your emblem gets swiped.........

Hey BrianM :finger:

BrianM
06-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Hey BrianM :finger:

Back at ya! :cool:

CruisinGA
06-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Sounds like you have it figured out with your friend.

Recently, a friend of mine was shopping for a new ride, knew what he wanted, what options would work for him and he had the cash. He sent the online sales guys at every dealer in our area that carried that brand and told them what he was looking for and asked for their best offer. He would then send the best offer he received back out to the list. He repeated this until the price was only going down $50 at a time and sent one last email saying that the first response he got at that price would get his business.

Regarding new vehicles being a bad financial decision, many consumer experts have made the case that some new vehicles are a better deal than some 1-3 yr old used vehicles, due to the shortage of used vehicles for sale and the soft new vehicle market.

Rockman
06-20-2011, 03:04 PM

300 lbs->That sucks.

The most I had loaded in the bed was a full skid of top soil...2,400 lbs. My truck was no where near maximum loading capacity and the a$$ was not sagging down.

Kyle
06-20-2011, 03:14 PM
My Avy is leveled. I think that has something to do with the squatting.

My Avy also doesn't have air ride.

BrianM
06-20-2011, 05:07 PM
My Avy is leveled. I think that has something to do with the squatting.

My Avy also doesn't have air ride.

Try an LTZ with the Autoride (air).

Kyle
06-20-2011, 05:12 PM
I gave up on 3/4 ton.

Going to look at Avy ltz (talked me into looking at it), KR 150 love the leather, Texas edition chevy 1500

now what factory system will work with iPod set up. I want the navigation touch screen to take over iPod or IPhone. I don't want to use the 1/8 head phone plug.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Did you know that the leather thats used in the kr trucks actually comes from the cows at king ranch

Kyle
06-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Did you know that the leather thats used in the kr trucks actually comes from the cows at king ranch

Yes sir. Another reason I want that leather. I like the look

plunk77
06-20-2011, 06:42 PM
I gave up on 3/4 ton.

Going to look at Avy ltz (talked me into looking at it), KR 150 love the leather, Texas edition chevy 1500

now what factory system will work with iPod set up. I want the navigation touch screen to take over iPod or IPhone. I don't want to use the 1/8 head phone plug.

the chevy will. my GMC 1500 does. its really nice.

DemolitionMan
06-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Kyle I found you a new purple escalade today, it is only 74k.

psychobilly
06-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Kyle when I bought my OL her new grocery go getter, '11 Explorer Limited ::-), I looked at an F250 King Ranch LOADED! I bout puked when he told me the sales price.... 81K!!!!!! It was DAMMNNNN nice, but I can't afford to ride in it! I'll keep my '02 F250 Lariat!

SDProstar
06-22-2011, 05:34 PM
We love our '10 F250, Kyle. It's not a KR, but does have leater. Oil burner, not gas, pulls our old Airstream like there is nothing behind us. Best tank = 20mpg freeway. Avg, much lower. Bought it through Costco and did not deal with any salesman. Paid $48K + tax, etc.

Chris

plunk77
06-22-2011, 05:50 PM
bought it through costco? that store really does have everything

Huskie05
06-22-2011, 05:56 PM
We love our '10 F250, Kyle. It's not a KR, but does have leater. Oil burner, not gas, pulls our old Airstream like there is nothing behind us. Best tank = 20mpg freeway. Avg, much lower. Bought it through Costco and did not deal with any salesman. Paid $48K + tax, etc.

Chris

that is a ncie, very nice set up. Love the Airstream. My Grand Father/Mother did the very first tour thru Africa with Airstream. They all shipped their Internationals and Airstreams, did like 4 months in Africa. Have the old footage from the trip... they did like 2000 miles, had to ship and truck the gas in, some days it was so rough they only went 5 miles.

Sullivan
06-23-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm buying a 2011 F350 Lariat Short Bed. Fully loaded with the new 6.7 Powerstroke. Pick it up this coming Saturday.

The sticker on my truck was 62.5K (not what I paid), a fully loaded King Ranch that I was looking at was 64K. I'm just not a fan of the gold they put in the two tone paint.

Kyle
08-06-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm reviving the old thread here.

I've learned to love truck shopping especially in the 108* heat lol.

Here is what I've done. I drive onto the lot in my truck and drive to the possible truck to purchase and I get out while leaving my truck running. I look around and get back into my truck and go to the next one and repeat. A sales man will walk out and he walks while I ride.

The other day I went in to play sit In the salesmans office while he played go talk to daddy. He said sit right here I'll be right back. As soon as he left the office I stood up. I walked around and started touching everything. At this point father and son think I'm about to walk out so they both approach me. Father the manager started talking and the son or salesman stood like 10' away while listening. I was there a total of 15 min.

I have done this several places and my phone and email are going crazy with trucks. The driving the lot and refusing to play their game and playing mine works well. People don't like change and when you can change the element the comfortable salesman is in then the playing field becomes a little more even.

Going to look at a kr f150 today. Suppositly its plush and very clean.

Kyle
08-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Ok I've narrowed it to 3 trucks.

1) King Ranch F150 4x4, sunroof, sync, navigation, back up camera etc

2) Avalanche LTZ sunroof, navigation touch screen, back up camera, leather

3) Chevy Silverado LTZ 1500 same as goodies as avalanche

Ok now which one to buy. Which one is nicer.

Which one will pull better. Not max capacity just pull better with better power.

Sullivan
08-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Dude, don't buy the Government Motors! Buy the KR! What motor is in this KR?

X45fun
08-06-2011, 12:09 PM

HAHAHAHAHA

mtajpa
08-06-2011, 12:11 PM
You live in Texas there is only 1 choice. The KING RANCH. I drool over my buddies all the time as I usually buy his trucks from him when they hit 36000 but this one he's keepin no matter what I tell him.

X45fun
08-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Ok I've narrowed it to 3 trucks.

1) King Ranch F150 4x4, sunroof, sync, navigation, back up camera etc

2) Avalanche LTZ sunroof, navigation touch screen, back up camera, leather

3) Chevy Silverado LTZ 1500 same as goodies as avalanche

Ok now which one to buy. Which one is nicer.

Which one will pull better. Not max capacity just pull better with better power.

I have the F250 with leather and back up camera (diesel too). I know you are not looking at the F250 but I can tell you that it is great having the back up camera and all the stuff you get with the navigation. I am hooked on Ford and have not had any problems. When I drive it if feels like I am in a first class cabin. Since I have the X45 I need more power than the F150 offers. You wont be disappointed with the Ford (cant speak for GM products).

mtajpa
08-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Since you seem to be looking into the gas engines. Ford had an issue with the Variable Valve Timing in the 2005 5.4's. It is a problem that causes a bit of valve train noise and makes them sound like a diesel at idle. Not sure of what year your looking but several folks on the Ford forum's have a lot to say about this problem. I have an Exp. with 5.4 also and it is just like my MC's vdrive rattle.

The8Ball
08-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Stick with GM.

Kyle
08-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Since you seem to be looking into the gas engines. Ford had an issue with the Variable Valve Timing in the 2005 5.4's. It is a problem that causes a bit of valve train noise and makes them sound like a diesel at idle. Not sure of what year your looking but several folks on the Ford forum's have a lot to say about this problem. I have an Exp. with 5.4 also and it is just like my MC's vdrive rattle.

I'm looking at '08 and '09. I do believe the '09 has the sync and the '08 does not

Kyle
08-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Stick with GM.

My last 4 trucks have been gm. Never owned anything else.

My buddy has an '09 f150 platinum and we used it to pull a 12,000# tractor out of a stock tank when it froze solid and the ice would not break until we got too close and sank the tractor. The cows could not drink. Anyway I pulled the tractor out 4x4 low in idle or just above. My avy would still be working trying to yard it out.

saberworks
08-06-2011, 01:54 PM

Am going through this, I bought an 05 with 40k miles and it started doing this. $1400 repair at dealer. Other local shops weren't interested in working on it.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
08-06-2011, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't trade my 06 lariat 4x4 5.4 for anything else right now, Ford will pull better but gm has better fuel economy, I get 12.5 city and 14 highway empty. If you can go newer get the 5.0 more pull and better economy. The king ranch is the most luxury truck out there.

Kyle
08-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Ok got a deal working waiting on the bank.

09 kr pearl white
Navigation touch screen
Sun roof
Back up camera
Upgraded stereo with sub
4x4
Spray in liner
Low miles
Sync system
Air condition seats
Heated seats

The works. Will know everything on Monday.

Covi
08-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Good luck!!! Kyle..

Kyle
08-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Good luck!!! Kyle..

Thanks I need all of the luck I can get.

Sullivan
08-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Sweet Truck! Hope it works out for ya.

Kyle
08-08-2011, 10:32 PM
I bought he 2009 king ranch f150

Pearl white
Navigation
Back up camera
Sun roof
Electric sliding rear window
King ranch leather
Sync system
4x4
Air conditioned seats
Heated seats
Sony system with subwoofer

The truck is bad freaking a$$

It's mine.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
08-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Congratulations dude

russlars
08-09-2011, 01:55 AM

Pearl white
Navigation
Back up camera
Sun roof
King ranch leather
Sync system
4x4
Air conditioned seats
Heated seats

It's mine.
Congrats. You are going to love it. I have the same truck, same year in black.:D

BrianM
08-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Don't get the seats wet! That leather in the king ranch is super plush but uncoated and willbstain and discolor with any bit of moisture. Water, sweat, sunscreen etc.

x-swagger
08-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Congrats, my last truck was a King Ranch I miss the hell out of it.

Does anyone have any insight on the '02 model silverado 3/4 ton with the duramax? Is that the 6.6L and how much power is it producing? I'm lookin at one, tired of chugging unleaded with my 8.1L Suburban.

Kyle
08-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Don't get the seats wet! That leather in the king ranch is super plush but uncoated and willbstain and discolor with any bit of moisture. Water, sweat, sunscreen etc.

I have been reading about that a bunch.

I heard that the kr leather is the leather from the kr cows.

Being from tx I wear boots and jeans a lot. I had a very tiny spot on the driver seat that I used some bick4 leather conditioner on and it came right out immediately. That being said I wear nice boots out in rough terrain and scratch them sometimes. I use the bick4 and the scratches come out and then I use a course followed by a fine horse hair brush to buff. I wonder if the seats are similar.

I'm going to call ford and maybe the kr saddle shop to find out eat is recommended and I will watch the seats like a hawk. My chocolate lab just lost his favorite up front seat with his head out the window. The rear seats fold up and he can have a few towels on the rear floor. His toe nails would destroy that leather.

TxsRiverRat
08-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Wait a second... What would be so bad about driving the A-Team Van?

Congrats on the new truck sh*thead! :cool:

billr
08-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Come on Kyle, give the poor dog a break! If it slobbers like mine, you will need a bucket back there too!!

TxsRiverRat
08-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Being from tx I wear boots and jeans a lot.

Just as proof, heres a video of kyle waterskiing here in texas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW5UEW2kYvc&ob=av2e

russlars
08-09-2011, 11:28 AM

Being from tx I wear boots and jeans a lot. I had a very tiny spot on the driver seat that I used some bick4 leather conditioner on and it came right out immediately. That being said I wear nice boots out in rough terrain and scratch them sometimes. I use the bick4 and the scratches come out and then I use a course followed by a fine horse hair brush to buff. I wonder if the seats are similar.

I'm going to call ford and maybe the kr saddle shop to find out eat is recommended and I will watch the seats like a hawk. My chocolate lab just lost his favorite up front seat with his head out the window. The rear seats fold up and he can have a few towels on the rear floor. His toe nails would destroy that leather.
Buy the King Ranch Leather Conditioner. It will keep the seats looking great, smells great, and helps repel moisture. I accidentally spilled about a cup of water on my seat a few days ago and just wiped it up and all is well. From my understanding the KR leather in the 09's and up is Chaparel leather and is more durable and stain resistant than the Castano leather in the previous models. My truck is going on 2 years and 30,000 miles and the seats still look new but I do try and treat them right.

x-swagger
08-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Saddle soap, best stuff ever.
Way cheaper than KR conditioner too.

stuartmcnair
08-09-2011, 12:04 PM
I am yet to treat the seats on my 05 KR 250 with anything other than wiping them off. Still look perfect. That leather is meant to take a beating. It is the belt leather so it is tougher than a standard seat leather...meant to hold up to ranch work where you could have buckles from chaps on the back of your pants and legs

I have a bottle of the KR leather conditioner...I guess I ought to use it

MC-COOL
08-09-2011, 01:07 PM
If You Are Still Looking For A Truck Maybe I Can Help. We Have Family Owned A Ford Dealership About 3 Hrs East Of Ft. Worth. We Are In A Small Town Just Outside Of Texarkana On I-30 (new Boston). We Buy Out Boats In Ft. Worth And It Is Worth The Drive For Us. Maybe I Can Help, Maybe I Cant. Wont Hurt To Check.

2007 X-15
2009 X-15
2011 X-45

stuartmcnair
08-10-2011, 12:33 PM
oh yeah...my seats get wet all the time...no trouble

tex
08-10-2011, 02:04 PM

Pearl white
Navigation
Back up camera
Sun roof
King ranch leather
Sync system
4x4
Air conditioned seats
Heated seats

It's mine.

Saw it Tuesday....Very nice truck!!!!!

Kyle
08-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Ok there is one problem with the truck. I was driving the truck hauling my boat to go ski this morning and I look down an I'm going 87 mph. I swore I was going 60. Man that thing rides smooth and the boat is nothing for that truck to pull.

east tx skier
08-10-2011, 05:40 PM
If you're not dead set on brand new, go to Carmax. You'll pay around book, but the experience was so nice that, in the end, I wasn't worried about the bit of coin we could have saved by playing the negotiation game. Sold the car back to them for a fair price after my wife put well over 200K nearly trouble free miles on it.

I have started looking for a replacement for my Honda. With 180K miles on it, it's just barely broken in. But I want to know what I want before it gets to the point of needing to be replaced.

Kyle
08-10-2011, 09:06 PM
If you're not dead set on brand new, go to Carmax. You'll pay around book, but the experience was so nice that, in the end, I wasn't worried about the bit of coin we could have saved by playing the negotiation game. Sold the car back to them for a fair price after my wife put well over 200K nearly trouble free miles on it.

I have started looking for a replacement for my Honda. With 180K miles on it, it's just barely broken in. But I want to know what I want before it gets to the point of needing to be replaced.

I bought my king ranch on Monday 8-8-2011.

Post 71 was me being sarcastic

east tx skier
08-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Late to the party as usual.

Cloaked
08-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Congrats, my last truck was a King Ranch I miss the hell out of it.

Does anyone have any insight on the '02 model silverado 3/4 ton with the duramax? Is that the 6.6L and how much power is it producing? I'm lookin at one, tired of chugging unleaded with my 8.1L Suburban.2001 - 2004 has the LB7 engine. Walk away from it. Issues with fuel injectors that is widely known if you have done any research.

Preference is 2006 - 2007 (first half of 2007 production year - classic body style) and the LBZ engine.

You'll see a lot of LB7s cheap. There's a reason.

Engine Identification:
The Duramax engine has evolved from the original LB7 series to the LLY, then LBZ, and now the LMM series. The LB7 was used from 2001 model year until mid 2004 model year. In mid 2004 the LLY series was released. In 2006 the Duramax changed again. The early 2006 engines were still called LLY and the later 2006 and 2007 "Classic" became the LBZ. This creates some confusion as the 06 LLY is distinctively different from the 04.5-05 LLY. The 2006 LLY and LBZ engines are essentially the same when it comes to modifications. The LMM began in the new body style GMT 900 series trucks in 2007. The simplest way to verify which series you have is the VIN# of the truck. The 8th digit is the engine ID and it will either be a 1, 2, D, or 6.

01-04 LB7 is a 1
04.5-05 LLY is a 2
06 LLY is a 2 (uses same mods as LBZ)
06-07 LBZ is a D
07 LMM is a 6 (new body style GMT 900 series)
Example: 1GCHK29143Exxxxxx for LB7 and 1GCHK29245Exxxxx for LLY. It is important to know this as while the engines are essentially the same at the core, the electronics, turbochargers, electronics, and injectors are different among the variants. The 10th place in the VIN number identifies the model year on these vehicles. The example above shows the 2003 model year LB7 and 2005 LLY.

LB7 - 300 HP / 525 ft-lbs
LLY - 310 / 610
LBZ - 360 / 650
LMM - 365 / 660

curtish
08-11-2011, 01:29 AM
Kyle, are you going to make us beg? Let's SEE the new truck!

x-swagger
08-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the heads up Cloaked. Yeah it seemed like a good deal on this '02, thanks for the explanation.

Sticking with the Big Block Burb for now...

02ProstarSammyD
08-11-2011, 10:35 AM

Bought 1 from carmax........never again. Seriously the biggest pos I have ever owned.

etduc
08-11-2011, 10:48 AM

Kyle, congrats on the truck. As to leather care, you are dead-on.

It is moisture and body salts, that ruins the leather. Be it boots or seats. We use to hose down our roadracing leathers with water, then saddle soap, then manufacturers recommended conditioner. (This info is from my suit manufacturer.) I raced CMRA/RPM/WERA for about 10 years, in Texas-Oklahoma heat.

Most people just don't do the maintenance. I usually do my leather seats, in April and Sept. Repeat conditioner only every month during the summer.

One caveat. The conditioner, should be for car seats. Some combination shoe/leather conditioners can stain clothing.

Kyle
08-11-2011, 01:35 PM
OK OK OK

Here are pics finally

TxsRiverRat
08-11-2011, 01:38 PM
How about a few ski videos for your old buddy Mark?

:rolleyes:

Kyle
08-11-2011, 01:40 PM

Sullivan
08-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Sweet! Got the stinger already in the hitch. Must of been towing the MC already. Nice

curtish
08-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Sweet! The seats look amazing. Like the two-tone paint too.

Kyle
10-31-2011, 06:43 PM
Ok yesterday I had a 32oz cup of coke from taco bueno that the bottom broke out of and spilled the entire coke on the drivers seat. I let it dry after wiping it up and conditioning the seat with king ranch conditioner. Today there is no signs of a spill and nothing is sticky. Did I just get real lucky or is the leather hardier than I give it credit. I thought that it would leave an outline ring where the leather got wet. Anyone ever had this happen??

vrsc
11-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Ok yesterday I had a 32oz cup of coke from taco bueno that the bottom broke out of and spilled the entire coke on the drivers seat. I let it dry after wiping it up and conditioning the seat with king ranch conditioner. Today there is no signs of a spill and nothing is sticky. Did I just get real lucky or is the leather hardier than I give it credit. I thought that it would leave an outline ring where the leather got wet. Anyone ever had this happen??

It just depends on the leather. Ive had 3 kingranches and The newer leather being used is is no longer the unprotected analine leather. Your leather and my leather now in the newer king ranches are semi-Analine with a protective top coat. This thin protective top coat allows the leather not to be penetrated so your safe. Unfortunately my 2011 has perforated AC seats so when I spilt something, it soaked Into the leather through the holes an I am left with a stain.
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/vrsc/IMG_0235.jpg
Back seat new
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/vrsc/c8c09669.jpg
Backseat stain
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/vrsc/bc4f30cf.jpg

vrsc
11-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Oh and congrats on the truck. They are great and get the job done while enjoying the ride

Kyle
11-02-2011, 11:16 AM
VRSC
Your truck is really bad a$$

My '09 has the same perforated leather ac seats. The coke was on the lest a total of less than a minute. I guess I got lucky.

vrsc
11-02-2011, 09:59 PM
VRSC
Your truck is really bad a$$

My '09 has the same perforated leather ac seats. The coke was on the lest a total of less than a minute. I guess I got lucky.

Thank you, I enjoy it.