PDA

View Full Version : went fishing last night

willyt
06-17-2011, 10:13 AM
No… I really did. Here’s the story:

So leave work around 5 to put the boat in for the brad paisley/blake Shelton concert at riverbend (which was awesome btw). People show up, and we head off to do a little riding before the concert. Roommate (craftless) finally figures out how to blow into the flats… so we’re all having a good time watching him trying to land it. And then it happens:

As I’m pulling around to pick him up, glance ahead of us, don’t see anything. Look back, put the boat in idle and what washes to the surface from the prop wash… a fish! Kinda laughed about it at first and just continued riding. Then I’m wondering today… how often to people hit fish with their props?

Gat gum fish rite der gunna be dinnar!!!!

DooSPX
06-17-2011, 10:16 AM
I hit a 2 foot carp last month. Poor thing...

willyt
06-17-2011, 10:19 AM
oh yea... forgot to add, fish that i hit was about that big too

DemolitionMan
06-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Good story.

DooSPX
06-17-2011, 10:28 AM
I ran over a softshelled turtle too with my ski once. It startled me so bad I wipe out....

DemolitionMan
06-17-2011, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=DooSPX;762989]I ran over a softshelled turtle too with my ski once. It startled me so bad I wipe out....[/QUOTe

Boarding on the river one day a friend ran over a water moccasin on his board.

DooSPX
06-17-2011, 10:42 AM
DAMN! I would have shiat myself! LOL

DemolitionMan
06-17-2011, 10:46 AM
DAMN! I would have shiat myself! LOL

He hit it when he was cutting out.

Jeff d
06-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Was out on my neighbor's super air nautique last year and he was wakeboarding. The boat scared about a 2 ft carp out of the water. It jumped up and hit him right in the shoulder/chest and knocked him down.

Huskie05
06-17-2011, 12:33 PM
We used to run over Mud Hens on Big Bear Lake with our ski. Boat was out of the no wake buoy, we would ski in and thump them on the head. Feel bad now, but back then it was a lot of fun. Feathers on the leg hair.....

lanep82
06-17-2011, 12:37 PM
On Lake Travis several years ago, I saw, I kid you not, probably about a 6 foot snake swimming across this cove that we ride in.

Soooo.....what did I do? I drove directly at that sucker and chopped it up to pieces. You could literally feel the prop hit the snake. This was on our old Malibu so no MC props were injured during the execution of this! hah

scott023
06-17-2011, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=DooSPX;762989]I ran over a softshelled turtle too with my ski once. It startled me so bad I wipe out....[/QUOTe

Boarding on the river one day a friend ran over a water moccasin on his board.

Holy lick. That would be a little concerning to say the least.

Bobwire
06-17-2011, 01:07 PM
I had a mullet jump in the boat while we were going about 25 mph. Scared the snot out of my 3 year old.

Kyle
06-17-2011, 01:20 PM
I was riding an old school air chair like 6 years ago when I was landing my wake roll I felt the ski stall out like I hit something. My buddy said there is a fish behind you. It was a large mouth bass that was like 7 or 8 lbs and like 20" long. Gotta pic somewhere.

Huskie05
06-17-2011, 01:33 PM
I had a mullet jump in the boat while we were going about 25 mph. Scared the snot out of my 3 year old.

A mullet? Was it Keith Stone?

gatorguy
06-17-2011, 01:36 PM
I've taken care of a couple of patients in the OR in Florida who had been boating or jetskiing and had collided with large fish that had jumped into the air at the most inopertune time. When you hit something large at 40-60mph it tends to break faces and arms.

chawk610
06-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Darn silver carp... kill all on site... and snakeheads too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DemolitionMan
06-17-2011, 02:46 PM
I've taken care of a couple of patients in the OR in Florida who had been boating or jetskiing and had collided with large fish that had jumped into the air at the most inopertune time. When you hit something large at 40-60mph it tends to break faces and arms.

Ouch that is scary.

shepherd
06-17-2011, 04:17 PM
On Lake Travis several years ago, I saw, I kid you not, probably about a 6 foot snake swimming across this cove that we ride in.

Soooo.....what did I do? I drove directly at that sucker and chopped it up to pieces. You could literally feel the prop hit the snake. This was on our old Malibu so no MC props were injured during the execution of this! hah

I almost ran over 6+ ft rattlesnake swimming across our lake last summer. I was on my ski. Luckily, I was only free-skiing behind the boat (rare for me) and was looking ahead and saw it in time to swerve away from it. The boat missed it by a couple feet.

A few years ago, we had to do some repair work on a section of the slalom course. When we pulled up the pvc pipe to replace a buoy, we found a small (about 6') dead alligator wrapped up in the course wires. It apparently hit the cable when it was swimming around, panicked, thrashed around and got tangled up in the cables and drowned.

SkiDog
06-17-2011, 04:47 PM
I almost ran over 6+ ft rattlesnake swimming across our lake last summer. I was on my ski. Luckily, I was only free-skiing behind the boat (rare for me) and was looking ahead and saw it in time to swerve away from it. The boat missed it by a couple feet.

A few years ago, we had to do some repair work on a section of the slalom course. When we pulled up the pvc pipe to replace a buoy, we found a small (about 6') dead alligator wrapped up in the course wires. It apparently hit the cable when it was swimming around, panicked, thrashed around and got tangled up in the cables and drowned.

Now thats funny Shep!
I saw a rattle snake so big during a flood at our camp that I actually thought it was a small gator swimming along! This guy was HUGE!
Hitting a fish on a hydrofoil is NO fun! Faceplant city!

Bobwire
06-17-2011, 10:56 PM
A mullet? Was it Keith Stone?

Ha...funny you say that. Thats my online poker name. LOL.....

Soooo smoooth lol

Cmpdman
06-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Darn silver carp... kill all on site... and snakeheads too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver carp fishing. My kids loved this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN2gMP3Q2Z4&feature=youtube_gdata_player